Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:15 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020  (Read 99101 times)

Neal

F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #300

still having trouble believing any of this happened.
what i do know is that my life improved exponentially after my historic pilgrimage across the country to meet other internet weirdos.
i watched all the footage again, finally. and i'm trying not to cry! it was real and it happened!

without a hint of irony, i have to say that this was probably the single most important event of my life so far. keep in mind i'm only 21 and have never traveled across the country, so far from home, on my own, in an unfamiliar climate, to meet strangers. and i didn't even get lost once! before this trip i only ever left my house to go to work.
each of the four days was spent hanging out with various ballpit people that i barely knew at all, yet when we got together it was like we'd been friends for years. we clicked instantly. there was no awkwardness at all. i've been bad about keeping in contact but i'm gonna try and talk to some of you again one on one because you're all great.

it really marked the start of my new year, it cleared my head, and now i can look at the footage and realize that i kind of fit right in with these other incredible crazy internet people and maybe i'm not as much of an outsider as i like to think. regardless of my weird tangents...everyone's got those weird moments sometimes, right?

the f plus is probably one of the best things to happen to me. i mean that. nowadays it's not the only thing i have to look forward to, but for a solid year and a half, it was really all i had to ground me. and now listening to the podcast has been enhanced since i can picture the ridiculousness going on behind the screen.

yes, i am posting this a month and a half late. but cut me some slack! i just relived a game-changing moment in my life and i'm getting all emotional again.
plus, i'm canon in the f plus extended universe now
Hux, March 07, 2020, 03:42:39 pm

but did you fuck anyone

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #301
Buddy, they won't even let me fuck it
chai tea latte Puppy Time ViviVixen Boots Raingear NutshellGulag Shell Game Antivehicular

Hux

• i'm like jim jones but a girl
  • Paid
  • ouuuuuuuuuuughe
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #302

still having trouble believing any of this happened.
what i do know is that my life improved exponentially after my historic pilgrimage across the country to meet other internet weirdos.
i watched all the footage again, finally. and i'm trying not to cry! it was real and it happened!

without a hint of irony, i have to say that this was probably the single most important event of my life so far. keep in mind i'm only 21 and have never traveled across the country, so far from home, on my own, in an unfamiliar climate, to meet strangers. and i didn't even get lost once! before this trip i only ever left my house to go to work.
each of the four days was spent hanging out with various ballpit people that i barely knew at all, yet when we got together it was like we'd been friends for years. we clicked instantly. there was no awkwardness at all. i've been bad about keeping in contact but i'm gonna try and talk to some of you again one on one because you're all great.

it really marked the start of my new year, it cleared my head, and now i can look at the footage and realize that i kind of fit right in with these other incredible crazy internet people and maybe i'm not as much of an outsider as i like to think. regardless of my weird tangents...everyone's got those weird moments sometimes, right?

the f plus is probably one of the best things to happen to me. i mean that. nowadays it's not the only thing i have to look forward to, but for a solid year and a half, it was really all i had to ground me. and now listening to the podcast has been enhanced since i can picture the ridiculousness going on behind the screen.

yes, i am posting this a month and a half late. but cut me some slack! i just relived a game-changing moment in my life and i'm getting all emotional again.
plus, i'm canon in the f plus extended universe now
Hux, March 07, 2020, 03:42:39 pm

but did you fuck anyone
Neal, March 07, 2020, 05:26:06 pm

the closest i got was groping bunnybread's tit, which was a spiritual experience better than sex.
dare i say...astral sex?

and making a man drink his own piss through an eyedropper on stage is a new fetish of mine!

overall a very sexy yet sexless experience. 10/10 would throw cash at victor and bunnybread again
chai tea latte ViviVixen

Neal

F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #303
Bobguinary Novel, March 07, 2020, 05:28:07 pm

I refuse to believe that Linda didn't even score.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #304

Neal, March 07, 2020, 08:11:35 pm

Linda doesn't fuck anymore. When people take their pants off that's when you find the diapers
NutshellGulag Shell Game GirlKisser420

Neal

F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #305

Neal, March 07, 2020, 08:11:35 pm

Linda doesn't fuck anymore. When people take their pants off that's when you find the diapers
Bobguinary Novel, March 07, 2020, 11:26:07 pm

Don't judge us all according to your experiences with Lemon.

