Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:08:45 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 212: History of the Dozerfleet Part 2  (Read 43519 times)

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
I'd actually never heard "Last Resort" prior to this episode, and now I can never unhear it as sung by Lemon.

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
  • Intelligent Doggie Tracking System
This episode is pure joy.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Jackal Slapnasty is the name of a yiffy fursona from the Pounced episode.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
I could stare at Portaxx's cover art for this episode for hours. It's amazing.
Lemon Yavuz Achilles' Heelies A Meat chai tea latte Corn Syrup John Toast Bodark Digital Walnut Chupasaurus-Rex Really_Quite_Nice Nifty Nif Down10 AssholeWizard GodOfCheevos

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
How can you fuck up trapezoids that badly?

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
From the wiki article for Trapezoid Kids:

The very first sketch of the Trapezoid Kids was not done originally as trapezoids, but squares. A total of 48 images were created for the ARTS 102 assignment, but not all of them looked like the one above. The above is an example of the "shaky" feeling or "tension."

Oh, really, you didn't submit the same image 48 times? However would we have known this if not for your careful elucidation oh master of the arts!

Initial concept
The second assignment of ARTS 102: Design and Communication Class at Lansing Community College for the Spring Semester 2003 Computer Animation program consisted of taking four black squares and arranging them on a canvas in such as way as to convey some abstract concept or another.

Tweaking the Trapezoids to life
The next step, upon gaining permission, was to distort just enough but not too much. After that assignment, the idea of the Trapezoids was so appealing, that they found their way into almost every single assignment. The few that didn't featured Grillitan Diner paraphernalia instead.

Can you imagine being this guy's teacher? There's no telling what inane piece of stupidity he'll become obsessed with and base all of his assignments around for years to come!

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
On the bright side, this guy's classmates must have some AMAZING stories to tell.

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
I was not emotionally or physically prepared for the songs  My coworker just asked me if i'm okay. I'm not okay. I will never be okay again.
Bodark Sherman Tank Really_Quite_Nice Nifty Nif Ashto
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:49:42 pm by LINDA »

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
Lemon (assuming you do most of the editing and adding songs), you have such stellar music taste.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Lemon AssholeWizard Shigan
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:11:25 pm by Vinny Possum »

John Toast

• The original Fat Voiceâ„¢
  • Ridiculist
  • Cover me in syrup. I'm delicious.
Man, new Dozerfleet AND The Faint AND  that amazing album art? Is it my birthday? I think it's my birthday.

I am endlessly fascinated by these subjects, where people make up the ephemera of popularity as a kind of mastubatory real-life fanfic in the form of wikis and trivia repositories. It's a real testament to the rise of niche nerd culture when people can ape it so well and make up their own fan works so accurately.  And Dozerfleet is definitely the king of those people.
Chupasaurus-Rex sophrocynic

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
It's actually my birthday, and this is a great gift. Should I send a thank-you card?
Really_Quite_Nice

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
  • Intelligent Doggie Tracking System
Where do I donate for an animation of that bison? Is there a limit to how much I can donate?

Ras Shame-ra

• Paid
Man, new Dozerfleet AND The Faint AND  that amazing album art? Is it my birthday? I think it's my birthday.

I am endlessly fascinated by these subjects, where people make up the ephemera of popularity as a kind of mastubatory real-life fanfic in the form of wikis and trivia repositories. It's a real testament to the rise of niche nerd culture when people can ape it so well and make up their own fan works so accurately.  And Dozerfleet is definitely the king of those people.
John Toast, May 23, 2016, 05:48:12 pm

I share your fascination. I feel like this is commonplace Internet 90s nostalgia, perfectly expressed, but experienced by someone who only had pens and rubber bands for toys and who was only allowed to watch Christian tv for a half hour a week. With different parents he would've been Ernest Cline.
Sherman Tank Dawnswalker

McMillan and Waifu

• Paid
  • ruining the black metal scene worldwide
Hurray for more Dozerfleet, aka The F Plus: There But For The Grace of God Go I Edition

Dozerfleet Founder doesn't like the gays, the Obama, the trans people, and is anti abortion and anti vaccination.

Also, this:

He is like an engineered Republican robot.
Curious Robot, May 23, 2016, 08:07:23 am

Maybe I'm pulling this out of my ass, but I thought the three umbrellas stacked on top of each other represented the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. Like you get in Christianity.
chai tea latte Sherman Tank

JackalSlapNasty

• Paid
I LIVE! You're welcome Portaxx!
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Sherman Tank Yavuz McMillan and Waifu Lemon Captain Nobeard John Toast Digital Walnut Ras Shame-ra Positronic Nifty Nif CormansInferno babudarabu Ashto Down10 Promiscus