Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:43 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: BallPit reading?  (Read 22898 times)

Ambious

BallPit reading? #15
Sign me up as well.
We could be the F Minus.
Amelia Blank Gyro DetectiveSlowpoke Nifty Nif

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
BallPit reading? #16
I'd participate, but I broke my 6.35mm to 3.5mm adapter today and I can't plug my microphone into my computer atm.

Silent Liver Disease

• 22-pie initiate
  • Paid
  • Cogito ergo bump
BallPit reading? #17
F MINUS!!
DOWN WITH THE BOURGEOISIE RIDICULISTS!
Amelia Blank

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
  • Secretly seven cats in a human-shaped bag
BallPit reading? #18
How should we go about setting this up? Did you want me to set up a skype chat group for us? my skype name is ameliablank and I have a picture of Stevonnie from Steven Universe as my avatar. If all of you interested wanted to add me there I think we can chat more effectively. <3 Just let me know your ballpit name when you send the friend request. <3

Ambious

BallPit reading? #19
Skype is good for conversing, but maybe we should consult the ridiculists on how to actually record. Obviously everyone needs to run Audacity (or something similar) and record their own side, but I'm not sure how to go about syncing it up while taking care of latency, etc. We gonna need some tips.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
BallPit reading? #20
I don't have a mic good enough to take part in this, but I always thought a fun idea for how to do something like this would be for everyone to bring in a few things of their own choice, and then not be the one to read them. Allocate them out so that nobody's reading any that they brought, so everyone's going in blind somehow.
Corn Syrup

Ambious

BallPit reading? #21
I don't have a mic good enough to take part in this, but I always thought a fun idea for how to do something like this would be for everyone to bring in a few things of their own choice, and then not be the one to read them. Allocate them out so that nobody's reading any that they brought, so everyone's going in blind somehow.
Cleretic, July 19, 2016, 07:45:24 am

Ooh that's good!

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
BallPit reading? #22
My mic also sucks shit but I've been meaning to buy a new one for a while (off-topic: any recommendations?)

I'd be so down for participating in this, as long as I can get plastered first. Reading "How to Cast a Flying Spell" on the TF2 server was great fun.

Now, here's one idea for a source of terrible things to read with enthusiasm: The actual ridiculists refuse to read any more MRA shit. If we want to suffer we could subject ourselves to the hot mess that is the Man-o-sphere.

e: Alternatively, Wikihow. Nobody's ever going to run out of stupid shit on Wikihow.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:24:45 am by Gyro »

Ambious

BallPit reading? #23
My mic also sucks shit but I've been meaning to buy a new one for a while (off-topic: any recommendations?)

I'd be so down for participating in this, as long as I can get plastered first. Reading "How to Cast a Flying Spell" on the TF2 server was great fun.

Now, here's one idea for a source of terrible things to read with enthusiasm: The actual ridiculists refuse to read any more MRA shit. If we want to suffer we could subject ourselves to the hot mess that is the Man-o-sphere.

e: Alternatively, Wikihow. Nobody's ever going to run out of stupid shit on Wikihow.
Gyro, July 19, 2016, 08:19:31 am

Before I heard they won't do MRA, I've been working on a Man-o-sphere doc. Two of them actually (the first one sucked balls).
If we choose to go that route (rage everywhere) I can supply some content.

Mique

• Paid
  • Pronounced like Mike
BallPit reading? #24
Gyro, July 19, 2016, 08:19:31 am

The Blue Snowball is a pretty solid mic for about $50. That's the one I have now.
If you want to shell out a bit more money you can get the Blue Yeti for $120 or so. It's a pretty nice upgrade, if I ever get serious about recording stuff I'll get me one of those.
znarf

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
BallPit reading? #25
Skype is good for conversing, but maybe we should consult the ridiculists on how to actually record. Obviously everyone needs to run Audacity (or something similar) and record their own side, but I'm not sure how to go about syncing it up while taking care of latency, etc. We gonna need some tips.
Sir Rev. Dr. Prof. Ambious Ph.D, Esq., July 19, 2016, 07:30:51 am

I've done a couple podcast recordings with a friend of mine. What we did was start off with a 'Three, two, one, BOOP', and then sync up around the boop, and that worked pretty well.

Also, I love the idea of atrocity tourism dim-sum, everybody bringing something different, maybe from a rejected doc.

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
BallPit reading? #26
Sir Rev. Dr. Prof. Ambious Ph.D, Esq., July 19, 2016, 07:30:51 am

They've already posted something up: https://thefpl.us/wrote/podcast-recording-advice
I'm a strong proponent of using the rejected documents, if only so that they may finally see the light of day in some sort of fashion.

Carbon

• Paid
  • Can wink with both eyes at once
BallPit reading? #27
Let's get those rejected docs going, but we have to keep in mind why they were rejected. I wouldn't want to go through and do all the stuff that's too gross for the F+ and end up stepping on Lou's toes. Maybe potluck is the way to go.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
BallPit reading? #28
I probably won't be able to participate (I have an exam a few hours after you guys want to record), but  if you're looking for fun snippets from rejected docs, the "Crystal Insights" section in my Etheric Warriors doc is pretty good. It's less impenetrable than the rest of the crazy orgone shit in the doc.

DetectiveSlowpoke

• Paid
  • Why ballp.it posting Love is Called Fetish?
BallPit reading? #29
This sounds like fun. I want in. I've always wanted to be a cheap knockoff of something I enjoyed.