Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:26 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: the australia zone  (Read 64645 times)

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
the australia zone

gday

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #1
***passes you a beer, mate***

BARK RANGER

• MRS. ASTOR'S PET HORSE
  • Paid
the australia zone #2
1. What's your take on the Nauru and Manus refugee situation
2. Do people enjoy Chris Lilley, consider him gimmicky/racist, or both?  We Can be Heroes had some good bits but eeeehhhhh
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:14:39 pm by BARK RANGER »

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #3
1. They're fucking shithouse but there's not much that's going to happen while there's bipartisan support from Labor. Unless there's a big swing to the left from them nothing's going to happen, and our political climate's going rightwards like everyone elses so fat chance, it's too important to pay Serco billions of dollars to torture people. Trump fucked up his ban, but we did a way better job of it.
2. Chris Lilley sucks, and hasn't done anything in a while because everyone realized that. I feel like suppose are being exposed to him all of a sudden, which is weird.

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #4
PLOISE ROISE FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHUM

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
the australia zone #5
oh boy a thread just for me

now i can complain about how absurdly warm it is and americans won't go "hmmm boy i sure wish i was there" like no you fucking don't. this is hell with spiders.

brb moving to iceland

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #6
go to the beach mate, it's noice outside

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
the australia zone #7
the beach is 3 hours away :(

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #8
put a bucket near some sand. fill it with water and salt. dunk your head in it, then knock it over onto you. You have a beach. No excuses.
Salubrious Rex

BARK RANGER

• MRS. ASTOR'S PET HORSE
  • Paid
the australia zone #9
1. They're fucking shithouse but there's not much that's going to happen while there's bipartisan support from Labor. Unless there's a big swing to the left from them nothing's going to happen, and our political climate's going rightwards like everyone elses so fat chance, it's too important to pay Serco billions of dollars to torture people. Trump fucked up his ban, but we did a way better job of it.
GirlKisser420, January 30, 2017, 09:17:00 pm

Sucks :(  I guess the resettlement deal was always destined to be more of a face-saving measure than a realistic, attainable thing anyway.  Probably going to see a massive expansion of prison/detention centre privatization in the U.S. now too, thanks domald frump

2. Chris Lilley sucks, and hasn't done anything in a while because everyone realized that. I feel like suppose are being exposed to him all of a sudden, which is weird.GirlKisser420, January 30, 2017, 09:17:00 pm

Some of his shows aired on HBO in several countries, most of them stayed  under the radar and got lukewarm reviews. Shit kind of hit the fan when Jonah from Tonga aired in the U.S.

Many major US civil rights organizations wrote to HBO expressing their deep concern over the show. These included the NAACP, National Hispanic Media Coalition, American Indians in Film/TV, Empowering Pacific Islander Communities and The Asian Pacific American Media Coalition (which itself includes the Asian American Justice Center, Asian Pacific American Advocates, Japanese American Citizens League, Media Action Network for Asian Americans, National Federation of Filipino American Associations, and more).[34]

Sorry for bringing up this negative stuff, you guys have some choice birbs, some of the best on the planet. Fruit doves and lorikeets are awesome.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:56:06 pm by BARK RANGER »

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
the australia zone #10
Thinking about applying to a short-term exchange program with ANU. Is Canberra as boring as I've heard it is?

(I mean, I'm okay with boring. Given what's happening in the U.S., boring would be a nice change of pace.)

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #11
Canberra's got a decent music scene but otherwise it's like a suburb of Washington DC. As far as I can tell everyone's a spy or political gremlin.

There's worse places to be though. It's real neat to just have the regular depressing grind of capitalism as everyone tries to circumvent minimum wage laws and our unemployment welfare department goes on some insane debt campaign.

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
the australia zone #12
canberra's cool. it's like a big forest city.

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #13
crikey my vocabs gone walkabout. chuck a cone on the barbie

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
the australia zone #14
I like Australia until I start hearing how much we overuse swear words. And how much of a big deal sports are, because I'm left so far in the goddamn lurch when conversation turns to them.

I was doorknocking with the Greens in St Kilda the day after the Bulldogs won the grand final. That was... a very hungover day, and it took me a while to find out why.