Snakes In The Ball Pit > This Is A Thing I Made

My RPGs, let me show you them

(1/7) > >>

Neal:
I thought some of my fellow nerds might want to check out some of the tabletop games I've made. Here's a link to my DriveThruRPG storefront.

jackchick edit: fixed URL

montrith:
I support RPG innovation!

Zekka:
What does your process look like when you're developing a new game? How much do you reuse from book to book, and how much do you change every time?

Neal:
What does your process look like when you're developing a new game? How much do you reuse from book to book, and how much do you change every time?
Zekka, September 01, 2016, 12:49:21 am
--- End quote ---

Oh, hey, responses! Thank you, montrith!

Zekka: I try to change as much as possible from game to game, but if I hit on something that works, I may recycle it. The game I'm working on now has a similar task resolution system to my first game, but combined with a mechanism that started out life as the core mechanic for a game that I ultimately ended up scrapping. The two still don't mesh quite as well as I want, which is why it's still in playtesting, but the basic principle seems sound - play a card from hand, use its value to "purchase" the aspects of success you want.

Neal:
If you like Planescape, you might like the game I'm finishing up now. It's called Portal Rats, and it's an OSR love letter to my favorite 2e setting, using The Black Hack as a base with original subsystems grafted on to capture the planar flavor. It's available at my DriveThruRPG store now - check the link in the opening post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version