Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)

<< < (47/49) > >>

Chupasaurus-Rex:
I sell whisky for a living at the moment (yay for weird "high end retail" I guess) so I get to have some really fantastic whisky on a pretty regular basis.

Neal:
I sell whisky for a living at the moment (yay for weird "high end retail" I guess) so I get to have some really fantastic whisky on a pretty regular basis.
Chupasaurus-Rex, August 28, 2019, 06:51:04 am
--- End quote ---

WHY ARE YOU NOT SHARING

Neal:
Continuing my journey through gin, and eyeing a bottle of Roku at the local store. I've loved every other Suntory spirit I've had. Anyone have experience with it? How's it stack up to your standard stuff like Bombay or Gordon's?

Chupasaurus-Rex:

WHY ARE YOU NOT SHARING

Continuing my journey through gin, and eyeing a bottle of Roku at the local store. I've loved every other Suntory spirit I've had. Anyone have experience with it? How's it stack up to your standard stuff like Bombay or Gordon's?
Neal, August 30, 2019, 03:50:05 pm
--- End quote ---

I would share... no one asks.

Also, I actually have some experience with the Roku. It is really interesting and tasty, I would say it is a totally different animal than Gordon's or Bombay though. They only have a few bontanicals that are added to the base (juniper infused) spirit. If I remember right it is Sakura leaves and blossoms, Yuzu (japanese bitter orange I think) peel, Sansho Peppercorns (a Japanese black pepper I believe), with sensha and gyokuro tea leaves.

It's got a really light floral and citrus nose, but has a super good herbal vibe on the palate, with a pop of the citrus from the Yuzu, and prickly pepperiness right towards the finish.

I'm generally not super into gins, but it is certainly a nifty one that isn't wildly expensive.

Yavuz:
Had an "Autumn Mule" tonight, it was very good. Tanqueray, pear nectar, and ginger beer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version