Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:16:33 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope  (Read 22502 times)

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #30
If anyone cares what those actually sound like... WEED!
Cat Planet, January 24, 2015, 03:48:06 pm

I was trying to figure out what this noise reminded me of, and I just remembered that it sounds a lot like the beginning of Metronome Arthritis by the band At The Drive-In.

So basically, this is a lot like Omar Rodriguez-Lopez fucking around with an effect pedal for an hour.
STOG, January 24, 2015, 06:25:19 pm
I look forward to the inevitable split into idoser The Mars Volta and idoser Sparta
AgentCoop, January 25, 2015, 08:13:39 am

came to support the podcast, stayed for the mars volta references

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #31
My favourite part was the guy who said i-doser fucked up his brain so he went to get acupuncture to fix it. The best way to fix a bad placebo is with another placebo!

Also I think the file for Jenkem is just this:

Sion

• Paid
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #32

I never realized that a 'dose' was 45 minutes long, holy shit.

I didn't realize it would've been something both literally and figuratively static.

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #33
My favourite part was the guy who said i-doser fucked up his brain so he went to get acupuncture to fix it. The best way to fix a bad placebo is with another placebo!
KingKalamari, January 28, 2015, 08:45:24 pm

I hope he got the acupuncture in his brain. Straight to the root of the problem! Fix the brain!

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #34

I was trying to figure out what this noise reminded me of, and I just remembered that it sounds a lot like the beginning of Metronome Arthritis by the band At The Drive-In.

So basically, this is a lot like Omar Rodriguez-Lopez fucking around with an effect pedal for an hour.
STOG, January 24, 2015, 06:25:19 pm
I look forward to the inevitable split into idoser The Mars Volta and idoser Sparta
AgentCoop, January 25, 2015, 08:13:39 am

came to support the podcast, stayed for the mars volta references
eudo, January 27, 2015, 09:42:02 pm
if you want mars volta references, then this is the haunt for you.

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #35
This episode reminded me of the kids in High School who swore they got high smoking bananas peels once. Or that the candle-shaped mushrooms sold at the New Age store at the mall totally contained real pot! And you could get high from burning them! Pretty much any teenager who were somehow too stupid to figure out how to get high from huffing fumes.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #36
fun fact I once talked with a comic artist who has dyslexia and did a comic about her issues with it as a child and the abuse she faced within the special education system, and she said someone at her school who was NOT in the special ed program tried to get high by smoking a hemp bracelet WITH the fimo beads on it, and it still made her furious to this day that that asshole got to be considered more "normal" than her and didn't get be forced into the special ed program where she learned nothing and was taught she was worthless just because she had trouble telling certain letters apart from other ones.
Mister Smalls oscaruglyface

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #37
When I was in Boy Scouts some guys tried to get high by smoking dead grass

They called it yellowgrass and said that it was more potent than the most potent marijuana

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #38
One time I thought that the white fuzzy seeds that hung off the creosote trees were drugs, and that you could grind them up and get hiiiiigh.

Well, you can't. Unless you consider the very refreshing and clean smell of the Southwestern desert after a rainstorm to be a drug.
Ras Shame-ra oscaruglyface RoeCocoa

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #39

Advertisements have been getting very interesting on Elon Musk's Twitter...
xX_sp00ks_Xx Lemon VaMpIrESoFtWaRe Nemo2342 Dr. Buttplug John Toast

Nemo2342

• Depleted Uranium Beholder
  • Paid
Episode 163: This Beat Is Dope #40

Advertisements have been getting very interesting on Elon Musk's Twitter...
Sherlockian, May 04, 2023, 10:55:58 pm

I just relistened to this episode and was wondering that scam was still around, and now I know.