Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:20:44 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: So, Ballpit, what did we learn today?  (Read 43999 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #60
Dominica is slightly larger than Singapore by area, but Singapore has 81 times as many people
Salubrious Rex

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #61
Learned about the Shope Papilloma Virus, a disease that turns rabbits into cryptids (specifically a jackalope or wolpertinger, al-mi'raj or any other form of horned hare)
Great Joe Salubrious Rex chai tea latte Cradicus RoeCocoa Dr. Buttplug

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #62
Jackfruit are freakin' massive, in fact it's the largest fruit grown from a tree. It's also banned in a lot of places because it can dangerously lower blood sugar levels. It can have a meat-like texture and is often used as a vegetarian substitute for meat.

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #63
the smell of jackfruit is so sickening that i skipped a train journey once rather than attend the wedding
chai tea latte, July 24, 2021, 02:29:58 am
From what I've read it has a strong sweet smell. Is it just that overpowering?

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #64
the smell of jackfruit is so sickening that i skipped a train journey once rather than attend the wedding
Salubrious Rex, July 24, 2021, 03:58:32 am
you can not even comprehend the degree to which it is.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #65
Salubrious Rex, July 24, 2021, 03:58:32 am
you can not even comprehend the degree to which it is.
chai tea latte, July 24, 2021, 01:00:10 pm

If you were to give it a number, the given base unit being a new age shop's incense section

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #66
Jackfruit are freakin' massive, in fact it's the largest fruit grown from a tree. It's also banned in a lot of places because it can dangerously lower blood sugar levels. It can have a meat-like texture and is often used as a vegetarian substitute for meat.
Salubrious Rex, July 24, 2021, 12:54:02 am
Can you elaborate on the blood sugar levels thing? My wife has been eating a lot of vegan food due to going on a no milk diet while breastfeeding and she loves this jackfruit burger at a local cafe. I'm a type 1 diabetic and I'd be worried about eating something that could mess with my bsl like that but information is vague online.

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #67
Can you elaborate on the blood sugar levels thing? My wife has been eating a lot of vegan food due to going on a no milk diet while breastfeeding and she loves this jackfruit burger at a local cafe. I'm a type 1 diabetic and I'd be worried about eating something that could mess with my bsl like that but information is vague online.
Blandest, July 26, 2021, 03:21:07 pm

I can't I'm afraid, everything I learned about it was from searching on the internet after our DM introduced Jackfruit in our D&D game so I've probably read more or less the same stuff as you have.

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #68
Simona Halep is a Romanian of Aromanian descent, and while Romania doesn't recognize Aromanian as a distinct ethnic minority, their language is to Romanian what Sicilian is to Italian, so people don't entirely agree on whether it's a dialect of Romanian or it's a separate but closely related language

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #69
It's not entirely clear why wine gums are called that, possibly it was just marketing to make people think they're fancy, another theory says that it's because you're supposed to savor them like wine. The legend about them goes that the guy who invented them was almost kicked out by his dad who was a strict Methodist teetotaler for selling a product that contained alcohol, which wine gums don't have
xX_sp00ks_Xx jim and the mammograms chai tea latte

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #70
I learned the the fish called bogue has the scientific name of Boops boops (given to it by Linnaeus), which is sadly supposed to be pronounced bow-ops, it's it's supposedly boōps from greek or something, and means cow eye. Not gonna stop me from thinking about it as the plural of boop

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #71
Ford's theater (where Abraham Lincoln got assassinated) is not only still in operation (mostly as a museum of course) but has Lincoln's head as it's logo
Great Joe

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #72
You can absolutely destroy concrete with just water and a kitchen brush.
Penultimatum chai tea latte xX_sp00ks_Xx

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #73
Blandest, July 26, 2021, 03:21:07 pm

I can't I'm afraid, everything I learned about it was from searching on the internet after our DM introduced Jackfruit in our D&D game so I've probably read more or less the same stuff as you have.
Salubrious Rex, July 26, 2021, 10:41:13 pm
Could be a case of mistaken identity? Durians look a lot like Jackfruits but unlike (ripe but not spoiled) Jackfruits they are most well known for smelling like rotting corpses.

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #74
literally just learned that Motorhead and Lemmy are from Britain