Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:03 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy  (Read 27939 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy
Politicians would insist that American ingenuity is the reason for American exceptionalism. They are, of course, lying. All it really takes to be exceptional is the belief that you are exceptional, everything else is just details. Fortunately for the subjects of tonite’s episode (the members of InventorSpot and AHHHA) details aren’t important. They have an idea. They haven’t given it any thought, they won’t give it any effort, and it’s not a good idea in the first place, but they have an idea. This week, pay attention or it's the naughty chair again.

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #1
Oh boy, a new F Plus episode for me, on my birthday? :D I'm going to listen to this once I've had some sleep. (Otherwise I won't be able to sleep for laughing and/or puking). I have no idea if this is the terrible mind-breaking episode that Montrith has been teasing on the boards, but either way, new episode!

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #2
This isn't That Episode.

In fact, I think "That Episode" will be the perfect title for That Episode when it comes up.

Edit: i just got to mealitary oh god let me tell you about this idea

Edit edit: hahahaha Boots, man, you called it
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:18:16 am by Isfahan »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #3
Happy birthday, Chaz GELF!

I'm just listening to this now but I think this is bound to be one of my favourite episodes so far.

Isfahan: I quake in fear of That Episode.

EDIT: I just worked out what the land sea air vehicle is! It's a small horse! With wings. That floats. And runs on android.
Okay, but "small horse" works for at least five or ten of that dude's points.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:55:45 am by kal-elk »

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #4
this reminds me of ......two people i know of.

one is from my spouse's job. there's a temp there who is just full of ideas. his great ideas include:
- buying an old cop car and selling ice cream out of it. use the siren to attract customers! in his words, "it's a stupid idea, but it's smart."
- having a white guy who plays a classic prog blend on guitar attempt to sign with the def jams rap label ("but you have to go to def jams uk cause he's white there")
- once signed with def jams the guitar guy WILL cast him in a music video where he will be pushed into a pool by sexy girls. he was very clear on this. which made both my spouse and i kinda wonder if that's a fetish (obviously it is now)
- put huge shiny aftermarket rims on a 99 subaru outback. you know. this car.

the second guy recently joined a MUD. his great ideas include:
- write poetry for valentines day! the more cliche, the better! in his words, "i like cliche! cliche is good!"
- BRING BACK FLOPPY DRIVES. someone tried to explain to him that this had already been done by modding the floppy but he was adamant his way was different and better.

edit: additionally, at about 47 minutes in, it sounds like someone's baby woke up during recording. if that is what happened that is kind of adorable.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:14:59 am by icarus »

PurpleXVI

• Paid
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #5
This reminded me of the Kickstarter episode.

I really do love the fucking ignorance and bizarre logic deployed in some of these ideas, like the fucking invincicar.

fruit power

• Paid
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #6
So basically this is the internet equivalent of a bunch of stoners sitting around and playing "Wouldn't it be cool if?"

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #7
This reminded me of the Kickstarter episode.

I really do love the fucking ignorance and bizarre logic deployed in some of these ideas, like the fucking invincicar.
PurpleXVI, February 15, 2013, 10:00:35 am

i found the landwatersea car hilarious. mostly because there's a reason flying cars never took off (hohoho)

that being to actually fly one you'd still need a piloting license. and a suitable runway to take off and land on. as a novelty and on paper it seems like a fun idea, but the practicality is pretty much not there at all.

amphicars have just as many shortcomings. most notably being that on land they feel like you're driving a fucking boat.

two not-so-great flavours that certainly don't taste great together.

Zsa Zsa

• Paid
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #8
Wow Lemon you weren't kidding, Matt Crowe is thick as two short planks.

Adept

• Statistically Insignificant
  • Paid
  • (p=.056)
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #9
This episode was hilarious. Thank you, readers!

I like how one of Matt Crowe's specialties is 'Getting Sh*t Done'. Because clearly, that's what this website is about.

Valuable_Sandwich

• Paid
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #10
Oh god, this was a great episode. Thank you readers!!

I listen at work and it was really hard to stifle my laughter on this one. I try to make it sound like I'm coughing. I'm Awkward.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #11
This was one of the few episodes that made me giggle by myself when I was collecting the material. I still can't believe more than one people thought arranged kidnappings were a great idea.

Out of all the things you didn't use, I think Moon Pies is my favorite. It's just so pathetically unfunny and lazy at the same time.

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #12
This was one of the few episodes that made me giggle by myself when I was collecting the material. I still can't believe more than one people thought arranged kidnappings were a great idea.

Out of all the things you didn't use, I think Moon Pies is my favorite. It's just so pathetically unfunny and lazy at the same time.
montrith, February 15, 2013, 03:11:29 pm

i made myself ill on moonpies in highschool (my dad sent a store-stock sized box of them since he was living near the factory)
do i even want to know?

fruit power

• Paid
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #13

montrith, February 15, 2013, 03:11:29 pm

i made myself ill on moonpies in highschool (my dad sent a store-stock sized box of them since he was living near the factory)
do i even want to know?
icarus, February 15, 2013, 03:56:25 pm

God. My redneckness is showing here because I think the Moon Pies idea is actually kind of cute. You can add a glass bottle of RC as a wang for the full effect.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
Episode 94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy #14
"A comedy group that makes fun of conspiracy theorists", eh?

Well, Wcoltd can at least cross that one off the list.