Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:58 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The F Plus conquers ancient China!  (Read 21738 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #30
I say we attempt to take control of Jianan, while forging some sort of mutual defense pact with our ally Sun Ce against Shi Xie, hopefully giving us time to establish a strong presence in all of south-eastern China. Ideally we'd then focus on economic development.

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #31
cozy up to our richest ally

assist their endeavors in earnest now

start to become a fixture in everyone's lives

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #32
I say we attempt to take control of Jianan, while forging some sort of mutual defense pact with our ally Sun Ce against Shi Xie, hopefully giving us time to establish a strong presence in all of south-eastern China. Ideally we'd then focus on economic development.
A Meat, January 16, 2022, 02:52:08 pm

Mutual defense pacts aren’t an option in this game: everyone is at war with everyone else unless they have an alliance, which functions as a non-aggression pact. So if we went to war with Shi Xie, we couldn’t guarantee assistance from Sun Ce.

That said, once we get rich enough, we can pay off the Shanyue to attack their neighbors, so we could defer dealing with Liu Biao until we can afford to buy some Shanyue assistance.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #33
I would say cross the river and hit Liu Biao with our superior numbers then consider taking Jianan. Once we've shown some strength Shi Xie might be more apt to let us have it.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #34
I think economic development and fortifications are the way to go here. Shore up our gains, do a bit of self care, make sure our people are happy, bank up some resources to make the next steps a little more secure.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #35
We strike westwards, south of the river. Chaisang is relatively hard for Li to reinforce, and their garrisons are pitiful. But let's not overextend; we take Chaisang but don't cross the river. We don't anything to do with the wars going on in Northern China just yet, possibly not until they tire themselves out.

We could take Lujiang for the same reasons, but I'd rather put a river between our westward expansion and the chaos to the north. If taking Lujiang and Chaisang in a delayed pincer movement is possible, that might produce the best ratio of acquired territory : military losses.

Shell Game

• Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #36
this all sounds particularly active

passive is the way to be so don't do anything to tarnish our reputation longterm. my goal here is for the time to come when everyone will look at a choice between their best interests and ours, and opt for ours.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #37
We strike westwards, south of the river. Chaisang is relatively hard for Li to reinforce, and their garrisons are pitiful. But let's not overextend; we take Chaisang but don't cross the river. We don't anything to do with the wars going on in Northern China just yet, possibly not until they tire themselves out.
chai tea latte, January 17, 2022, 02:02:05 pm

I should note that there’s a narrow tributary of the Yangtze between us and Chaisang, but it wouldn’t be as much of a challenge to cross as the Yangtze itself. We’d have to start by capturing the port they hold on our side of the tributary, but from there, it’s smooth sailing and open plains, and it would be a challenge for Liu Biao to reinforce.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #38
As a plurality of you voted in favor of domestic improvements, that’s just what we’ve done over the past year. This mainly means that we’re spending money on enhancing agriculture, commerce, and barracks. It’s starting to pay dividends: under the wise leadership of Sauce, Jianye is now a medium-size city. This is good for both commerce and military size.

We’ve also spent some time building fortifications along the river at likely landing sites. There are now a series of pit traps and arrow towers just east and south of Jianye, and a supply camp near Port Poyang, where any army from Chaisang would likely try to cross the river.

But wait! It doesn’t look like Liu Biao is in any position to defend Port Poyang, so Princess Diana Memorial Ballpit Poster slides into town with his army. This means we now have a clear supply line across the tributary leading to Chaisang.

What else can you do when you’re focusing on domestics? Well, you can forge an alliance with Shi Xie, which we’ve done. He hasn’t made any moves towards Jianan yet, so we could take the city without opposition.

You can also try and recruit more officers and train the existing force with new tactics. This is a good idea even if the officers are people who would never go into combat, because every time an officer learns a new tactic, the ruler gets XP, and XP can be spent to expand the advisory council.

I’ve added A Meat to the council to help with domestic advancements, and Dong Xi is helping Princess Diana Memorial Ballpit Poster develop naval technology. We now have assault ships instead of regular ships, which will be helpful if someone tries to fight us on the water.

By October of 194, our cities are profitable and we have a comfortable troop advantage over everyone in the country.

Elsewhere in China, Yuan Shao remains the guy to beat, as he now controls one Large city, two Mediums, and two Smalls. He and Yuan Shu are putting the squeeze on Cao Cao. Tao Qian is also on the move with a few well-defended cities: however, he’s 63 years old and was recently wounded in battle.

Our alliances with Sun Ce and Zhang Chao are set to expire this year, though we can renew them if we don’t feel like fighting them. (Sun Ce is west of us and in red on the map, Zhang Chao is north and in purple.)

We’d face no opposition if we moved against Jianan. The city is small and the terrain around it is mountainous, so it would take some time for the city to become profitable.

It would be a long march to get to Chaisang, consuming a lot of supplies along the way, but we’d likely overpower the city once we got there. Liu Biao has 25,000 men waiting on Jiangling to the west, but it would take them some time to arrive in Chaisang and reinforce the city.

Lujiang is poorly defended, awkwardly positioned for reinforcement and just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Jianye. However, Tao Qian has 30,000 men at Shouchun to the north and we don’t have an alliance with him yet: he could see an opportunity and strike.

Any more questions? What should we do next?

Shell Game

• Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #39
renew the alliance with sun ce, appeal to the vulnerable position tao qian and show support. see if you can't woo a few of zhang chao's people and if not offer joint support in tao qian conquering that li'l place. split the land, we'll take the smaller parcel. meanwhile get chummy with his officers and/or successor.

during this engagement, take Jianan

Dr. Buttplug

• Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #40
I would say we would only take Jianan if to deny a potential worthy advisory a stronghold. If someone moves to take it and has the resources to become a thorn in our side, I'd say move to take it before they do. I don't see anyone else moving to do so or a reward worth of the cost/risk.

Also how much would we have to gain from taking Chaisang as compared to Lujiang? If Lujiang is a more profitable location, it might be worth the risk.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #41
Tao Qian be damned, I think we should take Lujiang. We should renew our alliance with Sun Ce to the west; I think we're both going places, and it could hold steady, at least for this second year.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #42
Also how much would we have to gain from taking Chaisang as compared to Lujiang? If Lujiang is a more profitable location, it might be worth the risk.
Dr. Buttplug, January 24, 2022, 01:06:23 pm

Lujiang
Small city with minimal development. Four villages in its hinterland that will contribute to development. Two officers leading the garrison, led by Cai Xun. Taking its Port Wankou would give us a secure supply line across the Yangtze.

Chaisang
Also small, with a little more development (Commerce Level 2). Six hinterland villages. Three officers, with the capable Wei Yan leading the defense.

In short, Chaisang has greater economic potential.

Dr. Buttplug

• Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #43
Securing more of the Yangtze may be hugely beneficial depending on the mechanics of the game. If that is the case I would defer to Chai on this. If not  I would recommend taking Chaisang then Luijiang once we've gained what we cam from Chaisang.

chai tea latte

• Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #44
A question about the Yangtze.

Could you briefly discuss how forces cross a river? Is it risky? Is controlling more of the river actually good for us, or does it simply open us up to even worse and worse, increasingly dangerous and risky, opportunities for our enemy's crossings?