Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:29:31 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Anyone watch Adventure Time?  (Read 7097 times)

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Anyone watch Adventure Time?
Of course, everyone here does.

Anyone else see the David OReilly episode, "A Glitch is a Glitch?"

Was anyone else expecting Cartoon Network to NOT let him do his usual brilliant WTF-ful insanity?

Holy SHIT, that episode was beautiful and disturbing and brilliant.

Delcat

• Paid
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #1
I'm just getting into it now that it's on Netflix and I can devote my full attention to it.  Embarrassing, I know.  But glorious.

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #2
glitch is a glitch was leaked sometime last week, so if you don't have CN it shouldn't be hard to find it

but yeah that ep was pretty spectacular. i haven't really been sold on this last season (i'm hoping it was just one of the writers who is now gone) but glitch was A+ splendid stuff.

i especially loved that the 'scene glitching' looked you know. like actual glitched video files. i have a soft spot for found footage horror movies and those always include really terrible fake looking 'glitches' so it was just really refreshing to see someone do it correctly. i dunno the whole ep was just genuinely fun.

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #3
I saw an episode in passing, seemed alright.

Recently I heard Henry Rollins talk about it, and that was weird.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #4
That does seem an odd topic for Henry Rollins. In what context did he mention it?

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #5
glitch is a glitch was leaked sometime last week, so if you don't have CN it shouldn't be hard to find it

but yeah that ep was pretty spectacular. i haven't really been sold on this last season (i'm hoping it was just one of the writers who is now gone) but glitch was A+ splendid stuff.

i especially loved that the 'scene glitching' looked you know. like actual glitched video files. i have a soft spot for found footage horror movies and those always include really terrible fake looking 'glitches' so it was just really refreshing to see someone do it correctly. i dunno the whole ep was just genuinely fun.
icarus, April 02, 2013, 07:46:42 am
It's actually got surprisingly few torrents. I suspect that a lot of people just think that their captures and/or encodes are corrupt. It's awesome.

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #6
That does seem an odd topic for Henry Rollins. In what context did he mention it?
Isfahan, April 02, 2013, 09:43:34 am

He was talking about voice work he'd done on a podcast and the subject of Adventure Time came up and he just talked shortly about how he thought it was brilliant.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #7
Rollins has been in the show; he played Lady Rainicorn's dad's translator box and also had a brief cameo in another episode.

Adventure Time has gotten some pretty surprising voice actors.  Weird Al didn't sound at all like how you'd expect Weird Al to sound in an Adventure Time episode, for example.  Neil Patrick Harris and George Takei do play to their type though.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #8
Given their obsession with boxes, I like to think that the cats in the latest episode are all the super-intelligent post-apocolyptic descendents of Maru.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #9
Rollins has been in the show; he played Lady Rainicorn's dad's translator box and also had a brief cameo in another episode.

Adventure Time has gotten some pretty surprising voice actors.  Weird Al didn't sound at all like how you'd expect Weird Al to sound in an Adventure Time episode, for example.  Neil Patrick Harris and George Takei do play to their type though.
fluffy, April 02, 2013, 12:18:27 pm
Mark Hamill's also been in it as a gross blob of demotivational goo. I don't remember the entire episode, mostly just him laughing darkly and saying the word "vomit" as he vanished.

God bless this weird-ass show.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #10
So I've been pretty disappointed with the second half of Season 5 - some good episodes (like the cat in a box) but it's mostly tepid and there's been a few giant turds (like Sky Witch).

Fortunately, season 2 of Bravest Warriors just started.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #11
Well holy shit, that just happened.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #12
So, do I really need to get around to watching the S6 premiere?

The ending arc of S5 was interesting but annoying and it seemed like it could go really well or really poorly. Guess I'll find out which one it is.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #13
I actually haven't kept up with AT in ages but I'm supremely excited about this new episode that was written and directed by Masaaki Yuasa, who's created some really mindblowingly gorgeous animated works such as Kaiba and Mind Game. The episode preview reminds me a lot of a short film he did called Happy Machine, which was also about the cycle of life in a way.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Anyone watch Adventure Time? #14
Oh hey, the season premiere is available for free on Amazon.

And uh.

Wow, so that just happened.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:52:38 pm by fluffy »