Projects > Irregular

So Are We Gonna Get Another Episode or What

(1/6) > >>

crow:
Like, It's been a while.  Is Irregular over or on a long hiatus?

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes:
There are a lot of issues when it comes to scheduling an episode of Irregular. We need three people who are willing to talk about their particular subculture, ideally three people who share different perspectives. That's already a hurdle because naturally everyone has a different personal schedule. This is part of what prevented a brony episode from happening, unfortunately. Also it goes without saying that the interviewees need to be frank, calm, and willing to have an actual discussion, as opposed to a daytime TV shouting match.

Now, I won't speak for Lemon or Boots, but I personally would like to see more Irregular episodes. We're mean in F+ but through Irregular, we can show that really, quirkiness isn't that bad of a thing. It's nice to get the other side of the story since we always go for the worst examples in any subculture in F+. So if there are some people out there who'd like to be guests on Irregular, just shoot an e-mail and let us know! Hey, if enough folks go for it then we might be able to get a recording going.

Muffinator:
Just how weird are you looking for? I mean, I could probably get three slam poets together, but I don't know if that's INTERNET enough. I suspect a lot of people could pull something similar, but they worry it's not weird enough for you guys.

A Meat:
I guess it matters how "into it" you want the people you get to be, because getting three people who happen to be bronies is much easier than getting three people who create fan content for MLP.

Isfahan:
Just how weird are you looking for? I mean, I could probably get three slam poets together, but I don't know if that's INTERNET enough. I suspect a lot of people could pull something similar, but they worry it's not weird enough for you guys.Muffinator, November 09, 2014, 06:48:19 am
--- End quote ---

Well, would slam poets have an hour's worth of discussion about the weird wild world of slam poetry in them? Remember, it's for people to talk about their community, not to self-promote (beyond maybe a single plug at the beginning and end), so it wouldn't be an hour of them reciting material.

I guess it matters how "into it" you want the people you get to be, because getting three people who happen to be bronies is much easier than getting three people who create fan content for MLP.A Meat, November 09, 2014, 07:16:48 am
--- End quote ---

I was adamant about getting content creators for MLP rather than just content consumers. For one thing, content creators often see sides to a fandom that pure consumers don't. The signal-to-noise ratio would be much clearer from someone who has an actual presence and a continuity of reputation within the fandom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version