Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:11 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

What are your feelings on today's beautiful display of semi-controlled violence?

I already youtubed the commercials.  I'll be playing Wedge Wars instead.
3 (10.7%)
Which one is the football?  Is that the guy in the zebra outfit?
5 (17.9%)
I hope Baltimore wins it for that angry dancing murderer guy.
2 (7.1%)
I hope SF wins it for their angry coach that will certainly murder soon enough.
1 (3.6%)
Just drinking and wishing that beautiful Bunnybread was here with me ... to uhhh ... talk sports.
6 (21.4%)
Why is it even called 'Football' when the feet rarely ev- OH GOD STOP HITTING ME!
11 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: February 05, 2013, 02:07:21 pm

Topic: So How About That Superbowl?!?!  (Read 37080 times)

Bunnybread

• You're welcome, genitals of the world.
  • Ridiculist
Re: So How About That Superbowl?!?!
ADDITIONAL ADDITIONAL SUB-POLL TIME.

Thoughts on the power outage:

1)Oh shit, is Bane in the building? (Nerds, I know my audience and I hope you appreciate the effort)
2)Is the blackout in honor of black history month?  I don't understand American holidays.
3)Wow, still feeling the effects of Katrina, huh?
4)Fuckit, let's just get to 'Elementary' and canonize Ray Lewis, already.
5)I don't think the Superdome was ready for that jelly.
6)Betcha there's not a blackout at the Puppybowl.

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Fuckin' vote or I'm gonna slap that D&D manual out of your hands in front of that girl you like.
bunnybread, February 03, 2013, 02:07:21 pm

Funny you should say that. My D&D game was today. My halfling rogue went up a level, and killed a manticore!

I didn't pay attention to Superbowl because the Packers weren't in it this year.

Bunnybread

• Ridiculist

Funny you should say that. My D&D game was today. My halfling rogue went up a level, and killed a manticore!

I didn't pay attention to Superbowl because the Packers weren't in it this year.
NutshellGulag, February 03, 2013, 08:09:25 pm

First, you should be a Seahawks fan, woman!

Second, the Packers are actually a good organization and I will openly say that as a Bears fan!

Third, who thinks that they smuggled in the real 49ers team during the power outage?

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
My halfling rogue went up a level, and killed a manticore!NutshellGulag, February 03, 2013, 08:09:25 pm

Is that difficult for a halfling rogue to do?

(this thread is now about D&D btw)

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
This is the thing with the dogs, right?  I was too busy being a Bird Bard to watch.  Also too busy not liking televised sports, because sports are only fun if you are in the pep band.

Notm

• Paid
  • Let's think about that
I always called it grid iron to differentiate it with football which over here translates to soccer.

What's funny though is that reading tweets about the superbowl doesn't actually tell me who is winning, just shows what's going on in the halftime show.

Anyone remember the Black Eyed Peas? No? Ok.

Bunnybread

• Ridiculist
I always called it grid iron to differentiate it with football which over here translates to soccer.

What's funny though is that reading tweets about the superbowl doesn't actually tell me who is winning, just shows what's going on in the halftime show.

Anyone remember the Black Eyed Peas? No? Ok.
Notm, February 03, 2013, 09:45:40 pm
So is AFL just referred to as Aussie Rules, then?

And regarding the tweetery, yeah, I just had a gal ask me "did Beyonce win?" when I said the game had ended.

Notm

• Paid
  • Let's think about that
Yeah, it's also Aussie Rules.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Randy Moss didn't get a ring. Thus, I am happy.

BTW, Aussie Rules is fricking amazing. I try to watch it whenever I can. It's the perfect combination of violence, nonsense, and muscular thighs in short shorts.

Bunnybread

• Ridiculist
Dacey Mormont, February 03, 2013, 10:24:05 pm

Yeah, it was kind of tough to decide on which team to hate more.  You got "greatest in his own mind" Randy Moss on one side and Ray "The Lord Is Clearly On My Side" Lewis on the other.  I already disliked the furious, spitting Tasmanian devil known as Jim Harbaugh and Chris "gays gotta get up outta here" Culliver was the deciding factor so it was a mild pro-Baltimore stance from me.  Good game, though.  I'm always happy with a Superbowl that isn't a blow out. 

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt

Yeah, it was kind of tough to decide on which team to hate more.  You got "greatest in his own mind" Randy Moss on one side and Ray "The Lord Is Clearly On My Side" Lewis on the other.  I already disliked the furious, spitting Tasmanian devil known as Jim Harbaugh and Chris "gays gotta get up outta here" Culliver was the deciding factor so it was a mild pro-Baltimore stance from me.  Good game, though.  I'm always happy with a Superbowl that isn't a blow out.
bunnybread, February 03, 2013, 11:52:56 pm
I'm a Vikings fan, so my Moss grudge will always win out over my distaste for egotastic, Jesus-baiting, deer horn imbibing, (alleged) murderers. Yes, that's right. Embarrassing my team is worse than (alleged) murder. SPORTS!

Bunnybread

• Ridiculist

I'm a Vikings fan, so my Moss grudge will always win out over my distaste for egotastic, Jesus-baiting, deer horn imbibing, (alleged) murderers. Yes, that's right. Embarrassing my team is worse than (alleged) murder. SPORTS!
Dacey Mormont, February 04, 2013, 08:55:30 pm
Well, the send off was good for Ray Lewis and I'm happy that he can devote himself to murder full time, now that football isn't there to get in the way. 
Actually, odds are that Randy Moss will retire after this, too.  He hasn't exactly been one to persevere through tough times.  Then again, he still thinks that he's the fucking greatest wideout ever and might just believe in his own immortality. 

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Wow.  That was an awesome game!  My imaginary money was on the 49ers (I heard they were previously undefeated in the Superbowl) but the boys in purple held em off and gave their own Harbaugh a much-deserved win.  The defense looked like they were struggling against Kaepernick and his runningback duo but, really, who hasn't struggled against them? On the other hand, Joe Flacco now joins Joe Namath and Joe Montana as the latest "Joe Cool" who led his team to Disney World.  Flacco was pretty much pure perfection and justifies my crush on him (although it only started because of his resemblance to Ernie's sexy cool roommate Bert). I really think of football as a turn-based strategy game since they all set up and get in position and then the QB yells 'Hike' and you watch the move play out.  The Superbowl was really just Final Fantasy Tactics played with less Wizards and Priests and more Knights. 

Which now that I think about it, some team needs to adopt the Chocobo as its mascot.
chai tea latte

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
What the hell just happened?

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
What the hell just happened?
Boots Raingear, February 05, 2013, 02:06:12 pm

I think Portaxx was kidnapped and her captors are trying to cover it up.