Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:24:26 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The Ignore List  (Read 16204 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
The Ignore List
So, this feature has been around since nearly the very beginning of ballp.it, but I just wanted to point it out now, because you might not have known it was there.

THE IGNORE LIST
Let's just say that every time Jack Chick says something about Skeletonwitch, I get super upset. Now, I could just not pay attention to Jack Chick's post, but I think the internet should cater to my whims, and I can't trust that I won't accidentally read Jack Chick saying something about Skeletonwitch, so I just want to hide his posts entirely. Well, I can.

So, I go into my profile and Edit Ignore List, adding Jack Chick and 666skeletonwitch666 to my ignore list, but because that second user doesn't exist, I just end up ignoring Jack Chick.

Now I look at the podcast recommendations and I see there's a post by Jack Chick, but ballp.it has been kind enough to hide his post for me.

Turns out this post doesn't actually mention Skeletonwitch by name, but it does mention that he doesn't listen to the goddamn podcast, so I'm glad I'm not seeing this post.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now icarus count_actuala Down10 Baldr Boots Raingear chai tea latte Delcat

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
The Ignore List #1
PS: You'll notice that, in addition to the Ignore List, there's also a buddy list. You can certainly add people to your buddy list, but at the moment, it won't change anything about your ballp.it experience, other than breaking a couple icons I haven't made yet because there's no reason to buddy anybody.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
The Ignore List #2
But people not being able to ignore me is the only way I can still get anyone to view the horrible things I post!

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
The Ignore List #3
I would like to register my pleasure at the thought of Lemon being deeply troubled by any and all mentions of Skeletonwitch.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
The Ignore List #4
It would be faster for me if I could just make a list of people whose posts I do want to see.
OrganGrinder

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
The Ignore List #5
It would be faster for me if I could just make a list of people whose posts I do want to see.
Isfahan, June 04, 2013, 11:18:20 am
  • Isfahan

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
The Ignore List #6
    • Isfahan
    • Guns
    [/list]

WELL FUCK YOU TOO, LIST FORMATTING
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:10:22 pm by Cuddlesquid »

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
    • Ridiculist
    The Ignore List #7
    • Isfahan
    • Guns
    Cuddlesquid, June 04, 2013, 03:05:33 pm

Guns don't make posts; people make posts.
    Adept Sunshine

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
    • Ridiculist
    • Metal tyrant from hell
    The Ignore List #8
    Man lemon has some great fucking ideas!

I should be listening to Skeletonwitch!!

Delcat

• Paid
    The Ignore List #9
    Thank you so much.  Is there any way to block a person from seeing you, though?

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
    • Ridiculist
    The Ignore List #10
    Delcat, June 04, 2013, 07:24:18 pm

Someone having that kind of control over someone else's user experience is pretty unprecedented and the mechanics themselves are ripe for abuse.

So no.
    Lemon

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
    • Paid
    • John Brown did nothing wrong
    The Ignore List #11
    Or at least that's what the mods want you to think.

Delcat

• Paid
    The Ignore List #12

Someone having that kind of control over someone else's user experience is pretty unprecedented and the mechanics themselves are ripe for abuse.

So no.
    Isfahan, June 04, 2013, 08:56:03 pm

That came across creepier than intended, sorry.  I apologize for freaking out all over the place, I've had multiple bad experiences on forums and it's put me on a hair trigger that I need to let go off.  I'm gonna just take a deep breath, trust the mods, and try to relax now.

gee golly gosh

• Paid
    • Poisonously Pink.
    The Ignore List #13

You will need the following items for this spell:

1. Yourself.
    2. An internets.
    3. Your MIND.
    4. Brown paper bag with holes for eyes.

MAIL ME THE SIDE EFFECTS!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHAMBA~1.SBB

Delcat

• Paid
    The Ignore List #14
    I need your address, I found something fuzzy and vaguely greenish in the bag and I'm pretty sure it's magickal!