Hux

• Paid
  • ouuuuuuuuuuughe
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #306
actually, linda fucked us all.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #307
I was not fucked. I was safe in my dungeon, which is quite comfortable thank you!
Macho Masc Sangy Savage

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #308
planted a bunch of land mines around she'lls dungeon to get her when she--

oh what the hell!!!
GirlKisser420 Shell Game Macho Masc Sangy Savage Frank West chai tea latte Hux Dr. Buttplug NutshellGulag

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #309
I'm proud to say I did not vomit while driving that weekend!

The rental-car guy looked pretty weirded out by the tarps all over the seats, though. I was just being prepared!

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #310
planted a bunch of land mines around she'lls dungeon to get her when she--

oh what the hell!!!
THE CURSE OF THE WITCH OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB, March 08, 2020, 01:45:12 am
I saw the dew! Also the locals really didn't seem to wanna go there...
NutshellGulag

kthorjensen

• Paid
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #311
I meant to do this a while back but I have a free moment right now so it's time to talk about THE GIMMICKS.

I knew going in to this show that I would be competing at a tremendous disadvantage due to my lack of name recognition and advanced age, so I had to do something a little extra.

Obviously if I had gone on to the second round at F Plus Live I wouldn't have done the "box of mystery liquids" gimmick again. In fact, I had a second gimmick prepared, which I actually pitched to Lemon when he first asked me to do the show. But that was only one of many concepts and stunts I considered, all of which I am going to reveal to you... right now.

GIMMICK ONE: THE FLEETWOOD

When Lemon asked me to do F Plus Live, I responded with a question: "In addition to the microphone, will i have access to a separate audio out feed into the PA?"

Then I sent him this video:

This clip depicts a furiously cocaine-addled Mick Fleetwood playing a special "percussion vest" made for him in the early 1980s. The vest has a number of pressure sensors on it, and tapping each one cues a different sample.

For the reading, I recorded 500 of the most common English words coupled with another 300 "likely Wikihow words" into my DAW. I then built a very janky replica of Fleetwood's percussion vest out of a cheap electronic drum kit I bought on AliExpress, cut up and sewn together. The intent was, when I got the reading, I would quickly assign eight words from the text to the sensors on the vest and perform the reading by speaking words not represented and hitting the vest for the eight words that were found in the text, combined with upsetting Fleetwood gesticulations (and yes, I did have the ball clackers that hung from the belt as well).

This was a completely ridiculous concept but it would have been a lot of fun. I originally was going to do it first and the box second but made an executive decision to switch them once I saw how the night was going, and I think that was the right choice.

BUT! Before I came up with the mystery liquid box, I ran through a couple other ideas.

GIMMICK TWO: THE BUZZER

I actually prototyped one of these devices before discarding the idea. When called to the microphone, I would give three objects to the other Ridiculists. About the size of a deck of cards, they consisted of a momentary switch attached to a battery and a small transformer. Electrical wire extended from the device to an electrode at the end.

The text would be given to the non-reading Ridiculists along with an index card and a Sharpie for each. Each one would be asked to choose a word that appeared in the text - could be a common word, could be one that only showed up once - and write it down on their card but do not show me.

While they were doing this, I would attach one electrode to my Adam's apple, one electrode to the tip of my penis and one electrode to my anus.

I would then take back the text and instruct the other three Ridiculists to press the button on their device when they heard me read the word they had chosen. That would direct a painful but non-lethal electrical shock to the region of my body corresponding to their device.

At the end of the time, I would then attempt to guess their three words.

I built one of the devices and it worked but as I was reading about it I learned that, even in healthy people, repeated electrical shocks have the potential to induce heart irregularities and potential death. Not wanting to leave a corpse on the F Plus's hands, I abandoned the idea.

GIMMICK THREE: THE STRIPTEASE

I predicted catcalls for nudity would go over pretty well, so I wanted to take off my clothes during the reading only to reveal a flesh-colored jumpsuit underneath those clothes, then remove that jumpsuit to reveal a Slim Goodbody-esque (see video below) anatomical jumpsuit, and then remove that jumpsuit to unleash a cascade of chicken gizzards, cow tripe and other offal all over the stage. If I didn't care about the venue or the event organizers this would definitely be something I'd do, but it wasn't right for that night.

I kicked around a couple of other ideas, including using a ventriloquist's dummy to heckle myself and building a large Bread and Circuses-style puppet, but time drew short.

Anyways that's the long-delayed behind the scenes of my approach to F Plus Live.
chai tea latte Penultimatum Secret Gaygent 69 Lemon Shell Game Puppy Time Boots Raingear Antivehicular Hux Turtle Salubrious Rex Emperor Jack Chick Dr. Buttplug Frank West Great Joe ViviVixen

Hux

• Paid
  • ouuuuuuuuuuughe
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #312
I meant to do this a while back but I have a free moment right now so it's time to talk about THE GIMMICKS.

