Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:08:53 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: How did you find the F+?  (Read 89801 times)

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
How did you find the F+? #15
Purple done it.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
How did you find the F+? #16
Cuddlesquid brought me here.
Juice Unlimited, April 27, 2013, 10:28:55 am

Through force, through allure, what? Come on man, details.
toanoradian, April 27, 2013, 11:44:23 am

Yes.

(Though really the force and allure belong entirely to the ridiculists; I just gave Juice a link.)

Psammetichus

• ᕕ(⊙ω⊙)ᕗ
  • Paid
  • O damn'd Sonic! O inhuman hog!
How did you find the F+? #17
Was linked in the Something Awful gamers.txt thread before it got gassed because goons.
OrganGrinder, April 27, 2013, 09:47:51 am

Same here, only I found it in the D&D (or was it PYF?) thread about TVTropes. I'd bet lots of listeners found the podcast through that thread, since I can remember the F+ TVTropes episode being linked to literally a dozen times or so over the span of several months.

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!
How did you find the F+? #18
I used to play on Garbage Day every occasionally; I was there when Captain Profanity read Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation.  When I started hearing about F+ (I think through "we're recording" showing up in the Garbage Day or PoE steam groups), at first I avoided it like the plague, but then, when I found out what it actually was, that it was basically the same as That Thing What the Captain Done Did, I was all "HELLS YES."  I think the first episode I heard was somewhere around the Fuckdolls one.

Speaking of, and I know this is not the first time I've asked this, but WHY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOT GOTTEN THE CAPTAIN TO READ SOMETHING? >:(

Delcat

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #19
...at first I avoided it like the plague, but then, when I found out what it actually was...
Utnaphistim, April 27, 2013, 11:17:28 pm

This makes it sound like you had hideous assumptions/misconceptions about it and I'm curious as to what they were if that's the case.

Horza

• Emissary of Commandante Aligheri
  • Paid
  • DEFY THE SPACETHORITIES!
How did you find the F+? #20
Not sure, but probably through Bo. My first was The Devil Went Down To Tumblr.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
How did you find the F+? #21
Speaking of, and I know this is not the first time I've asked this, but WHY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOT GOTTEN THE CAPTAIN TO READ SOMETHING? >:(Utnaphistim, April 27, 2013, 11:17:28 pm

Profanity's part of the old TF2 Cabal, he had his shot. He's probably busy anyway, off somewhere being really cool.

• fact-lord
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #22
This makes it sound like you had hideous assumptions/misconceptions about it and I'm curious as to what they were if that's the case.
Delcat, April 27, 2013, 11:54:09 pm

I didn't have any specific idea, I just wasn't sure what it could be that I could ever possibly like.  I found out! =D

Profanity's part of the old TF2 Cabal, he had his shot. He's probably busy anyway, off somewhere being really cool.
Isfahan, April 28, 2013, 01:59:47 am

You mean he's somewhere not reading things -- or if he's reading things, it's real history texts and not Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation.  That is not "being  really cool."

Clockderp

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #23
I found it through Zarla linking to an episode. I think it was the creepypasta one, but I'm not entirely sure (it's been a while and my memory is really awful).

I like internet horror stories, so I stuck around after (it's why I follow the grognards.txt and gamers.txt threads on SA (yes, they're back and there are now rules in place to hopefully prevent them from getting gassed. Again. Because goons.)).

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
How did you find the F+? #24
Speaking of, and I know this is not the first time I've asked this, but WHY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOT GOTTEN THE CAPTAIN TO READ SOMETHING? >:(Utnaphistim, April 27, 2013, 11:17:28 pm

Isfahan, April 28, 2013, 01:59:47 am

Still I wouldn't be opposed at all to him guest reading. Dude is a goddamned cartoon character and I love him to death.

WHO RUNS BARTER TOWN???!?!?!?!

• fact-lord
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #25
WHO RUNS BARTER TOWN???!?!?!?!
portaxx, April 28, 2013, 02:54:22 pm

I can see that being one of the things yelled by that wonderful, gibbering maniac when he sets someone on fire.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
How did you find the F+? #26
Cap'n has the ability to summon a truly amazing level of enthusiasm for just about anything.  He would be a delight.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
How did you find the F+? #27
Someone posted about it either on poe or poe-news, and I was like, "Hey, yeah, it's like all the awesome stuff that people do during TF2 matches without me fucking over my wrists while trying and failing to join in on the shenanigans."

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
How did you find the F+? #28
I think I followed a link from Icarus at some point, I cant really remember.

Also I think I met the captain on TF2 once upon a time. I recall discussing the Mughal empire.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
How did you find the F+? #29
I'm relatively late to the party, only joining in the fun during It's Only Supernatural. I had a debilitating addicting on the spot.

It wasn't through anything too exciting, no SA thread (only getting an account after I found The FPlus), I've never been to PoE during its heyday, or at all for that matter. My friend linked it to me. I'm a late internet bloomer what can I say, I had only ever concerned myself with anime, music and terrible fanfiction.