Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

Gift Suggestions : A Q&A Thread

<< < (3/3)

moooo566 (taylor's version):
In sort of a similar but not quite the same situation (it's complicated) I just ordered some rip-off lego from China of whatever intellectual property they liked.
The problem as I see it is someone like that probably won't be motivated to make changes from "just a gift". Unless you know the manchild wants to make a change, it gets complicated.
But if they have said they want to do X, Y or Z, something that wouldn't contribute to their atrophy, you can probably give a gift that would in theory help with that.

So my thought behind the "legally we can't say we're lego but we are "compatible with leading brands"" kits is that at least they'll probably take the time to build it? Which is something. It's not much but it is something.
organburner, December 07, 2022, 02:02:56 am
--- End quote ---

Atrophied (albeit also employed) video game weird checking in, Lego was my first thought, or maybe a miniature and some paints for a slightly craftier alternative?

Alternatively this is a little more out there but a lot of the nerds I know are big music people too, would he be interested in a ticket to see a band or maybe one of those video game music orchestra shows?

organburner:
maybe you can get them a gift card to one of those online therapy services or something.

Victor Laszlo:
a Goonies-themed scavenger hunt that leads to a treasure chest full of job applications

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version