Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:08:46 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: irregularpodcast.com just elapsed.  (Read 3467 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
irregularpodcast.com just elapsed.
The domain was up for another yearly payment, and because we haven't released an episode since 2012, I didn't think it was worth the $11 to renew.

Which doesn't mean that it's completely abandoned. If someone puts a group together worth talking to, I'd throw together an episode tomorrow, but the complicated thing about Irregular always was the complications of casting. Getting together a group of ridiculists to record can be challenging enough - trying to coördinate the schedules of strangers is just an assache I can't muster up the motivation to solve.

So, to summarize:
  • I don't own irregularpodcast.com anymore
  • Another Irregular episode release is possible but not likely
  • If anyone was willing to to cast and schedule an Irregular episode, I'd happily take it from there.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
irregularpodcast.com just elapsed. #1
I think if the domain's down, you should at least make the three episodes available for download on the F+ sidebar. Nothing fancy, but just a note that says something like "Irregular: This was a short-lived project dedicated to interviewing quirky, obscure, or otherwise unusual internet dwellers. It was not directly related to this podcast, but offered a different perspective on some of the subjects that were read about on the F+. If you are interested in an interview, please contact Lemon and offer him lots of sexual favors. As in party favors. He especially likes the ones that make the really high-pitched, funny noise." And then just link to the three episodes.

Those three episodes were insightful enough that I think they should still be made available, if not on their own dedicated website. Just my two cents anyway.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
irregularpodcast.com just elapsed. #2
I think if the domain's down, you should at least make the three episodes available for download on the F+ sidebar.
There's entries for each Irregular episode on thefpl.us, but I take your point. I might add an "Other projects" entry to the sidebar (an overview page which can link to Irregular as well as QE), and then I can use your text verbatim (but clearing the tense problem).