Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:50 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Good grief, it's a topic  (Read 11413 times)

Notm

• Paid
  • Let's think about that
Good grief, it's a topic
You ever wondered what Notm stands for?

Back in 2009, I was a part of thespeedgamers chat and I had sent a message to their founder Britt regarding my support for
the good work they were doing. Britt read out the comment of support, however the message had been mistakenly sent under
my mother's real name. My mum's name was butchered to hell, nowhere near it's original pronunciation which amused me greatly.

It was then in the old UStream chats that I came up with a name that was both simple to remember and funny to me.
Notm is literally Not M, meaning I am not my mother. Over time, the name has become longer since moving to twitch requires more
characters. Notm became Notreallym and on my tumblr (yes I know, I have a tumblr) it became even longer with Notalwaysbutsometimesm.

Fun stuff, really.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Re: Good grief, it's a topic
I always assumed it was "Not Me", as in either a sign of a profound identity crisis or an invitation to a thoughtful debate on the nature of being.

Notm

• Paid
  • Let's think about that
I believe Rene Descartes would also have the same internet username were he alive today, sure.

People that I connect with on skype also like the pronounciation as No TM, being a reference to a pokemon playthrough I had where I was stuck with no TM's to use at the end of Ruby. Pick whichever one you like, I don't really mind.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
I always assumed it was "Not Me", as in either a sign of a profound identity crisis or an invitation to a thoughtful debate on the nature of being.
montrith, February 02, 2013, 11:52:19 pm
Or a reference to the character in the Family Circus comic strip.

Tophat

• Paid and occasionally Laid
  • Paid
  • I like my women like I like my milk: Full fat.
Hehehe. I also hail from Thespeedgamers origin. Every time I commented Chase would always pronounce my name as you would say 'Toe Fat' rather than simply 'Top Hat' which was what I was going for.