Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:56 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Catch all metal thread  (Read 31787 times)

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Catch all metal thread #30
Oh, very funny you two. Listen, we Finns are like the dwarfs of Europe. We may not be the prettiest or the wittiest people around, but by Ukko we know our metal! If you're a Finn you will like metal, or you will have a lousy time. After all, this guy got a street named after him, and he's not even that heavy.

And this guy was voted the most popular fictional character.

Ensiferum is okay, but not in my top 10. For those who are not so into heavy, you might want to check out Poets of the Fall. If you've ever played Max Payne, you already know what I'm talking about.

There, was that enough Finnish nationalism for you?
montrith, February 12, 2013, 04:44:54 pm

Lololol with the poets of the fall, why not put on the HIM or the Poisonblack? ;) Although anything with Ville Laihiala will do...

As I'm sure a bunch of people can attest, I have nothing but love for Finland, and there's plenty more Finnish metal bands I can post, but with the current direction of this thread I don't think anyone here wants Behexen, Satanic Warmaster, or Rotten sound. :P

-Jack

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Catch all metal thread #31
Oh, very funny you two. Listen, we Finns are like the dwarfs of Europe. We may not be the prettiest or the wittiest people around, but by Ukko we know our metal! If you're a Finn you will like metal, or you will have a lousy time.
montrith, February 12, 2013, 04:44:54 pm
There's just something about your country that brings all that rage and discontent to the surface.  Possibly the food?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Catch all metal thread #32
why not put on the HIM or the Poisonblack

Because they suck.

But seriously, I'm done derailing jack's thread. I give the floor back to you, maestro. Though you must understand that make fun of our music again and I'm legally obligated to fly there and punch you in the tits. Nothing personal you understand, it's just that they'll kick me out of the country if I don't do that.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Catch all metal thread #33
As I'm sure a bunch of people can attest, I have nothing but love for Finland, and there's plenty more Finnish metal bands I can post, but with the current direction of this thread I don't think anyone here wants Behexen, Satanic Warmaster, or Rotten sound. :P

-Jack
jack-chick, February 12, 2013, 07:07:24 pm

But those bands are fantastic!

On a side note. What do you think of these bands?

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Catch all metal thread #34

-Jack

But those bands are fantastic!

On a side note. What do you think of these bands?

MicroMissles, February 12, 2013, 11:36:54 pm

Montrith - I have absolutely nothing but love and respect for Finland and it's music.

MicroMissiles:

1) Made it through about 5 minutes. Too slows/borings for me. In general, I find doom metal extremely boring (and pretty much anything else slow). They had some interesting work with textures coming at around 3 min, but not enough to really hold my interest. Also clean singing without a proper transition or setup coming off abrasive vocals always rubs me the wrong way.
2) I'm noticing a trend here. This is MUCH better. Excellent layering. The interlude is fucking fantastic. Linked to a couple buddies. Excellent find. Thanks!
3) I feel like I'm at ren faire. Where are my pantaloons?? A lot of this works and a lot of it doesn't. I want them to take a step back and simplify, they're trying to do too much and nothing really stands out. :| Doing a little reading it seems like this is the closer to a full album, which is probably a little divorced from the context of the album. I'll listen to a couple other tracks and see if I like em better.
4) This is excellent. Really like the slow evolution aped from electronica. Hungary has put out a ton of fantastic stuff lately, come to think of it. Great scene there.
(marblebog side project)
5) Based on the cover art, I'm going to like the hell out of this. Upon listening, it's ok. Nothing exceptional, which is a bit disappointing. USBM has a lot of great stuff lately. High hopes? :/
6) I like this a lot more.

Your taste seems to extend to longer tracks (everything you linked was around 10 minutes), with major transitions occurring halfway through. It's a pretty peculiar set of stuff!

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Catch all metal thread #35
Speaking of long tracks, when is Fplus going to fill it's obligation as an Internet Thing and include a sample of Ghost Love Score? I think they take your computer away if you do a thing with music and don't use it, or does that only apply for videos. I'll check those links out later, since I'm on my way to a job interview right now.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Catch all metal thread #36

1) Made it through about 5 minutes. Too slows/borings for me. In general, I find doom metal extremely boring (and pretty much anything else slow). They had some interesting work with textures coming at around 3 min, but not enough to really hold my interest. Also clean singing without a proper transition or setup coming off abrasive vocals always rubs me the wrong way.
2) I'm noticing a trend here. This is MUCH better. Excellent layering. The interlude is fucking fantastic. Linked to a couple buddies. Excellent find. Thanks!
3) I feel like I'm at ren faire. Where are my pantaloons?? A lot of this works and a lot of it doesn't. I want them to take a step back and simplify, they're trying to do too much and nothing really stands out. :| Doing a little reading it seems like this is the closer to a full album, which is probably a little divorced from the context of the album. I'll listen to a couple other tracks and see if I like em better.
4) This is excellent. Really like the slow evolution aped from electronica. Hungary has put out a ton of fantastic stuff lately, come to think of it. Great scene there.
(marblebog side project)
5) Based on the cover art, I'm going to like the hell out of this. Upon listening, it's ok. Nothing exceptional, which is a bit disappointing. USBM has a lot of great stuff lately. High hopes? :/
6) I like this a lot more.

Your taste seems to extend to longer tracks (everything you linked was around 10 minutes), with major transitions occurring halfway through. It's a pretty peculiar set of stuff!

That's a pretty concise examination. And how was I unaware of anything extending from Marblebog? Hungary does have quite the good output considering it's population. Kinda sucks that it shares Ukraine's association with NS metal. But what'll ya do? Anyway, here's another salvo of tracks.

Speaking of Ukrainian NS metal!

I'm pretty sure every self respecting BM fan knows of these guys.

Black metal plus krautrock.

Not metal in the slightest but worthy of attention nonetheless.

Irish folk metal.

Black metal gone Hemmingway.

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
Catch all metal thread #37
Meshuggah was amazing. Floor lost it when Combustion came on and the entire general admissions turned into a (very nice) pit for the entire song.

Otherwise pretty relaxed for a metal concert.

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
Catch all metal thread #38
Speaking of long tracks, when is Fplus going to fill it's obligation as an Internet Thing and include a sample of Ghost Love Score? I think they take your computer away if you do a thing with music and don't use it, or does that only apply for videos. I'll check those links out later, since I'm on my way to a job interview right now.
montrith, February 13, 2013, 03:39:02 am
I'd settle for their cover of Over the Hills, myself. That seems to be another popular option.