Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:01:46 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Extremely Niche Opinions Thread  (Read 19853 times)

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread
Julie Taymor is one of the worst directors alive when it comes to film adaptations of plays, especially her Shakespeare productions. It's clear she has little to no respect of her source material, and while I kind of doubt it, I think she wants her films to be more about how 'unique' she is instead of the actual text itself. Her version of Titus Andronicus, which is kind of a silly play already, still has a lot of both confusing and laughable moments that really make it off-putting and distracting. She also sucks at set design, since her versions of both Titus and The Tempest feature sets that are either distractingly sparse (where your eye is drawn to the empty space rather than the actors) or just completely cluttered, and in Titus especially, it doesn't know if it wants to be facist brutalism or something that can only be described as 'sports bar designed by serial killer'. Both of those can be used to great effect in Titus Andronicus, but it switches between the two so much, without any real pattern or feeling like it's tied to either group of characters. There's also the fact that she's almost certainly a racist, or at least somewhat adjacent to them, as Titus Andronicus was co-produced by Steve Fucking Bannon and her version of The Tempest has Caliban played by a black man with vitiligo. It's such a confusing and off-putting choice, since Caliban is supposed to be an awful fish monster who gets addicted to alcohol. For fuck's sake, Julie, you love making weird monsters - you made the modern version of The Lion King, after all - couldn't you have done something more interesting than just Black Guy?
chai tea latte Mr. Hunky Academia Sherman Tank Eider Duck

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #1
symbaroum really fucked up by giving enemies the same rules as pcs, settings good but do it in Shadow of the Demon Lord or The One Ring
Seth "Slimy" Rollins Sovereign

GirlKisser420

• Paid
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #2
That black 4wd that just drove past was going too fast and shouldn’t have honked. Ruined the ambience of the cider I’m drinking.
chai tea latte Seth "Slimy" Rollins RoeCocoa

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #3
Gum companies should put the paper back on the outside of the foil of the gum so you can make those lariats with them.
GenesisAlwaysSucked

Sovereign

• Self-proclaimed writer
  • Paid
  • none pizza left beef
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #4
Too many ASMR videos are massively overproduced. The popular 'studio quality' channels have gradually distanced themselves from the more nostalgic, casual intimacy that the genre began with. Humbler channels continue to exist, but they either peter out or steadily grow to be just as commercialized as the top channels which then causes them to develop the same airbrushed, impersonal qualities as said popular channels.

I think I might be an ASMR hipster.
Dr. Buttplug sambair birdie
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:57:10 am by Sovereign »

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #5
Sovereign, March 17, 2019, 12:54:48 am

ASMR is just lowercase for the internet era
Sovereign Mr. Hunky Academia

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #6
Mashups suck and require a complete dearth of creativity. They are part of what is killing illustration as a fine art.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:34:57 am by Dr. Buttplug »

sambair

• Paid
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #7
Too many ASMR videos are massively overproduced. The popular 'studio quality' channels have gradually distanced themselves from the more nostalgic, casual intimacy that the genre began with. Humbler channels continue to exist, but they either peter out or steadily grow to be just as commercialized as the top channels which then causes them to develop the same airbrushed, impersonal qualities as said popular channels.

Sovereign, March 17, 2019, 12:54:48 am

I'm sort of this way about podcasts. I listen to a handful of the big professional ones, but I can't stand anything that sounds like NPR. Like, I'm sure the McElroy brothers do a shitload of editing, but they at least try to make it sound natural.
Sovereign Dr. Buttplug

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #8
there are flashes of zelda in the early harry potter games that i think they should have leaned way further into
GirlKisser420

GirlKisser420

• Paid
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #9
haanit's belts are good actually

GirlKisser420

• Paid
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #10
I know Fonrit kinda feels like it's doing some sort of racism but its not actually

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #11
Mrs. Quick deserved tenure.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #12
NieR: Automata's soundtrack should've included that "My Own Robot" song from the RiffTrax'd movie Swamp of the Ravens.

Also I cannot read an appearance of the character Sakamoto from Gintama without hearing Zaphod Beeblebrox's voice. And not the movie Zaphod either.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop eldritchhat RoeCocoa

beelzeboob

• Risen from the tits of hell.
  • Paid
  • call that the boobonic plague
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #13
Pants with three buttons are 100% superior to pants with only one button. Gotta have that extra zipper support so the zipper doesn’t age badly and just start falling open.
chai tea latte GirlKisser420 birdie RoeCocoa Salubrious Rex

GirlKisser420

• Paid
Extremely Niche Opinions Thread #14
Arkat was probably right. Except for the kralkji stuff, that was pretty racist