Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:52:53 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: CTRL+V and post it  (Read 453638 times)

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
CTRL+V and post it #510
.......................,,-'´  .  .  .   _,,,,,';:-,...................
.....................,-(c\ \`;-=´,_,-~-, \`...............
..................,/ . . .¯'\, º ,/.'-~°,' .¯`'-,.............
................../ . . . . . .¯,_ ~--~',, . . .'\..........
.................| . . . . . . . . ¯¨¨¨(̅_̅_̅_̅((_̅_̲̅м̲̅a̲̅я̲̅i̲̅j̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅() ڪے
.................| . . . . . . . . . . , . . . .`'-, . . |..........
................/\ . . . . . . ."-,,,-'~-~' . . . '|..........
.............,/'`\,`'-, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /\..........
░█▀▄░█░█░█▀█░░█▀▀░▀█▀░█▀▀░█▀█░
░█░█░█░█░█▀▀█░▀▀█░░█░░█▀▀░█▀▀░
░▀▀░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░▀░░▀▀▀░▀░░░
Send this to 10 of your friends and win an iPod Touch!
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
CTRL+V and post it #511
Infantry

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
CTRL+V and post it #512
Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense.

Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large mustache. Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbors. The Dursleys had a small son called Dudley and in their opinion there was no finer boy anywhere. The Dursleys had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it. They didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Potters. Mrs. Potter was Mrs. Dursley's sister, but they hadn't met for several years; in fact, Mrs. Dursley pretended she didn't have a sister, because her sister and her good-for-nothing husband were as unDursleyish as it was possible to be. The Dursleys shuddered to think what the neighbors would say if the Potters arrived in the street. The Dursleys knew that the Potters had a small son, too, but they had never even seen him. This boy was another good reason for keeping the Potters away; they didn't want Dudley mixing with a child like that.

When Mr. and Mrs. Dursley woke up on the dull, gray Tuesday our story starts, there was nothing about the cloudy sky outside to suggest that strange and mysterious things would soon be happening all over the country. Mr. Dursley hummed as he picked out his most boring tie for work, and Mrs. Dursley gossiped away happily as she wrestled a screaming Dudley into his high chair.

None of them noticed a large, tawny owl flutter past the window.

At half past eight, Mr. Dursley picked up his briefcase, pecked Mrs. Dursley on the cheek, and tried to kiss Dudley good-bye but missed, because Dudley was now having a tantrum and throwing his cereal at the walls.

"Little tyke," chortled Mr. Dursley as he left the house. He got into his car and backed out of number four's drive.

It was on the corner of the street that he noticed the first sign of something peculiar -- a cat reading a map. For a second, Mr. Dursley didn't realize what he had seen -- then he jerked his head around to look again. There was a tabby cat standing on the corner of Privet Drive, but there wasn't a map in sight. What could he have been thinking of? It must have been a trick of the light. Mr. Dursley blinked and stared at the cat. It stared back. As Mr. Dursley drove around the corner and up the road, he watched the cat in his mirror. It was now reading the sign that said Privet Drive -- no, looking at the sign; cats couldn't read maps or signs. Mr. Dursley gave himself a little shake and put the cat out of his mind. As he drove toward town he thought of nothing except a large order of drills he was hoping to get that day.

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
CTRL+V and post it #513
Note that in F+ we can trivially specialize over material features of a given draw, but not at all over lights, and it's even best to make the various lighting paths very uniform (e.g. use the same filtering for shadows) to avoid dynamic branching issues.

In deferred shading, on the other hand, we can specialize over lights, over texture layer combiners (in the g-buffer pass) and over materials (albeit with worse culling than forward).

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
CTRL+V and post it #514
jorty

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
CTRL+V and post it #516
Over the years I’ve come to believe that, in much the same way pets and owners begin to resemble each other, NFL teams become a reflection on their home city. Some examples: The Dolphins and Miami, shoddy leadership, B-list celebrities, overarching chaos; the Chargers and San Diego, mildly entertaining but easy forgettable, etc…

Our local NFL entry is a group of professionals from all over the country, many of whom don’t mind being here but equally wouldn’t mind being somewhere else, nearly all of whom have no cultural bond or affinity for the area. The organization’s ‘tradition’ seems forced and is mostly used to paper over all of the awful things that happened in the past. More often than not the talent and ability to do something notable is there, but instead they prefer year after year to just half-ass it and try to do just enough to keep from losing their jobs.
chai tea latte

