Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:04:46 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Our favorite bad movies.  (Read 46789 times)

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #105

Creating Rem Lezar is a film made by new-age psychotherapists from Silicon Valley in the late 80s, featuring two children that create a superhero using their belief in imagination and love. The whole movie has been uploaded to Youtube:

Digital Walnut, May 21, 2016, 12:53:15 am

I cannot adequately emphasize how much you should watch this, and furthermore HOLY SHIT ZORAK DID 9/11

Schrecken

• Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #106
Some of mine are:

Creature AKA: Titan Find. An entertaining "Alien" rip-off with space parasite zombies.

DeepStar Six. The film came out in '89 along with quite a few other underwater movies like "The Abyss" and "Leviathan".

Carnosaur 2. "You got your Jurassic Park in my Aliens movie!"

The Fly 2. Sequel to "The Fly 1986" it continues the story with Brundle's son.

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Our favorite bad movies. #107

The Fly 2. Sequel to "The Fly 1986" it continues the story with Brundle's son.

Schrecken, May 23, 2016, 03:05:32 am

Aaaaaaaaaaa the poor doggie in that movie! ;_;

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Our favorite bad movies. #108
Have I said "The Apple" yet? THE APPLE.

Also, I love Super Mario Bros the Movie. I apologize for any seizures this trailer causes.

Never change, 90's.
chai tea latte Digital Walnut eldritchhat Kaleidoscope

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #109
Some of mine are:

DeepStar Six. The film came out in '89 along with quite a few other underwater movies like "The Abyss" and "Leviathan".

Schrecken, May 23, 2016, 03:05:32 am

This movie is hilarious, and should be rebranded as an OSHA training film. I think the monster kills one person, tops, and all the other deaths are due to workplace safety violations. One person gets trapped when some boxes fall on them that clearly say "DO NOT STACK". Another person gets killed when some metal-fatigued gears snap and a door falls on them. There's accidental electrocution, accidental explosive decompression, accidental nuclear detonation. Pay attention to workplace safety, folks.

EDIT: As for The Fly II, Nutshell, ohmygod yes that doggie. [dog] [bacon]

Still, I was surprised by how fun of a film it was! It's certainly not as good as the first one, but it's an incredibly entertaining gory horror film.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Our favorite bad movies. #110
If it were Christmas time, I would recommend the Mexican movie Santa Claus, which was the subject of one of my favorite MST3K episodes. I haven't seen it without the riffing, but apparently it's great either way.

And then there's M. Night Shyamalan's crapsterpiece The Happening. Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel turn in absolutely garbage performances, and the twist at the end is so goddamn dumb. Nothing about it is actually scary, just goofy.

I'll leave you with the full, official MST3K episodes for The Pumaman and The Final Sacrifice, two of my favorite MST3K episodes:

Digital Walnut

Digital Walnut

• The Carl Icahn of nuzzling
  • Paid
  • Source(s): meee~ nyaa~ :3
Our favorite bad movies. #111

NutshellGulag, May 23, 2016, 05:58:41 pm
I'm really sad that the Christian Sci-fi Musical genre didn't take off. I love this movie.

Hell Comes to Frogtown features Roddy Piper rescuing some of the world's last fertile women from mutant frog people after a nuclear apocalypse.

Johnny Mnemonic is some great mid-90s cyberpunk absurdity starring Keanu Reeves.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
Our favorite bad movies. #112
I have little patience for bad movies in general but there are a few I really love.  Here's my list, including some echos from several pages back:
Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy (I've studied this film in an academic context!  Fascinating)
Crank
Crank: High Voltage (this + above have the best premise for an action movie ever: if he stops doing exciting things, he DIES)
Cannibal Holocaust (warning for rape and animal dismemberment on camera, they are not fucking around)
Evil Dead I
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness (confirmed for actual middle-aged man)

I have watched Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 all the way through.  I'm not sure if I can say it's one of my favorites.
I watched The Room once with a large group not knowing that it had callouts and audience participation and everything.  I was not prepared.  I was a little overwhelmed.  And my freshman buddies asked me to buy Scotch and vodka so they could make Scotchka.  I got them the very best handles $30 could buy.  Some of them had never tasted alcohol before.  They were not prepared, either.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:27:56 pm by Nifty Nif »

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Our favorite bad movies. #113
Crank is legitimately the kind of thing that changes lives
chai tea latte Nifty Nif Captain Nobeard

Baldr

• Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #114
I made a biology exam question based on that movie:

The actor Jason Statham once starred in Crank.  In this film, Stantham’s character is injected with a drug that interacts with the receptors associated with his autonomic nervous system and will cause his heart to stop beating if he does not continually engage in activities that cause a sympathetic nervous system response.

Based on what you know about the autonomic nervous system, come up with a plausible mechanism of action for this drug.  Name a receptor discussed in class that it could be binding to.  Then explain if the drug would act as an agonist or antagonist in this situation.  Finally, describe the normal function of this receptor in the body.

The class was very unhappy with that question, and I'm debating whether I should ever use it again.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Captain Nobeard Ashto Ragnarok Boobies

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #115
I made a biology exam question based on that movie:

The actor Jason Statham once starred in Crank.  In this film, Stantham’s character is injected with a drug that interacts with the receptors associated with his autonomic nervous system and will cause his heart to stop beating if he does not continually engage in activities that cause a sympathetic nervous system response.

Based on what you know about the autonomic nervous system, come up with a plausible mechanism of action for this drug.  Name a receptor discussed in class that it could be binding to.  Then explain if the drug would act as an agonist or antagonist in this situation.  Finally, describe the normal function of this receptor in the body.

The class was very unhappy with that question, and I'm debating whether I should ever use it again.
Healslime, May 26, 2016, 08:41:01 pm

Whaaaat?  That's an awesome question!  What level biology?  What kind of answers were you expecting?

Baldr

• Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #116
It was a 200-level course.  A possible answer was that the drug was an antagonist of Beta-1 receptors, which normally increase heart rate.  As an antagonist it could bind to the receptor and block it.  Sort of like the beta blockers people take to lower blood pressure, but worse. 

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #117
It was a 200-level course.  A possible answer was that the drug was an antagonist of Beta-1 receptors, which normally increase heart rate.  As an antagonist it could bind to the receptor and block it.  Sort of like the beta blockers people take to lower blood pressure, but worse.
Healslime, May 27, 2016, 10:36:55 am

I don't know, that sounds pretty fair (and totally awesome) at the 200-level.  But what do I know, anyway?  Sounds like your class was expecting something directly from the textbook and wasn't in the mood to interpret the material.

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #118

NutshellGulag, May 23, 2016, 05:58:41 pm

You can't beat the classics.

It's hard to watch this movie though because damn is it sparkly

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
Our favorite bad movies. #119
I have watched Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 all the way through.  I'm not sure if I can say it's one of my favorites.
Nifty Nif, May 26, 2016, 04:53:18 pm
I watched this with a group of friends from an MMO, with most of the group not knowing anything about the movie but this clip.

Holy shit that movie is rape-ey. Like, even for a horror movie of that particularly rape-ey age, it's really heavy on it. That took down the entire mood, which is a shame because I think it's a pretty top-class bad movie.

That actor either has no idea how people talk, or knows he's in utter shit and is having as much fun as possible, either way he's the best part of the movie. I thought the most interesting part of it from a 'wait, why' point of view, though, was that basically the entire first half of the movie is him recounting the tale of what happened with his brother, the villain in the original Silent Night Deadly Night... with flashbacks. So the first half of the movie is basically just clips of the movie it's a sequel to.

Given the original is clearly much higher-budget, I'm not too surprised.