Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:35:56 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 329: Mid Riff Movies  (Read 9789 times)

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
329: Mid Riff Movies #15
Sure, but things like Rotten Tomatoes have some utility. You can compare the critical consensus versus monetary success of a film. For big blockbuster films, something critics I like don't cover a lot, I can skim over the aggregated reviews and see if the film is something I'd like to see or not. I can also point to the red tomato and convince my friends, no it looks dumb or gloomy but lots of folks enjoyed it etc.

I agree numbers don't accurately represent a subjective art form, but they are helpful for navigating a huge growing library of media that we have access to. The problem is that IMDB is run and populated by absolute gits.
Dr. Buttplug, August 03, 2020, 08:55:10 am

Yeah, that's why I said specifically for creators.  I use RT myself as a general gauge for whether I'll bother to see a  movie, same as other critic aggregator sites, but it's not useful for someone making a movie. 
Dr. Buttplug

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
329: Mid Riff Movies #16
The only abusive system in the real world is the imdb rating system.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
329: Mid Riff Movies #17
so the context for that "IF YOU DISMISS ALL WHINING FROM FETO TERRORIST ORG THIS MOVIE IS FINE" review is: it's a review for a film that appears to be propaganda for the ruling party of Turkey, which loves to blame all of its problems on either Kurds or "FETÖ", a made-up "terrorist organization" supposedly organized by a former ally of the ruling party
SHAMBA~1.SBB

three cats in a self-driving car

• Paid
  • ??? ??
329: Mid Riff Movies #18
I thought about this episode and went to have a look at the Blade Runner 2049 reviews. Somehow just starting from the top I was served up an amazing amount of horny and incel-y review.

Secret Gaygent 69 Wrought SHAMBA~1.SBB KingKalamari chai tea latte Salubrious Rex Yavuz

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
329: Mid Riff Movies #19
Almost all of those reviews read like they were written by the same guy, and I don't like that at all.
SHAMBA~1.SBB jim and the mammograms

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
329: Mid Riff Movies #20
Y'know, I wouldn't even mind the dudes crowing about the hot lady if they didn't do it from the perspective of "THIS, AND NOTHING ELSE, IS WHAT MEN WANT," not out of any kind of offense, but out of the "Someone is wrong on the internet!" reflex.
jim and the mammograms

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
329: Mid Riff Movies #21
Theres nothing better than when hollywood casts an attractive actor in a role. Can't get enough
chai tea latte

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
329: Mid Riff Movies #22
Love when a pretty woman with legs and a dog is in a movie. Other than that not so much
jim and the mammograms chai tea latte Puppy Time Wrought

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
329: Mid Riff Movies #23
Theres nothing better than when hollywood casts an attractive actor in a role. Can't get enoughAgent Coop Time!, September 21, 2020, 05:04:17 pm
They really stood up to the matriarchal Hollywood system with that choice.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Wrought

jim and the mammograms

• Paid
  • ah fuck my pun doesn't work now that i'm he/they
329: Mid Riff Movies #24
Love when a pretty woman with legs and a dog is in a movie. Other than that not so much
THE CURSE OF THE WITCH OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB, September 22, 2020, 10:59:26 am

Does the dog also have legs? This is important.

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
329: Mid Riff Movies #25
THE CURSE OF THE WITCH OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB, September 22, 2020, 10:59:26 am

This but unironically.
Great Joe Wrought