Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:53:38 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: How did you find the F+?  (Read 89824 times)

Dappercat

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #45
I actually met Acierocolotl some time ago in Global Agenda. I think around that time, there might've been somewhere around twenty episodes. I ended up in his clan dealie. He mentioned a podcast he was doing a few times, and at that point, I wasn't familiar with podcasts in any fashion.

I am now familiar with podcasts.

It's been all downhill since.

I know what you're thinking. "What happened to Global Agenda, Dappercat?" Well, turns out it was just a shitty, imbalanced,  dead end game.

And everyone lived happily ever after.

Goddammit.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
How did you find the F+? #46
We moved on to Planetside 2... sort of. I've been playing, but it's been months since I've played with any F+ type folk.

Dappercat

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #47
I really anticipated I'd put a lot of time into Planetside 2, but I think the rigmarole of trying to sync up factions and servers kind of burned me out before open beta ended.

I can see myself playing in the future, when there's more content, though.

gee golly gosh

• Paid
  • Poisonously Pink.
How did you find the F+? #48
My friend had been talking for ... years? ... about this amazing podcast that read terrible internet things with enthusiasm, and once they read her twitter and I just didn't see the appeal. I meet terrible internet people everyday! Why do I want more of them? (Also, I had my BBC breakfast show and that was a pretty huge listening commitment. And then my DJ left and all was sadness and woe.)

Then friend was driving me and a mutual friend somewhere, and she played the Johnny Tsunami episode for the mutual friend. At first I was confused. Then bemused. Then suddenly I was going through the archives. When I texted her to say 'I am completely covered with clingfilm!!!1!!' I think we both I was a lost cause.

Incidentally, this is the second podcast she's introduced me two! First was Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. 

Delcat

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #49
Wait, like the NPR kind-of-game-show?  I used to listen to that with my mom in the car, I loved it.  It's in podcast form?

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
How did you find the F+? #50
They release the recording of the radio show online every week. I cant remember if its on Itunes or not. Most NPR programs have podcasts now.

Delcat

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #51
Sweet, thank you!

gee golly gosh

• Paid
  • Poisonously Pink.
How did you find the F+? #52
Sweet, thank you!
Delcat, June 18, 2013, 08:57:59 pm

Yossarian is right, it's on iTunes! The new episode comes out every Sunday, but that may be Saturday in your timezone. Maybe. I forget.

zugunruhe

• Pansexual starfish
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #53
Wow, it's crazy to me to see how many people found this podcast through watchful-entity. Bringing families together.

zmonbobbo

• Paid
  • Yo.
How did you find the F+? #54
I discovered The F Plus through an interview on Retsupurae's charity stream.  One of the ridiculist got a call from Diabetus and I checked it out from there.  My first episode was the monkey mothers ep, and I've been hooked ever since.

As a side note, which of you was that?  I tried to find it in the archives the other day but couldn't, and I can't really remember the voice...

zugunruhe

• Pansexual starfish
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #55
I found the F+ from watchful-entity as well! My first episode was Just the 160,000 of Us (goddammit, Xander!)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
How did you find the F+? #56
I discovered The F Plus through an interview on Retsupurae's charity stream.  One of the ridiculist got a call from Diabetus and I checked it out from there.  My first episode was the monkey mothers ep, and I've been hooked ever since.

As a side note, which of you was that?  I tried to find it in the archives the other day but couldn't, and I can't really remember the voice...
zmonbobbo, July 22, 2013, 01:50:43 am

Oh, really? I didn't know we got mentioned! Can you recall the broadcast? I'd like to see if I can find it.

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #57
I've been hovering around POE and its related offshoots for over a decade now. It's POE, POE-News (and later POEtv in the extremely short time it wasn't filled with racists and anime pederasts) that gave me an interest for found material and weird-ass societal subcultures.

zmonbobbo

• Paid
  • Yo.
How did you find the F+? #58

zmonbobbo, July 22, 2013, 01:50:43 am

Oh, really? I didn't know we got mentioned! Can you recall the broadcast? I'd like to see if I can find it.
Isfahan, August 12, 2013, 11:15:04 am

Ha, sorry for the month-late reply.  It was on the charity stream for the Boston Marathon victims (where Slowbeef played Dead to Rights something or other and Diabetus Skyped with donors).  I watched the parts of the stream that they uploaded and it wasn't there.  I'm pretty sure whoever was Skyped in was involved with the podcast in some way, but like I said, I can't really remember who it was.

Anyway, I'm thankful for whoever mentioned you guys, because now I've listened to each episode at least once.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:09:05 am by zmonbobbo »

Duster

How did you find the F+? #59
It was the Chicken Smoothie episode. Someone put up a thread to discuss the episode (the thread because it was asked for) and I liked the description of the podcast. I've been doing readings of bad fanfiction for years so the idea of other people reading bad things on the internet in silly voices is a good selling point. Especially Chicken Smoothie roleplays since even though I'm super active on that site, I avoid the roleplay section like it's on fire because it's just so awful.

Listened the episode, laughed way too hard. Listened to the Godspouse episode, laughed way too hard at that too. I'm slowly working through all the episodes but the multiples and godspouses are still my faves.