Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:45 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 195: Heaven And Urth  (Read 20115 times)

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
195: Heaven And Urth #15
This guy spews insanity buzzwords as fast as Kitchen I think.

I think at this stage we've progressed to the point where Joan Ocean isn't really that crazy any more.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
195: Heaven And Urth #16
This person seems to have a relatively large vocabulary and better grasp of the English language than most subjects of the podcast.

That honestly makes me kind of happy.
A Meat, November 23, 2015, 08:42:09 am

Yeah but his sanity is right down there with Joan Ocean and Dr. Rev. John Kitchin.
Gyro, November 23, 2015, 09:56:52 am

I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone rivals Kitchin.
Ambious, November 23, 2015, 10:13:46 am

Kitchin was at least reasonably comprehensible. His beliefs were completely insane but he expressed them in a relatively clear way. This guy, on the other hand, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about.

Joan Ocean now strikes me as less crazy and more incredibly gullible.

Dirk Dammit

• Paid
195: Heaven And Urth #17
When you guys said conscious birth I honestly thought he meant that the BABY would be made conscious.

QueenSyreen

• Unsurprised, yet Disappointed
  • Paid
  • very very strongly pro-vaxx
195: Heaven And Urth #18
Hey I haven't finished the episode yet but I'm here to tell you you're fucking morons https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agape

Agape, an actual Greek word, actually does refer to another meaning of 'love' and you all need to go to church
Nifty Nif

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
195: Heaven And Urth #19
Hey I haven't finished the episode yet but I'm here to tell you you're fucking morons https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agape

Agape, an actual Greek word, actually does refer to another meaning of 'love' and you all need to go to church
QueenSyreen, November 24, 2015, 06:45:41 pm

#Gape4God

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
195: Heaven And Urth #20
There should be a "hadron collider" tag.

Neal

195: Heaven And Urth #21

This is one of those moments in which I really wish Toast had been on the show. He'd have known that.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
195: Heaven And Urth #22

Agapé!

I knew of the word. I also knew that, as an English speaker, if you don't want people to think you're talking about something being wide open, you'd best put that acute accent mark over the E. When Lemon pronounced it the way he did, he effectively conveyed that the accent mark was not present in the text.

QueenSyreen

• Unsurprised, yet Disappointed
  • Paid
  • very very strongly pro-vaxx
195: Heaven And Urth #23
I retract my previous statement. Everyone but Isfahan, go to church.

(I don't expect people to use Greek accents in English text but hell, maybe I should.)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
195: Heaven And Urth #24
The English language has tried its hardest to get rid of accent marks by allowing vowel sounds to be altered through the use of things like silent vowels (e.g. a silent E on the end of "bar" changes the pronunciation of the A sound in "bare"), but knowing why they exist is handy for when you encounter loan-words from other languages like French and Greek. For example, in an English reading, the acute accent turns the neutral or silent reading of E into a long A sound. I don't know how it works for other languages, but that's what it does for English marking.

One of our schticks on the podcast is that we generally read what's written as it's been spelled, and since "agape" is its own word in English, Lemon did the same thing I would have done, even knowing what "agapé" is.

(Unless the accent mark actually was in the text and Lemon didn't read it right, in which case he was totally wrong to do that and shame on him!)

SatanInAZootSuit

• This Guy
  • Paid
  • I am become death, destroyer of threads.
195: Heaven And Urth #25
Agape language stuff aside, I really want to play these. I'm really tempted to buy the complete pack, but I don't want to give this guy my address.

Cyberventurer

• Smoke-Free
  • Paid
195: Heaven And Urth #26
I was curious so I checked out the guy's site, which looks exactly like you'd think this kind of site would, and he really does spell it "agape" without an accent mark.

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
195: Heaven And Urth #27
I was curious so I checked out the guy's site, which looks exactly like you'd think this kind of site would, and he really does spell it "agape" without an accent mark.
Cyberventurer, December 01, 2015, 11:25:55 pm

BECAUSE HE SUDDENLY FOUND HIMSELF SITTING AROUND IN THE 21ST CENTURY ALL OF A SUDDEN.
chai tea latte

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
195: Heaven And Urth #28
Cyberventurer, December 01, 2015, 11:25:55 pm

BECAUSE HE SUDDENLY FOUND HIMSELF SITTING AROUND IN THE 21ST CENTURY ALL OF A SUDDEN.
Spacebat, December 02, 2015, 12:17:52 am
I'm still not sure this part was meant to be him bitching about old-fashioned people. Are we sure he doesn't think he did time travel at some point? Or alternatively, are we sure he isn't a for-real time traveller? Because them being a time-traveller would probably explain a lot about orb design.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
195: Heaven And Urth #29
Of course he didn't time travel. Who do you think he is, Dr. Fred Bell?