Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:34:21 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: An Open Letter To Terra Snover  (Read 48603 times)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #15
I doubt it's as insidious as capitalizing on the Girl GM aspect. But hey, grognards be grognards.

My big issue personally is her choice of games. Really? Two Joss Whedon tabletop adaptations and a steampunk anime game? Have some dignity!
MicroMissles, February 05, 2014, 09:56:53 pm

What about Terra Snover convinced you she had extant dignity to begin with?

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #16
I don't normally endorse Onion articles as sources of advice, but Terra should probably read Find The Thing You're Most Passionate About, Then Do It On Nights And Weekends For The Rest Of Your Life.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #17
And here's Montrith, GMing a game for free like a sucker. Haha, Montrith, you sucker.

I'm making secret money by feeding you guys NWO propaganda.

advancedclass

• Paid
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #18
Some half-assed searching makes me fairly certain that Terra Snover is one and the same as Steele Midgear Snover, who, before the advent of Kickstarter, tried to get money via PayPal begging poorly drawn cash-grab fetish comics. The Bad Webcomics Wiki (which I usually find a mediocre source for train wrecks) has something on one of Snover's many failed attempts at making a webcomic. Because when you can't make money making a shitty low effort webcomic, it makes perfect sense to try and get money for making something that has a higher learning threshold after you've made a model of a stump.

Why is this something I remembered?

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #19
Well, thank you for reminding me that I'm eternally frustrated by the uneven quality of the bad webcomics wiki. It deserves to be a better wiki than it is- mostly because I know that I'm too fucking lazy to actively seek out the worst of the worst webcomics.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #20
Some half-assed searching makes me fairly certain that Terra Snover is one and the same as Steele Midgear Snover, who, before the advent of Kickstarter, tried to get money via PayPal begging poorly drawn cash-grab fetish comics. The Bad Webcomics Wiki (which I usually find a mediocre source for train wrecks) has something on one of Snover's many failed attempts at making a webcomic. Because when you can't make money making a shitty low effort webcomic, it makes perfect sense to try and get money for making something that has a higher learning threshold after you've made a model of a stump.

advancedclass, February 10, 2014, 03:03:37 pm
It can't be her, the art is way, way too good.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #21

advancedclass, February 10, 2014, 03:03:37 pm
It can't be her, the art is way, way too good.
THE TRUE JUICE, February 22, 2014, 08:46:59 pm
Maybe she had a stroke? Or hopefully was trying to pawn off someone else's art as her own.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #22
Cavatina, you guys.

Lemon, which character is your favorite? It's Mia the Mystic Hipster, I bet! She sounds like your kinda gal.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #23
I like the one that's the product of a brain that lacks creativity and watches too much anime.

JT

• Paid
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #24

God damn this hurts to look at.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #25
Cavatina, you guys.

Lemon, which character is your favorite? It's Mia the Mystic Hipster, I bet! She sounds like your kinda gal.
portaxx, April 07, 2014, 06:56:18 am

no, no, see, it 'mashes together' rhythm games and RPGs, much like your favourite mashups (I love how the video game soundtracks take the 'edge' off of those hardcore gangsta raps)! And the characters are inspired, ranging from 'homophobic male ballet dancer stereotype' to 'Terra Snover with a different name', as well as 'priest with drinking problem' (see, this one's never been done before so we're blazing new ground) and a gutter punk with immaculate eyeshadow who the game suggests should literally never interact with "law-abiding elements of society".

Also I tried to imagine what it would be like to play that combat system and gave up in disgust. sometimes innovation is a bad idea.

e: here's their studio head
Really_Quite_Nice
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:44:19 pm by kal-elk »

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #26

God damn this hurts to look at.
JT, April 07, 2014, 10:28:12 am

Guitar Hero mashed with Final Fantasy sounds like it is going to be an irritating exercise in mashing all the buttons and hoping for the best, but I think I like the Purple Skanderman the most.

You guys, Slenderman joined a band, and he wants to just take a break from murdering people in the woods who are trying to collect pieces of paper. He hopes he can get to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy one of these days, he thinks they're real killer.

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #27
This literally looks like something I would have draw up at thirteen years old.  With about the same levels of character design sense and social sensitivity.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #28
Why did she rip off Tetrarhythm: Final Fantasy?

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
An Open Letter To Terra Snover #29
Alvin the Ballerino: Despite his questionable taste in hobbies
Wow, rude.