Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:56:25 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 97: Even Nonsense  (Read 29301 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 97: Even Nonsense
"Culture" is a tricky word, but pop culture is our culture, and the disposable profit-motivated pop music that's been released over the past 30 years has done far more to influence our way of life than the hundreds of years of finely crafted art before it. Maybe this is a coarsening of humans as a species, or maybe it's that it's way more fun to listen to "Shoop" than it is to read Leaves of Grass. But have you ever taken a moment to consider who was really responsible for all of this? Because it turns out it's just some lady with a blog. This week, we're writing the definitive Nirvana biopic.

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #1
Is Nutshell broadcasting from an oil drum in this episode?
Alpha Starsquatch

Moriarty

• Paid
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #2
Someone needs to set this woman up with Jonathan Lee Riches, because they're obviously soulmates. He could even help her to sue all of these people for stealing her hard work.

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #3
Is Nutshell broadcasting from an oil drum in this episode?
Geremy Tibbles, March 26, 2013, 10:54:56 pm

No kidding. I need to get a new mic.

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #4
These threads would be helpful if they linked to the audio of the podcast somewhere...

(Yes, I know how to use iTunes, but the thread topics would benefit from a direct link.)

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #5
I like how, even though she's spinning this ridiculous alternate history narrative in which she meets and inspires all these famous people, she still can't manage to make her life sound not really sheltered and boring.

I mean she's brushing elbows with the likes of Kurt Kobain and Tom Cruise but she's never really leaving the podunk Alabama town she was born in, everyone's just sort of coming to her. The only time she actually goes somewhere it's for a crappy cruise. It's like that's the best you can come up with? The limitless potential of your deranged mind and the best alternate reality adventure you can come up with is taking a cheap cruise with Def Leppard?
Lemon chai tea latte Psammetichus Sherman Tank

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #6
This really is a beautiful case of delusions of grandeur inspired by good old fashioned paranoid schizophrenia. Gotta love the completely coincidental connections that supposedly have huge meaning, but then again they clearly do to her.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #7
Someone needs to set this woman up with Jonathan Lee Riches, because they're obviously soulmates. He could even help her to sue all of these people for stealing her hard work.
Moriarty, March 26, 2013, 11:48:13 pm

I was literally thinking that for the entirety of the podcast. Maybe throw in Joan Ocean for a good ol crazy threesome

fruit power

• Paid
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #8
This can't be real.

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #9
this is so awesome

i love this brand of crazy

nilvoid

• FUCK COMPOSE FUCK MELODY
  • Paid
  • DEDICATED TO NO ONE THANKS TO NO ONE ART IS OVER
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #10
That was the longest Troper Tale ever.
Chaz Adept Delcat

PurpleXVI

• Paid
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #11
Man, I still can't perfectly parse this episode. What the hell did I just listen to? It reminds me of the episode with the guy with all the lawsuits, where someone's either amazingly bored or really, genuinely perceives a universe that has nothing to do with the one the rest of us live in except for a few recurring names.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #12
Lemon, can we please get an extra/short of Amy's current brainsplosion in the comments? Because she's suddenly taking responsibility for Sailor Moon and it's so, so beautiful.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #13
I don't think that's a good idea. It's obvious she found us through a vanity Google, and once she realizes we will read aloud shit she says, she'll never leave. It's attention.

Edit: Okay I just visited the comments section and holy shit she is loving the attention she is getting from you guys. She'll probably wind up spending ten dollars to post here and then we can ban her for only ever talking about herself.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:06:02 pm by Isfahan »

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Episode 97: Even Nonsense #14
"I am personally not aware of his work. It does seem my work on Aliens had an influence on him. I did create the Japanese cartoon Sailor Moon while working with Michael Jackson. After creation, some things were taken out of my hands and put into the hands of experts. Sailor Moon was a precursor to working on ideas for the British "Spice Girls". Due to what was happening to me, I was very much into "girl" empowerment. I had many strong female role models in my life, one being my mother, and wanted to create role models for the next generation."

And then when I asked what cartoons she's created/inspired...

"I worked with Michael Jackson on ideas for The Lion King and worked on ideas for turning it into a Broadway show. I wrote the song "Circle of Life" recorded by Elton. Elton's writing partner Bernie was inspiration for when I came up with the film Weekend at Bernie's.
I actually have not seen Sailor V, but know where it came from. The "V" came from name tags in a James Bond film. This lead to the alien television show "V" in 1983, and it was a stage prop used on the show as a "communicator" by one of the aliens with a screen, keyboard, and a camera that was inspiration for when I came up with the idea for the "Blackberry" phone. I often worked with Steve Wozniak of Apple on ideas and told him about the phone in 1983. Researching began in the early '80s developing the technology for the phone."

You all may thank me now for getting this response out of her.
Ansemaru Sherman Tank