Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:13:07 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: So, Ballpit, what did we learn today?  (Read 49045 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #135
Slot machine tournaments are a thing
Salubrious Rex Frank West

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #136
The "con" in conman is short for confidence, and cons are confidence tricks.

just never thought about it until today
Dr. Buttplug Penultimatum

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #137
Before recombinant human growth hormone (rHGH) was developed in 1981, HGH was only available by extracting it from the pituitary glands of cadavers.
chai tea latte A Meat Penultimatum

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #138
The orb pondering wizard art is from a trading card game themed on Lord of the Rings, and depicts Saruman using the Palantír.
Salubrious Rex chai tea latte A Meat Penultimatum

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #139
Some scholars think that “the son of man” is just a Galilean Aramaic idiom to refer to one’s self that Judeans and Greeks didn’t understand and translated literally, so Jesus might have been saying the equivalent of “For even Yours Truly did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
chai tea latte

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #140
Some scholars think that “the son of man” is just a Galilean Aramaic idiom to refer to one’s self that Judeans and Greeks didn’t understand and translated literally, so Jesus might have been saying the equivalent of “For even Yours Truly did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Cheapskate, December 05, 2021, 07:01:46 pm
In modern hebrew the word human is בן אדם, which is literally "son of Adam", shortened to "adam" when just referring to a man. The name Adam comes from the Hebrew root א-ד-מ ('-d-m), which is the root for the word for earth as well as the one for the color red
Cheapskate Penultimatum

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #141
There is no dog menopause.
chai tea latte Shell Game

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #142
The center punch, the prick punch, the drift pin and the scratch awl are all tools that basically just boil down to "pointy metal with a handle for drilling right"
Penultimatum

thelizzerd

• Paid
  • Make documents, not sense.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #143
I learned that only 27 states have personal property tax on vehicles and that Virginia has the highest personal property tax on vehicles. I thought that everywhere had personal property tax on cars before today.

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #144
Apparently when the FDA told companies to phase out Bisphenol A out of thermal paper a lot of companies switched to Bisphenol S which has similar effects on the body and degrades slower, and there aren't any labeling regulations on it
thelizzerd SHAMBA~1.SBB xX_sp00ks_Xx Penultimatum

organburner

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #145
If you have dry skin that's prone to cracking in the winter: Do not stick your hand in the pickle jar to fish up the last slices. The brine will hurt you.
Great Joe Salubrious Rex A Meat

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #146
If you have dry skin that's prone to cracking in the winter: Do not stick your hand in the pickle jar to fish up the last slices. The brine will hurt you.
organburner, December 10, 2021, 04:20:02 pm

Ignore this poster, embrace the Dill Bathroy you were meant to be and bathe your whole body in pickle juice
jim and the mammograms

jim and the mammograms

• Paid
  • ah fuck my pun doesn't work now that i'm he/they
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #147
organburner, December 10, 2021, 04:20:02 pm

Ignore this poster, embrace the Dill Bathroy you were meant to be and bathe your whole body in pickle juice
Macho Masc Sangy Savage, December 10, 2021, 09:33:50 pm

Only way to find out if you have dry skin that's prone to cracking in the winter.

thelizzerd

• Paid
  • Make documents, not sense.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #148
I was watching a youtube video by an animator where he talked about having Aphantasia and how it effected his art. Was like wtf is Aphantasia. Looked it up. Today I learned, Aphantasia is a phenomenon in which people are unable to visualize imagery. About 2% of the population has it.
Here's a summary about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have it. I just thought that when people said visualize they meant just think about the concept of the object lmao.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #149
The modern vaginal speculum was developed by J. Marion Sims, a plantation doctor in Lancaster County, South Carolina. Between 1845 and 1849, Sims performed dozens of surgeries, without anesthesia, on at least 12 enslaved women. In these experiments, Sims developed a technique to repair fistula and in the process invented the duckbill speculum. These experiments, and the development of the modern specula, led some to regard Sims as the "father of modern gynaecology."

Was just trying to figure out how long we've been using the current vaginal speculum and suddenly a whoooole lot of things make sense
chai tea latte A Meat Salubrious Rex Dr. Buttplug