Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:10 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata  (Read 3298 times)

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata
Secret Gaygent 69 thelizzerd

Skeeps

• Paid
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #1
Wow cool rock people!
Shell Game

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #2
Genuinely love that you keep getting huge nerds to blather on about their fave thing and just cut to the end.
chai tea latte

Lumbermouth

• Paid
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #3
The best part of this episode was Julia's complete bafflement over the concept of freeform roleplay.
Shell Game chai tea latte 1234GO! Dr. Buttplug Antivehicular thelizzerd

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #4
The best part of this episode was Julia's complete bafflement over the concept of freeform roleplay.
Lumbermouth, May 23, 2022, 09:11:58 am
Yeah, this broke me up, because this shit is absolutely archetypal freeform roleplay. I spent far too much of my youth playing games that were largely indistinguishable from this, including the "write up an application and the moderators will yell at you if it seems too powerful" thing, and definitely the guys who made totally antisocial characters and then just sort of... wrote at each other without ever interacting? Olivine and Morion just kinda posting without ever having a character interaction brought back a lot of memories, I'm just saying. It is honestly sort of reassuring to me that kids are still doing this dumb shit.

(Also, SPOILER WARNING: twentysomething women making twentysomething gay dudes to have gay sex are definitely not just having them rubbing up against each other and kiss. Maybe The Kids These Days are chaster, but the people I knew back in the day were, let's say, extremely detailed.)
chai tea latte

Shell Game

• Paid
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #5
I'm familiar with their details. They may as well just write "and then they rubbed up against each other and kiss" for as familiar they are with what two men do together. It's the female ga[y]z(e?).

Also it is the Steven Universe fandom. They're very... Soft.

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #6
Sure, that's fair. I'm not saying they're remotely accurate, either in terms of real-world behavior or even in terms of anatomical plausibility, because those are definitely not the case. Just... often there are very elaborate ideas, is all.

Also, I am 100% calling Morion as a "teenage boy trying to make a coolguy" character, not "girl/woman trying to make a sexyguy" character. (Serendibite could be either.) Both of them have a really bad case of "I need to load my coolguy/sexyguy down with ~flaws~ to make sure the mods let me play the character, and they should somehow all be flaws that make it impossible for the character to functionally interact" syndrome, though.

Shell Game

• Paid
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #7
Morion is def a guy. I was mostly making a joke.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 11:59:50 pm by Shell Game »

thelizzerd

• Paid
  • Make documents, not sense.
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #8
Forum roleplay definitely isn't as good as d&d as someone who has done both. Additionally, I'd rather be a DM than a forum moderator as someone who has done both.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 12:03:19 am by thelizzerd »

PaulLovesToLaugh

• Paid
Episode 152 - Gemsona Non Grata #9
Also it is the Steven Universe fandom. They're very... Soft.
Shell Game, May 30, 2022, 02:51:37 pm

You'd think they'd be hard as diamonds but they're softer than talc; less asbestos filled too!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 03:04:08 am by PaulLovesToLaugh »