Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:03:20 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: How did you find the F+?  (Read 89873 times)

Eider Duck

• Eats nothing but mussels
  • Paid
  • And has weird corkscrew genitals
How did you find the F+? #120
Oh no, do they have a plague of bullshit there as well??
Think more like north west England. People here are nice but get ready for weird experiences if you're an outsider.
nudna, January 06, 2018, 04:49:30 pm

North West? I'd have thought the West Country!

(As a another Brit, I know what you mean about weird rural stuff. I'd bet that at least one of those regulars has visited a Clootie Well in their time.)
Eider Duck, January 07, 2018, 05:57:29 am

Are you actually British? I've tried recommending a few american podcasts (mainly the f plus) to some of my english friends and the response i get is always the same old "I just can't stand the accents!".
How does this work for you?
(I also have no idea what a clootie well is)
nudna, January 07, 2018, 11:57:27 am

I'm Scottish, so close enough! I recommend certain podcasts if I think it's what my pals would be into. Do they enjoy laughing at silly internet things? I'll recommend the F Plus. It's worked okay so far!
I love the irony of a bunch of English people being puzzled by the generally north american accents of the F Plus. They're easy to understand, especially compared to the accents of alot of places on these isles. I mean this in a nice way, but if your friends can't stand the accents, they might be idiots.

(A Clootie Well is a place where people dip a bunch of cloth in a sacred stream and tie it to a branch, saying a prayer as they do so. It's a thing in parts of Scotland, Cornwall and Ireland. I can imagine fairy dust lady tying a load of cloth to a tree in this case)

nudna

• Foreign robot
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #121
Start them on an episode full of english accents, I know that helped me adjust.
moooo566, January 07, 2018, 12:30:39 pm

Hmm maybe I shouldn't have picked the kinkiest furry episode as the first one, kinda throwing them into the deep end instantly didn't work well. Should have went with something closer to home, maybe the car fetishists (?)
Dr. Buttplug

nudna

• Foreign robot
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #122
Think more like north west England. People here are nice but get ready for weird experiences if you're an outsider.

(As a another Brit, I know what you mean about weird rural stuff. I'd bet that at least one of those regulars has visited a Clootie Well in their time.)

Are you actually British? I've tried recommending a few american podcasts (mainly the f plus) to some of my english friends and the response i get is always the same old "I just can't stand the accents!".

I'm Scottish, so close enough! I recommend certain podcasts if I think it's what my pals would be into. Do they enjoy laughing at silly internet things? I'll recommend the F Plus. It's worked okay so far!
I love the irony of a bunch of English people being puzzled by the generally north american accents of the F Plus. They're easy to understand, especially compared to the accents of alot of places on these isles. I mean this in a nice way, but if your friends can't stand the accents, they might be idiots.

(A Clootie Well is a place where people dip a bunch of cloth in a sacred stream and tie it to a branch, saying a prayer as they do so. It's a thing in parts of Scotland, Cornwall and Ireland. I can imagine fairy dust lady tying a load of cloth to a tree in this case)
Eider Duck, January 07, 2018, 12:33:57 pm

Oh, they can understand the accents fine, they're just being all "Americans just sound awful, I can't stand it". Like, bruh, have you ever heard someone from Liverpool (?)

I bet you she's done that, or better yet, charges people for doing that under her guidance or some shit. She was the type, the most cunning 80 year-old I've ever seen

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
How did you find the F+? #123

I find I only find US accents annoying when they are isolated from other US accents. I mean I watch TV fine and listen to podcasts fine but then I recently flew back from the UK to Australia to see family and I heard an American family in Darling Harbour and it really annoyed me even though it shouldn't.

Maybe just ask them why they can watch TV but not listen to podcasts.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
How did you find the F+? #124
Clearly you need to tell your friends it's okay cause the Fplus does a lot of British accents and they can just listen to those episode which will not annoy them at all because they sound so authentically British.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Blandest Shell Game Yavuz Sherman Tank nudna A Whirring Bone-White Gleech bubbleuj Peartee Vinny Possum JamEngulfer blunge

nudna

• Foreign robot
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #125
It's a shame that there isn't an episode done entirely in English accents that I could subject my friends to when, for instance, we're in a car and they can't escape :(
I'm sure that would definitely make them huge F plus fans (?)

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!
How did you find the F+? #126
Clearly you need to tell your friends it's okay cause the Fplus does a lot of British accents and they can just listen to those episode which will not annoy them at all because they sound so authentically British.
montrith, April 20, 2018, 02:23:25 pm

Play them the Transformers Radio Variety Hour one so they can hear Jack Chick's glorious Rrrroyalty Voice.

That's technically a British accent, isn't it?

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
How did you find the F+? #127
It's a shame that there isn't an episode done entirely in English accents that I could subject my friends to when, for instance, we're in a car and they can't escape :(
I'm sure that would definitely make them huge F plus fans (?)
nudna, April 28, 2018, 12:37:06 pm
I feel like 156: "Auto Moronic Asphyxiation" had a lot of UK centric accents. Even a couple where they had to change to an British accent midway through reading.

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
How did you find the F+? #128
Tickle Brits and Hoop Fetish are very British episodes.

Louis Palmer

• Howdy, I'm the best
  • Paid
How did you find the F+? #129
A long time ago, Pat from the Super Best Friendcast mentioned people who thought Digimon were real, and mentioned the podcast. Listened ever since, nutzos are the world's greatest entertainment.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Shell Game GirlKisser420 Dr. Buttplug Bodark Monkey’s Paw Wish

Monkey’s Paw Wish

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #130
A long time ago, Pat from the Super Best Friendcast mentioned people who thought Digimon were real, and mentioned the podcast. Listened ever since, nutzos are the world's greatest entertainment.
Louis Palmer, July 01, 2018, 02:23:27 pm

Same here. That podcast is tied with this one for the number of titles that would be embarrassing to read over your shoulder in public.
GirlKisser420 Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Peartee

• Paid
  • "Welp"
How did you find the F+? #131
In a random 'Lou Reads the Internet for You' episode Lou offhandedly mentioned the F+, and I actually had to rewind him saying the podcast title multiple times to make sure I could search it.
Crossover between Lou Reads and F+ is almost expected, but the since I started only on gaming podcasts, I'm somehow baffled why my feed is now gaming, atrocity tourism and true crime.
I've tried other genres too, but these are the ones that actually stick, my 'happy place' if you will.
I mean I guess I'm just terrible?
SHAMBA~1.SBB Eider Duck Dr. Buttplug

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
How did you find the F+? #132
In a random 'Lou Reads the Internet for You' episode Lou offhandedly mentioned the F+, and I actually had to rewind him saying the podcast title multiple times to make sure I could search it.
Crossover between Lou Reads and F+ is almost expected, but the since I started only on gaming podcasts, I'm somehow baffled why my feed is now gaming, atrocity tourism and true crime.
I've tried other genres too, but these are the ones that actually stick, my 'happy place' if you will.
I mean I guess I'm just terrible?
Peartee, August 09, 2018, 02:50:04 am

at least you're enthusiastic about it.

Peartee

• Paid
  • "Welp"
How did you find the F+? #133
at least you're enthusiastic about it.
jack chick, August 09, 2018, 10:48:16 pm

The heart wants what it wants.
Shell Game chai tea latte GirlKisser420 Eider Duck

Manduvel

• Internet Spaceman
  • Paid
  • Mazer Ludd for Queen.
How did you find the F+? #134
My buddy Nemisissy showed me The F+ and I had to see what was going on at Ball Pit. So, here I am.
SHAMBA~1.SBB Eider Duck