Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:37:58 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Catch all metal thread  (Read 31892 times)

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Catch all metal thread
Ask me metal questions. I will answer them or wear leather bracers.

IT'S ONE OF THE TWO, YOU DECIDE!

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Catch all metal thread #1
JACK WHAT IS THE BEST METAL???

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO A METAL SHOW????

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Catch all metal thread #2
LEAD OR COPPER?! IS SILVER JUST FOR PUSSIES?!!

Being serious for a moment though, what type of metal is best? Personally, I really like bands who play symphonic metal, for example Xandria, Stratovarius, Apocalyptica and Rhapsody, but I also love classics from the 70s and 80s such as Iron Maiden, Mötley Crue, Ratt etc. I'm also not opposed to little Slayer now and then.

Fuck Slipknot though.

Zsa Zsa

• Paid
Catch all metal thread #3
Oi Jack I have a question:

In that Vulvectomy track you posted in the other thread, does the guy singing OR OR EAR AR OR OR OR EAR ROR ROR remind you of scooby doo?

Actually in your honor I have started listening through all the metal in my music library, I like Meshugga, Kowloon Walled City (sans their vocalist) and Horseback very much. Any suggestions for bands with interesting beats based on this stuff? Bear in mind that I once worked as a silversmith.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:01:42 am by Zsa Zsa »

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Catch all metal thread #4
JACK WHAT IS THE BEST METAL???

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO A METAL SHOW????
portaxx, February 08, 2013, 03:32:46 am

The best metal is the last show you went to. I'm all philosophical like that.

COME TO METALFORNIA. WE WILL CRUSH

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Catch all metal thread #5
LEAD OR COPPER?! IS SILVER JUST FOR PUSSIES?!!

Being serious for a moment though, what type of metal is best? Personally, I really like bands who play symphonic metal, for example Xandria, Stratovarius, Apocalyptica and Rhapsody, but I also love classics from the 70s and 80s such as Iron Maiden, Mötley Crue, Ratt etc. I'm also not opposed to little Slayer now and then.

Fuck Slipknot though.
montrith, February 08, 2013, 03:52:52 am

Hey dude. You should listen to what captures your imagination. Asking what the best metal is is like asking "what's the best air?" I would look into Kamelot (
) or Vesperian Sorrow
on the symphonic end. Enforcer and Holy Grail just put out new albums for the underground trad end...
and

Hyvää musiiki suomesta:

Teutonic Thrash (kinda slayer like):

Happy to provide recommendations wherever, if you wanna give me more context. Thanks!

-Jack

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Catch all metal thread #6
Oi Jack I have a question:

In that Vulvectomy track you posted in the other thread, does the guy singing OR OR EAR AR OR OR OR EAR ROR ROR remind you of scooby doo?

Actually in your honor I have started listening through all the metal in my music library, I like Meshugga, Kowloon Walled City (sans their vocalist) and Horseback very much. Any suggestions for bands with interesting beats based on this stuff? Bear in mind that I once worked as a silversmith.
Zsa Zsa, February 08, 2013, 07:48:56 am

Hey Zsa Zsa,

Slam lyrics are not meant to be listened to. You stop that right his instant and slam the sickness!

You seem to like pretentious stuff! You should check out Textures, Animals as Leaders, Periphery, Last Chance to Reason. More advanced level stuff may be Grayceon, Giant Squid, Sleep, Yob, Bongripper, and Sunn O))))))))))))))). Let me know what you think!

-Jack

Zsa Zsa

• Paid
Catch all metal thread #7
It is true, I cannot enjoy the sound of a dude ritually beating a drum kit to death with a guitar shaped like a medieval polearm unless his friend is clearly enunciating his thoughts about cosmetic genital surgery at the same time.

Jokes, man! Thanks for the recommendations, it's always good to get some direction.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Catch all metal thread #8
What Heavy Metal are you listening to RIGHT NOW!

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Catch all metal thread #9
What Heavy Metal are you listening to RIGHT NOW!
Runic, February 09, 2013, 09:42:49 pm

Bangover / Show high from sabaton / midnight chaser. also hatchet played but they suck.

Seriously though midnight chaser is fucking SICK. :D Sabaton's Ghost Division is the song I played just before I went to the show, so we can go with that.

Sabaton opened with ghost division, and closed with a track I don't know, they used to always close with Metal Machine.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Catch all metal thread #10
Do you know any other albums like Pink by Boris? I like the melodic/noisy combination but all my other dabblings in metal have found albums that are too much of one or the other. Probably because I know shit-all about the genre, tbh.

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Catch all metal thread #11
I don't want to catch all metal, though, if I do that they can't continue metalling.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
Catch all metal thread #12
I don't even know how I'd describe my tastes, but I have liked the Lynn Strait-era Snot, some Death by Stereo, Machine Head, a surprisingly large amount of the Korpiklaani output, and the more aggressive songs by such like Anthrax or GWAR.  I've never been really a fan of the deathmetal growl, that's probably the most offputting aspect of it, though I've still liked the one Lamb of God song I heard on one of the Guitar Heroes (despite the hilariously awful lyrics)

So I'd like to catch more of that sort of metal, certainly.  Not all of it, though, I want to leave at least a breeding pair in the wild.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Catch all metal thread #13
I don't even know how I'd describe my tastes, but I have liked the Lynn Strait-era Snot, some Death by Stereo, Machine Head, a surprisingly large amount of the Korpiklaani output, and the more aggressive songs by such like Anthrax or GWAR.  I've never been really a fan of the deathmetal growl, that's probably the most offputting aspect of it, though I've still liked the one Lamb of God song I heard on one of the Guitar Heroes (despite the hilariously awful lyrics)

So I'd like to catch more of that sort of metal, certainly.  Not all of it, though, I want to leave at least a breeding pair in the wild.
Acierocolotl, February 11, 2013, 12:13:28 pm

Hey Dacey,

I'm not really into drone stuff, so I'm farming the question out to a bud of mine to see what he thinks. Off the top of my head I'd recommend Goblin Cock as I think that's somewhat similar, but it's not my forte.

Acier - You like thrash and folk metal. I would recommend bands like tyr, turisas, eluveitie, gama bomb, kreator. Do you like DRI? If you do, you should probably listen to toxic holocaust immediately if not sooner.

-Jack

fruit power

• Paid
Catch all metal thread #14
folk metal???