Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:52 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Robots in hell contemplate the meaninglessness of their suffering  (Read 10587 times)

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
    LYKOURGOS
Hi, new here. About to walk out, but I wanted to see if any answers appeared when I ask; how do you think Hegel and Wittgenstein would reconcile between each other's systems? Hegel was a universalist who was anti solipsism and anti nominalist, from my limited readings, and Wittgenstein was a solipsist, according to Findlay (the translator of the Phenomenology of Spirit), who met with Wittgenstein.

I take Wittgenstein being a solipsist to mean that he does not attach metaphysical concepts to the world, he sees all attempts at attachment as language games. He could be interpreted as a fideist, in some sense, if he is spiritual, because if so, he is against rational attempts at containing god. Nonetheless, the reconciliation between these two thinkers is difficult for me, as they seem to directly contradict one another.

How would any of you reconcile this? AFK.

CYRIL
"new"

Haven't you been banned before?

LYKOURGOS
Maybe in a past life. I had a re-birth experience recently. I was able to uncover the memory of a childhood fall after I monster cockyzed my own memories via Plato's cave and Freud's id, simply by paying attention to subconscious memories as they arose through days of meditation.

I built a machine called the god's eyes machine that I used to watch colors and elaborate shapes which would appear behind my eye lids faintly. I have been hospitalized several times and need heavy accomodations in my college, but I no longer ascribe to nihilism.

My brain was so deeply ingrained in it due to my neuro-atypical aspect, that when I stopped believing in nihilism as an obsessive thought train, I could no longer move and began consuming about 4000 calories a day due to fight or flight mode, and perhaps rebuilding sensitive tissue which Plato, Plotinus, and The Bhagavad Gita tore into it.

My god is Shiva, the destruction of the corporeal illusion, and incorporeal form; the gateway to the beyond. I believe Shiva has granted me re-birth. Shiva is the Hericlician river which exists in the field, and Shiva took kindly to me because I believed only in the field and was detached as a solipsist from the knowledge of their unification.

Brahma is in us all, we see the world through god's eyes. That is my testament. I will be going now.
chai tea latte Seth "Slimy" Rollins Wrought FinchChunk Frank West GirlKisser420 Penultimatum Wyst Bodark
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 04:09:07 pm by Zekka »

FinchChunk

• Paid
I moderate a philosophy chat room
How do you tell who is trolling and who is just dumb?

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
FinchChunk, March 04, 2020, 03:46:35 pm
even the trolls are dumb, I think,
FinchChunk

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
FinchChunk, March 04, 2020, 03:46:35 pm

well, I certainly can't!
chai tea latte FinchChunk Bodark

Zekka

• Paid
    GORGOPHONE
the goal of life is to create a thing that always feels good, and wants to make more of itself, so as many best-possible-existences can exist as can be made.

DORUS
For whom is this thing supposed to feel good?

GORGOPHONE
the thing

DORUS
And not me?

GORGOPHONE
no

DORUS
And how do I create a sentient thing that can feel anything?

GORGOPHONE
you should value its goodness as much as your own. it's jsut as good for it to always feel good, as it would be for you to, if it started as a human like you are

DORUS
So like make a baby?

GORGOPHONE
no
Diploskull chai tea latte GirlKisser420 Achilles' Heelies Penultimatum Wrought Wyst Bodark

Zekka

• Paid
    TIMAEUS
Should humans continue to live?

PYRRHO
Yes

TIMAEUS
Pyrrho state your reason for human should continue to live

PYRRHO
No
chai tea latte Penultimatum Wrought Frank West Wyst Bodark auaurorau Lemon Yavuz

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
  • Intelligent Doggie Tracking System
This rules.

Zekka

• Paid
    MNEMNOSYNE
I would think Marijuana has mixed effects. Some people seem to have withdrawal symptoms when they quit. Others don't. Some get really high. Others don't know what they're supposed to be feeling. Some get hungry, others get nauseous. We need to open up medical testing on it. We are far too careful with human tests with Marijuana.

AGNETHA
I think, overall, the health effects will generally be somewhat negative. However, legalization may have other benefits, so legalization may still be worth it.

MNEMNOSYNE
I suspect that sucking in ash of any flavor probably isn't beneficial to human beings. It doesn't seem to be what it's designed for.

AGNETHA
To be fair, they are other way of consuming cannabis, such as edibles. (I've never used cannabis myself.)
Penultimatum chai tea latte Wrought Wyst Bodark

FinchChunk

• Paid
Is the pseudo-greek (or probably actual Greek for all I know) naming mandatory?

Zekka

• Paid
Is the pseudo-greek (or probably actual Greek for all I know) naming mandatory?
FinchChunk, March 04, 2020, 05:20:10 pm

I'm just doing this to anonymize the posts. Most of these users had ordinary names before I changed them, although quite a few took the names of actual philosophers. (For instance, Mnemosyne's original username was actually Aristotle.)
FinchChunk

Zekka

• Paid
    NYCTERIS
I don't think the word cat is a cat.

ASTERIA
It is.

NYCTERIS
I can't pet the word cat.

ASTERIA
Yes you can. Good cat. Good cat.
Wrought chai tea latte Penultimatum Achilles' Heelies Salubrious Rex Frank West Wyst auaurorau Lemon Yavuz

Zekka

• Paid
    THRASYMACHUS
Tibetan is renowned for its lack of having the same self-referents as other languages. Sanskrit is pretty interesting too. :)

HELEN
Tibetan has the first person, as well as a first-person singular pronoun translatable as "I." "Nga" is "I" in Tibetan.

THRASYMACHUS
Do you know what a Kullback-Leiber divergence is, Helen?

HELEN
No.

THRASYMACHUS
Ah well it's essentially a probabilistic prediction of semantical values upon reconstruction/translation to approximate the loss of semantical value in our translation vectors from one language to another.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Is this The Talos Principle
GirlKisser420 Zekka chai tea latte Penultimatum Frank West Cirr xX_sp00ks_Xx Mr. Hunky Academia Yavuz Wrought

Zekka

• Paid
    NOMIKI
Hello where can I find a place to solve my moral issues to write physics papers?

ATHENA
Why do you have moral issues involved in writing physics papers?

NOMIKI
It stops me

ATHENA
What moral issues stay you writing a physics paper?

NOMIKI
Issues related to quantum mechanics and morals.

ATHENA
You should expound a little.

NOMIKI
Well here is the problem I was going on with writing my papers and then I asked myself a question about God and then it stopped me from writing my paper.

ATHENA
Say more.

NOMIKI
OK, one sec. I am trying to see what my cat looks like in my profile picture.
chai tea latte Penultimatum Frank West Wyst Bodark Yavuz Wrought Phantom Creep

Zekka

• Paid
    NOMIKI
HI

APOLLO
hi

NOMIKI
CAN YOU GIVE ME HE GOD

APOLLO
it's past your bedtime

NOMIKI
I CANT WRITE

APOLLO
we know
chai tea latte Diploskull Penultimatum Salubrious Rex a real human Wyst xX_sp00ks_Xx Bodark Lemon Yavuz Wrought