I knew going in to this show that I would be competing at a tremendous disadvantage due to my lack of name recognition and advanced age, so I had to do something a little extra.

Obviously if I had gone on to the second round at F Plus Live I wouldn't have done the "box of mystery liquids" gimmick again. In fact, I had a second gimmick prepared, which I actually pitched to Lemon when he first asked me to do the show. But that was only one of many concepts and stunts I considered, all of which I am going to reveal to you... right now.

GIMMICK ONE: THE FLEETWOOD

When Lemon asked me to do F Plus Live, I responded with a question: "In addition to the microphone, will i have access to a separate audio out feed into the PA?"

Then I sent him this video:

This clip depicts a furiously cocaine-addled Mick Fleetwood playing a special "percussion vest" made for him in the early 1980s. The vest has a number of pressure sensors on it, and tapping each one cues a different sample.

For the reading, I recorded 500 of the most common English words coupled with another 300 "likely Wikihow words" into my DAW. I then built a very janky replica of Fleetwood's percussion vest out of a cheap electronic drum kit I bought on AliExpress, cut up and sewn together. The intent was, when I got the reading, I would quickly assign eight words from the text to the sensors on the vest and perform the reading by speaking words not represented and hitting the vest for the eight words that were found in the text, combined with upsetting Fleetwood gesticulations (and yes, I did have the ball clackers that hung from the belt as well).

This was a completely ridiculous concept but it would have been a lot of fun. I originally was going to do it first and the box second but made an executive decision to switch them once I saw how the night was going, and I think that was the right choice.

BUT! Before I came up with the mystery liquid box, I ran through a couple other ideas.

GIMMICK TWO: THE BUZZER

I actually prototyped one of these devices before discarding the idea. When called to the microphone, I would give three objects to the other Ridiculists. About the size of a deck of cards, they consisted of a momentary switch attached to a battery and a small transformer. Electrical wire extended from the device to an electrode at the end.

The text would be given to the non-reading Ridiculists along with an index card and a Sharpie for each. Each one would be asked to choose a word that appeared in the text - could be a common word, could be one that only showed up once - and write it down on their card but do not show me.

While they were doing this, I would attach one electrode to my Adam's apple, one electrode to the tip of my penis and one electrode to my anus.

I would then take back the text and instruct the other three Ridiculists to press the button on their device when they heard me read the word they had chosen. That would direct a painful but non-lethal electrical shock to the region of my body corresponding to their device.

At the end of the time, I would then attempt to guess their three words.

I built one of the devices and it worked but as I was reading about it I learned that, even in healthy people, repeated electrical shocks have the potential to induce heart irregularities and potential death. Not wanting to leave a corpse on the F Plus's hands, I abandoned the idea.

GIMMICK THREE: THE STRIPTEASE

I predicted catcalls for nudity would go over pretty well, so I wanted to take off my clothes during the reading only to reveal a flesh-colored jumpsuit underneath those clothes, then remove that jumpsuit to reveal a Slim Goodbody-esque (see video below) anatomical jumpsuit, and then remove that jumpsuit to unleash a cascade of chicken gizzards, cow tripe and other offal all over the stage. If I didn't care about the venue or the event organizers this would definitely be something I'd do, but it wasn't right for that night.

I kicked around a couple of other ideas, including using a ventriloquist's dummy to heckle myself and building a large Bread and Circuses-style puppet, but time drew short.

Anyways that's the long-delayed behind the scenes of my approach to F Plus Live.
kthorjensen, August 20, 2020, 10:43:54 am

this is amazing, and it makes me appreciate just how much work went into this whole thing.
...but i'm glad you went with the box of mysterious liquids.

no reason, just thought it was funny.

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
F Plus Live: January 18th, 2020 #313
As we take a day to give thanks, I thought about how thankful I am that whatever else happened in 2020, F Plus Live happened.  Kind of a lot went wrong since then, but there was one weekend this year where everything went very, very right.

It was a delight to read back through the post-show comments in this thread.  So much happiness to so many people. 

[yay][f+][yay]
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Achilles' Heelies Hux Puppy Time chai tea latte Salubrious Rex Lemon One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Antivehicular Diploskull RoeCocoa Adam Bozarth Dr. Buttplug Shell Game Hoffgod