Projects > Irregular

So Are We Gonna Get Another Episode or What

<< < (2/6) > >>

crow:
Just how weird are you looking for? I mean, I could probably get three slam poets together, but I don't know if that's INTERNET enough. I suspect a lot of people could pull something similar, but they worry it's not weird enough for you guys.Muffinator, November 09, 2014, 06:48:19 am
--- End quote ---

Well, would slam poets have an hour's worth of discussion about the weird wild world of slam poetry in them? Remember, it's for people to talk about their community, not to self-promote (beyond maybe a single plug at the beginning and end), so it wouldn't be an hour of them reciting material.

I guess it matters how "into it" you want the people you get to be, because getting three people who happen to be bronies is much easier than getting three people who create fan content for MLP.A Meat, November 09, 2014, 07:16:48 am
--- End quote ---

I was adamant about getting content creators for MLP rather than just content consumers. For one thing, content creators often see sides to a fandom that pure consumers don't. The signal-to-noise ratio would be much clearer from someone who has an actual presence and a continuity of reputation within the fandom.
Isfahan, November 09, 2014, 09:38:16 am
--- End quote ---

Could you maybe get some child-free hardcore people?  They seem like a fun community

strifeheart:
Just how weird are you looking for? I mean, I could probably get three slam poets together, but I don't know if that's INTERNET enough. I suspect a lot of people could pull something similar, but they worry it's not weird enough for you guys.Muffinator, November 09, 2014, 06:48:19 am
--- End quote ---

Well, would slam poets have an hour's worth of discussion about the weird wild world of slam poetry in them? Remember, it's for people to talk about their community, not to self-promote (beyond maybe a single plug at the beginning and end), so it wouldn't be an hour of them reciting material.

I guess it matters how "into it" you want the people you get to be, because getting three people who happen to be bronies is much easier than getting three people who create fan content for MLP.A Meat, November 09, 2014, 07:16:48 am
--- End quote ---

I was adamant about getting content creators for MLP rather than just content consumers. For one thing, content creators often see sides to a fandom that pure consumers don't. The signal-to-noise ratio would be much clearer from someone who has an actual presence and a continuity of reputation within the fandom.
Isfahan, November 09, 2014, 09:38:16 am
--- End quote ---

Could you maybe get some child-free hardcore people?  They seem like a fun community
Smoking Crow, November 09, 2014, 03:55:21 pm
--- End quote ---

but their whole thing is that they're not creators!

Isfahan:
Childfree hardcore people harbor "negative enthusiasm" for something—they enjoy disliking children. Communities like furries, on the other hand, harbor positive enthusiasm—they enjoy looking at pictures of cartoon tiger boners and dressing up as wolves with sky-blue fur.

The point I'm trying to make is that their passion is based around expressing their contempt for something rather than their enjoyment. I can only envision a childfree hardcore Irregular as being humorless and leaden at best, and upsetting at worst.

crow:
Then how about audiophiles

Muffinator:
Well yeah, slam poets was just off the top of my head, trying to think of normal-but-maybe-interesting groups I know. I could almost certainly get you together a group of tropers, including Martello of EP148 fame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version