Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:52:15 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: This is an actual movie somebody made  (Read 3600 times)

Ambious

This is an actual movie somebody made
Look Who’s Back
Plot: Adolf Hitler wakes up to find himself in the 21st century. From there he pursues a career as a standup comedian.

SatanInAZootSuit

• This Guy
  • Paid
  • I am become death, destroyer of threads.
This is an actual movie somebody made #1
I can imagine some humor coming from it, but it's also a terrible terrible idea

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
This is an actual movie somebody made #2
"All the dancing Hitler's can leave, this role is for joke telling Hitler's only"
chai tea latte

Ambious

This is an actual movie somebody made #3
Here's the trailer(s):

Edit: Ok I take it back, this looks amazing
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:20:43 pm by Ambious »

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
This is an actual movie somebody made #4
according to wikipedia the book was good!

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
This is an actual movie somebody made #5
Look Who’s Back
Plot: Adolf Hitler wakes up to find himself in the 21st century. From there he pursues a career as a standup comedian.
Ambious, April 01, 2016, 02:06:19 pm

Granted, this isn't the weirdest plot I've heard about involving Hitler.

eldritchhat

• Lady of Calamaris
  • Paid
  • Card Carrying Boobgeoisie
This is an actual movie somebody made #6
I just watched this movie on Netflix, and it was surprisingly good!

It's a satire of modern German politics (and, by extension, the politics of the world) and it is surprisingly very well done. It goes into topics such as austerity, the underlying nationalist sympathies of many people, and the lack of perspective most people have on the topics of race. It brings a comedic perspective, but still treats the fact that fascism is not actually eliminated within the world with a surprising amount of seriousness.

Early on in the film, there is a scene that starts humorous, but is left by itself half way through to show you just how disgusting this situation is. A German futball team starts chanting about their love of Germany, and a young anarchist walks into the scene from a nearby college campus. The team starts to push the kid around and the actor pretending to be Hitler eggs them on, and they begin to chant about hanging him. The silly music cuts out, and for a few moments you just watch this person being assaulted and pushed to the ground. It is surprisingly effective.

I'd say the biggest message in the film is that the 'youtube generation,' as some would phrase it, is more interested in an 'edgy' and powerful personality more than actual political substance. It proposes that, with what we've seen in our culture as of now, it is not at all a strange idea to think that Hitler would become a popular star on youtube and in the media. Anyone who could possibly complain about this (non-white people) that actually appear in the movie, they just stand around awkwardly because they're too afraid to say anything, because they are surrounded by a nominally white nation that obviously resents their existence. Anyone who does try to criticize him is shouted down as 'left-liberal radicals,' and he is allowed to spread his message though comedy because people do not like to think that media can affect their view of the world.

I definitely recommend it.
Ashto Mu. McShrimpsky Maxine Headroom CormansInferno jorty Kaleidoscope
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:38:36 am by eldritchhat »

Mu.

• Paid
This is an actual movie somebody made #7
Thanks for the review. Been meaning to watch this, heard good things. Has anyone read the book? I was thinking of picking it up, might read it before the watching the film.