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
CTRL+V and post it #517
   H E L L B O X
positive stress

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
CTRL+V and post it #518
To exponentially and massively expand on your comment...
Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc are to gaming what Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica and Slayer are to Metal.
If someone says "I'm a metalhead" or "I listen to metal" and the first bands they name off are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica and Slayer... You've got a poser on your hands.
Like, look, if you were truly a metalhead you'd know that it's fucking pointless as fuck to say you like them----Liking them is a given. Tell me what ELSE you like. If I'm asking you who you listen to, I want to know if you listen to Doom? Power? Death? Black? Thrash? Prog? Folk? Psychadelic? NWOBHM? what?
Fuck, even my mother knows who bloody Maiden is. When you're telling me you like maiden you're not expressing an interest in Metal, you're telling me you like people knowing you like metal, by naming off the one band that bloody EVERYONE will recognize
not liking them on the other hand, is worthy of mentioning.... if the topic comes up. Bringing it up yourself is a bit of a faux pas
And in high school, every single time you'd see a girl with a non merch-band t-shirt on, it'd be some Iron maiden shirt they picked up at Hot Topic and they couldn't even fucking name the album cover used for the shirt even though 9 times out of 10 it was fucking Number of the Beast
It's the same thing with Mario, Zelda, etc
They're entry level and seminal.
They're some of the oldest, best selling, most well known games in existence, that have served as a template for nearly everything that has come after.
At this point they're more symbolic than anything.
So just like with Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, ETC----Even though you'd be a damned fool to say they're anything but among the most influential and well known metal acts in existence and have acted as templates for numerous bands to come in the last 4 decades since their inceptions and are still used as a measuring stick of quality for other bands to be compared to...
If those, (Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc) are the first games you bring up and feature prominently in your interests... 9 times out of 10 it means that you haven't played very many games and haven't really branched out into the hobby and explored more of it.
Like, yes, I know you like Mario, Zelda, etc... That's a given. But do you like Shooters(First or Third person)? MOBAs? RPGs? Adventures? Sims? Fighters? MMOs? 4X? Diablo-Likes? RTSs? Tower Defense? Visual Novels? Stealth? Beat-em-ups? Shoot-em-ups? Bullet Hells? Survival Horror? Throw me a bone and give me something interesting to talk to you about ffs
If I'm bloody asking you about your interest in metal or games, I'm looking to gauge your interest so I know if we share the same tastes, and maybe exchange names of games/bands that I might not have heard of or tried out, and I want to jump at the chance to share bands/games I love that maybe you don't know about
TL;DR Women flock to Zelda because it's the first thing most people will hear about, so it means that the "Gamer gurlz" will latch onto it for attention cred since everyone they speak to will know of it, while the true gamers will continue to hold a fondness for it due to its quality and nostalgia factor of being among the first games they were introduced to.
Edit: This kinda transformed a bit away from what it was originally intended... But the concept remains valid---Zelda is entry level, and fucking EVERYONE likes it, so naturally women would flock to it because it's the first ones they'd hear from their friends, or because it's simple enough that their older brother or uncle or boyfriend or whatever thought it would be a good starter game to introduce them to the hobby with, since it's high quality and easy to grasp with fantastical, romantic themes, or whatever.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
CTRL+V and post it #519
KEIJO MARU

Yavuz

• Paid

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
CTRL+V and post it #521
07:02:10 DELGRAD M.A.D. : No offence was taken on my part. I do not want to mix BUSINESS with pleasure. My businees is religion on youtube,. Mixing that with here could cause so big ptroblems as I do not holed conventionalviewws.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
CTRL+V and post it #523
SHAMBA~1.SBB

Yavuz

• Paid
CTRL+V and post it #524
When you start to lose your temper, remember: There’s nothing manly about rage. It’s courtesy and kindness that define a human being— and a man. That’s who possesses strength and nerves and guts, not the angry whiners.

Aurelius, Marcus (2012-08-06). The Modern Library Collection of Greek and Roman Philosophy 3-Book Bundle: Meditations; Selected Dialogues of Plato; The Basic Works of Aristotle (Kindle Locations 2439-2440). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.