Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:36:59 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 98: Can't Say I Approve Of Your Methods, Mister Holmes  (Read 50190 times)

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
that's the omegaverse. apparently it spans many fandoms, and is always terrible.

PurpleXVI

• Paid
that's the omegaverse. apparently it spans many fandoms, and is always terrible.
icarus, April 03, 2013, 07:30:55 pm

A universal solvent for awfulness.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
the saddest thing
portaxx, April 03, 2013, 07:07:11 pm
So essentially she's what so many tumblr asexuals condemn pretty much all "sexual"/"romantic" people as being: someone who disdains real intimacy in favor of immediate gratification of some shallow need.

It's like rain on your aromantic life prioritization commitment ceremony cosplay party day.

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid
that's the omegaverse. apparently it spans many fandoms, and is always terrible.icarus, April 03, 2013, 07:30:55 pm
Thanks, Internet, for dutifully explaining this kink sub-genre that is a subset of another kink sub-genre that is a subset of awful fan fiction.

Neal

Dish.
Isfahan, April 02, 2013, 04:53:11 am

I'm afraid that I don't have anything that would be particularly interesting given the ground y'all covered in the episode. The gang she rolls with is relatively benign compared to the dog cock stuff.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Was the one about "John has a gf, but Sherlock emotionally berates him into staying at their place because EMOTIONAL CONNECTIONS" (roughly paraphrased) written by Outlawroad? Because that sounds exactly like her post about the durn stupid sexual guy who refused to have a committed no-romance romance with her. Except it ends with that creepy ending of John accepting his fate instead of the guy going "fuck this, you crazy" and peacing out forever.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Was the one about "John has a gf, but Sherlock emotionally berates him into staying at their place because EMOTIONAL CONNECTIONS" (roughly paraphrased) written by Outlawroad? Because that sounds exactly like her post about the durn stupid sexual guy who refused to have a committed no-romance romance with her. Except it ends with that creepy ending of John accepting his fate instead of the guy going "fuck this, you crazy" and peacing out forever.
Dacey Mormont, April 08, 2013, 01:53:14 am
I'd like to point out that, as far as I know, the person Outlawroad tried to trap in a sexless nerd pseudo-marriage was a woman. She has no issues with her sexuality, none at all.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Dacey Mormont, April 08, 2013, 01:53:14 am
I'd like to point out that, as far as I know, the person Outlawroad tried to trap in a sexless nerd pseudo-marriage was a woman. She has no issues with her sexuality, none at all.
Juice Unlimited, April 08, 2013, 09:00:30 am

Yeah, the original rant used "they," presumably for the sake of privacy. But I guess Outlawroad's rage got so out of hand that she figured "fuck it" and started saying "she" in later posts.

As for whether or not that particular fanfic was hers, I'm not sure since I didn't put together the doc, but god it could be. She has a ton of Sherlock fanfiction on Archive Of Our Own so it wouldn't really surprise me. All of it is pretty goddamned awful.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid

Yeah, the original rant used "they," presumably for the sake of privacy. But I guess Outlawroad's rage got so out of hand that she figured "fuck it" and started saying "she" in later posts.
portaxx, April 08, 2013, 10:45:30 am
"Attracted to girls? Haha. Ha. No! I'm not attracted to anyone at all! I just wanna be friends! Friends forever! Forever and ever! Just you and me, cuddling on the couch for the rest of our lives! What? Hey! What are you doing with that man? SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
I just now noticed this, but the date for this episode is a month off.  It says it was released in may.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
I guess I assumed outlawroad's object of non-affection was male, because she's so into that weird "I want to have a male/male relationship but without the gay stuff" thing.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
I guess I assumed outlawroad's object of non-affection was male, because she's so into that weird "I want to have a male/male relationship but without the gay stuff" thing.
Dacey Mormont, April 09, 2013, 05:40:01 pm
Cock rubbin'?

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
Dacey Mormont, April 09, 2013, 05:40:01 pm
Cock rubbin'?
Juice Unlimited, April 09, 2013, 06:43:43 pm

Cock rubbing— it's totally heterosexual!

Delcat

• Paid
"I just draw fat sheep as a joke!"portaxx, April 03, 2013, 09:20:26 am

Anyone drawing fat sheep as a joke is covering for something.  Anyone drawing fat sheep because it is ridiculously easy and ridiculously cute gets a pass.

sheep are so fucking adorable and they make such cute sounds I want to hug them forever help

More on-topic, I asked my sister about the Sherlock fandom, since she's loved Sherlock since back when it was a book or something, and she says the dogcock extension actually makes sense.  I mean, not in a sane way, but in a "here's a specific method in which this fandom is fucked up" way.  Apparently Sherlock fans have super-rigid views on gender roles, especially stereotypical seme/uke relationships, so she says that the Omegaverse and its insane alpha/beta shit is like home to them.  How much more fucked is it that the dog-cock-MPreg stuff is secondary to the unhealthy relationships?

As an aside, I wasn't really interested in the show until this ep, but now I want to start watching it.  It sounds really interesting, and if I let a horrible fanbase ruin my fandoms, I wouldn't have any fandoms.  I would almost say Earthbound/Mother, but it's been proven that not even THAT is safe.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
I vouch for BBC Sherlock. It's funny and entertaining, especially if you're like me and you try to figure out the plot before the characters do. As long as you stay away from the fandom I think you'll be fine. The supposed subtext between Sherlock and Watson is really more lampshading the fact that people are getting ideas about them. Otherwise, they function as an amusingly dysfunctional buddy cop duo.