Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:55:03 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: TV we've been watching lately  (Read 146062 times)

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
TV we've been watching lately #120
True Detective Season 2 and I'm not enjoying it in the slightest.

Additionally, is it wrong that I liked True Detective more when it had the possibility of a kind of "mundane supernatural" feel. That maybe the hallucinations and shit weren't quite hallucinations?

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
TV we've been watching lately #121
I have been watching sens8 and it is a hot mess, but it's an entertaining mess, which I guess is the Wachowski special?

In the episode I watched last night there was a scene where one of the main characters watching a symphony causes all of the main characters to psychically remember their births in vivid detail. It's a very, very long scene. This was about 10 minutes after a shootout. Inbetween a cop bonded with his copdad.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
TV we've been watching lately #122
True Detective Season 2 and I'm not enjoying it in the slightest.

Additionally, is it wrong that I liked True Detective more when it had the possibility of a kind of "mundane supernatural" feel. That maybe the hallucinations and shit weren't quite hallucinations?

Geremy Tibbles, July 01, 2015, 05:55:00 am
Definitely isn't wrong, but I'm still holding out hope that this season will pick up, because it hasn't been atrocious

E: I  meant isn't
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:36:44 pm by AgentCoop »

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
TV we've been watching lately #123
This show is the boringest.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
TV we've been watching lately #124
I haven't watched True Detective, but I would watch a show called False Detective about a dude pretending to be a detective and obstructing justice through his self delusion.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
TV we've been watching lately #125
I haven't watched True Detective, but I would watch a show called False Detective about a dude pretending to be a detective and obstructing justice through his self delusion.
A Meat, July 02, 2015, 05:37:18 am
watch true detective
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
TV we've been watching lately #126
Daredevil was fantastic, I can't wait for Season 2.

Season 3 of Orange is the New Black is certainly a television show. It's very enjoyable, though as far as I've gotten (like 5 episodes in) there doesn't seem to be a major conflict to drive the season forward. Hopefully that changes soon.

Really_Quite_Nice

• "Do I look like the kind of man who goes to wicked parties?"
  • Paid
  • Every time I've built character, I've regretted it
TV we've been watching lately #127
I watched the first season of True Detective and hated it. The characters were garbage, the M-Theory crap (and the brooding protagonist) were pretentious, and the show's approach to cosmic horror was botched.

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
TV we've been watching lately #128
Season 3 of Orange is the New Black is certainly a television show. It's very enjoyable, though as far as I've gotten (like 5 episodes in) there doesn't seem to be a major conflict to drive the season forward. Hopefully that changes soon.
Nikaer Drekin, July 04, 2015, 12:51:37 am

I'm closer to the end now and some of the stuff that's happening does have a little more consequence to it. Still kind of feels like a season of subplots, with the whole "prison" element feeling more like an inconvenience to the characters (in a lot of cases) than anything else.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
TV we've been watching lately #129
Nikaer Drekin, July 04, 2015, 12:51:37 am

I'm closer to the end now and some of the stuff that's happening does have a little more consequence to it. Still kind of feels like a season of subplots, with the whole "prison" element feeling more like an inconvenience to the characters (in a lot of cases) than anything else.
Nikaer Drekin, July 12, 2015, 08:40:18 pm

I WONDER IF THERE IS A MORAL HERE ABOUT SOLIDARITY AND CATHARSIS (please finish the season!)

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
TV we've been watching lately #130
I've been watching The Chris Gethard Show, the new episodes on Fusion as well as a handful of the old public access episodes on Youtube, and man I love this show so much. I can't believe none of my weirdo hipster nerd friends ever told me about this, I had to find out about it from Conan O'Brien of all people. It's everything I could ever want from a talk show. The sleep deprivation episode was beautiful.

Ambious

TV we've been watching lately #131
Finally catching up on Parks and Recreations.
It starts a bit slow which is why I couldn't connect to it at first, but I gave it another chance and I'm glad that I did.

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
TV we've been watching lately #132
Married at First Sight is the most awkward thing I've ever seen.

Really_Quite_Nice

• "Do I look like the kind of man who goes to wicked parties?"
  • Paid
  • Every time I've built character, I've regretted it
TV we've been watching lately #133
Finally catching up on Parks and Recreations.
It starts a bit slow which is why I couldn't connect to it at first, but I gave it another chance and I'm glad that I did.
Ambious, July 15, 2015, 04:15:51 am

The first season of Parks and Rec is basically a spin-off of The Office.

Parks and Rec is a great show for lazy-weekend binge watching.

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #134
Don't know if anyone caught Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell when it was last on nearly 2 years ago (hurray Adult Swim scheduling), but the second season has been pretty great. It's pretty obvious they were given a bigger budget to work with and they ran with it. The episode with Jack McBrayer as a shoulder angel is my favorite so far.