Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:36:18 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me  (Read 59771 times)

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #15
Where is the love for 308?

EDIT - This is post 45 I think I'll celebrate this one accordingly

and then something for fun

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:34:14 pm by Yossarian »

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #16
Back with post #308. [twerk]

Oh, did you mean its metric dimensions? Well then, let's see... OH HEY WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT seven point six two by fifty-one millimeters!

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #17
To celebrate post #454 I give you the following cartridge: the .454 Casull.

It's an extremely high-pressure round designed specifically for revolvers, and enjoys a bit of popularity for handgun hunters either going after big game or who are restricted by handgun caliber size to something over .45 (namely, rounds with a diameter greater than 0.45 inches) for hunting in their state.

Now peep two guns which shoot it. These are the major two; there are some other manufacturers out there but none of you care.

Taurus Raging Bull (on top of a Best Buy circular for Marley & Me). That porting on the size of the barrel near the muzzle isn't just for show—stand next to one of these things when they fire and you can feel the concussion blast in your sinuses.

Ruger Super Redhawk. Yeah the barrel looks retarded but it's got an unfluted cylinder and I think unfluted cylinders look awesome on revolvers.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:14:51 pm by Isfahan »

Psammetichus

• ᕕ(⊙ω⊙)ᕗ
  • Paid
  • O damn'd Sonic! O inhuman hog!
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #18
I don't know anything about bullets, but that seems like it would blow a massive hole in the deer/animal? It seems like that would ruin a lot of the meat, no? Am I totally off base?

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #19
Its preferable to something that would fragment and throw chunks of itself inside the animal, or not kill it right away like a 5.56 might. Granted that's not a round for hunting squirrels.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #20
To celebrate my 500th post, have another gun post thing. This time, of course, I'm showing you the Smith & Wesson 500.

The S&W 500 (not to be confused with the S&P 500) is a double-action revolver developed to fire the—you guessed it!—the .500 S&W Magnum cartridge! In this picture, it's the cartridge all the way on the right.

The big-game hunting variation was even used in a video game...

...that game being Resident Evil 5.

The round and the revolver both went on the market in 2003, and aside from curiosity, novelty, and the occasional moron trying to look like a badass, it hasn't made much of a splash.

This may be due to its insane recoil...

...or the fact that a single cartridge costs nearly two dollars at the cheapest...

...or that it has the nasty habit of double firing when you limp-wrist the recoil... who knows?

The important thing that it is a big gun with big bullets that make a big boom.

See you next time for post number 556!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:40:30 pm by Isfahan »

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #21
Aww yeah, another rank to retire. Thank you, Lemon, for acknowledging the inevitability of my posting accomplishments.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #22
Well done! There's another special reward if you make it to Post #999, but only if you believe... in homicide!

There may or may not be another reward for you at #666, but that's contingent on me developing the reward before you hit that post count.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #23
We need to make a "Most Time Wasted" award for Isfahan. That and come up with a special way to announce we like/hate his posts, since we can't use the normal hearts and punches anymore.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #24
Most time wasted? Hey, I'm not the one who wasted her 308th post talking about imaginary friends

instead of the glorious and praiseworthy .308 Winchester cartridge, probably the most popular and ubiquitous rifle hunting round out there.

So yeah, I bet you feel pretty silly now, huh?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #25

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #26
To commemorate my 556th post, I give you a post on the most popular modern military rifle cartridge in the world: the 5.56×45mm NATO.

man, look at all those boolets

62-grain M855 "green-tip," perfect for NATO-spec 1-in-7 twist barrels. Anything within 300 meters is gonna have a bad day!

Everything on Earth shoots this cartridge!

Okay maybe not everything, just the AR-15 family of rifles

and the British SA-80 family

and the German G36 family

and the French FAMAS

and the Israeli Galil

and the Austrian AUG

And even some AKs, holy shit

When one word comes to your mind when thinking of the five-five-six, that word is

and that is indeed 5.56 coming out of that excellent barrel.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #27
I dare you to get to 666 posts and then stop completely.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #28
I dare you to get to 666 posts and then stop completely.
montrith, April 02, 2013, 11:34:05 am

Oh yeah, I bet you'd love it if I stopped posting. Hah.

Dream on.

I'd have put the Rk 62 in the post, but... y'know. It doesn't fire the 5.56. Oh well.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:37:00 am by Isfahan »

Delcat

• Paid
All Right, Nobody Else Heart or Punch Me #29
I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind.  One, at what number of posts will you run out of gun references?  Two, how is four-ten a reference to shotguns?  When I mentioned to my psych teacher that 4'10" was my height, he immediately dubbed me "Shotgun" and refused to call me anything else, and I certainly never complained, but I never got it, either.  I would have figured it was because I'm loud and blunt, but it was specifically the height thing.