Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:35:31 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 3: Asexuals  (Read 72984 times)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 3: Asexuals #45
It just boggles my mind that some people, including MRAs and PUAs or tumblrite xsexuals (wherein x = a or demi or whatever) devote so much time to being with a pretty lady or a handsome guy. It just seems so extreme (or, perhaps, so sextreme?) a desire for achievements that will pass away immediately after your death.
Psammetichus, September 27, 2013, 04:01:23 pm

Not everyone does everything out of concern for their legacy. Sometimes it's just fun to do stuff or whatever.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Episode 3: Asexuals #46
a desire for achievements that will pass away immediately after your death
Psammetichus, September 27, 2013, 04:01:23 pm
Speak for yourself, bro. I may be a lone wanderer in the desert, but I have left a legend in my wake.
Cuddlegoose, September 27, 2013, 06:10:38 pm
It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Episode 3: Asexuals #47

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
Episode 3: Asexuals #48
I was watching star trek while trying to read that and I had to pause it because I can only handle one stream of mindless technical babble at a time. So from now on I'm going to read all the asexual posts in the voice of Geordi La Forge.

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
Episode 3: Asexuals #49
So apparently just talking to people about what you want is HARD so let's distill it all into soundbitey scripts because that's what sexual relationships are, right?
fluffy, November 17, 2013, 02:52:50 pm

So why don’t we start coming up with alternative, non-romantic gestures? Like, instead of giving someone a box of chocolates, you give them a fresh batch of cookies. Instead of dressing up fancy for a date, you dress up in ridiculous outfits or cosplay. Instead of taking them out to a candlelit dinner, you take them out to brunch with waffles and quiches. Instead of giving them a sappy love poem, you give them a poem…by Ogden Nash. (Look him up, he’s hilarious.)Quote from

The fuck? This is totally ignoring all the romantic relationships wherein people do that stuff all the damn time-- my parents go to brunch together. I bake cookies for my partner. Those are already neutral things to do with someone you generally care about.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Episode 3: Asexuals #50
It's worth reiterating that aromantic tumblr types apparently get all their ideas about what constitutes romance from sappy movies and tv commercials. Because they are like fifteen and never go outside, I assume.

Xenomantid

• Giant Martian Arthropod
  • Paid
  • Some of my best friends are spacers.
Episode 3: Asexuals #51
It's worth reiterating that aromantic tumblr types apparently get all their ideas about what constitutes romance from sappy movies and tv commercials. Because they are like fifteen and never go outside, I assume.
Runic, November 18, 2013, 08:28:27 am

Never underestimate the adults who expect life to play out according to a narrative.