Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:51:45 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The FPlus fanfic!  (Read 21015 times)

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
The FPlus fanfic! #15
And I just found it...

Intro by Max Payne, apparently...

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
The FPlus fanfic! #16
On the plus side:
"Ja! I know very well! Portal is danube in Berlin!" Hans said, "Danube across all states of Germany, danube through the walls. Brandenburg danube!
The only disappointing thing about this is that they don't danube through A HUGE BANANA FOREST

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
The FPlus fanfic! #17
That'd be too on-the-nose. Good writing is all about toying with your expectations.

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
The FPlus fanfic! #18
Trigger Warning: mild spoilers, implications, fighting monsters, staring into the abyss, opinions about poorly written smut

The terrible fanfic not linked in the OP doesn't really seem like a fanfic so much as a series of vignettes.  I do like the implication that Lemon would just tell Boots to read the entirety of Time Cube, though.  Upset that it isn't Tim Tebow that is Bunnybread's waifu.  Also upset at generic bird feathers instead of a goose's neck.

Legit upset instead of faux upset at the Lou part of the fanfic.

Basically, don't read it.  Not because it's gross.  It just kind of sucks.  Not even an ounce of ironic charm.  Certainly no Wesley Crusher, Teenage Fuck Machine.  Repetitive and trite.

nilvoid

• FUCK COMPOSE FUCK MELODY
  • Paid
  • DEDICATED TO NO ONE THANKS TO NO ONE ART IS OVER
The FPlus fanfic! #19
:(
Alpha Starsquatch Adam Bozarth Goose Goose Honk At Me Now Clockderp

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
The FPlus fanfic! #20
Trigger Warning: mild spoilers, implications, fighting monsters, staring into the abyss, opinions about poorly written smut

The terrible fanfic not linked in the OP doesn't really seem like a fanfic so much as a series of vignettes.  I do like the implication that Lemon would just tell Boots to read the entirety of Time Cube, though.  Upset that it isn't Tim Tebow that is Bunnybread's waifu.  Also upset at generic bird feathers instead of a goose's neck.

Legit upset instead of faux upset at the Lou part of the fanfic.

Basically, don't read it.  Not because it's gross.  It just kind of sucks.  Not even an ounce of ironic charm.  Certainly no Wesley Crusher, Teenage Fuck Machine.  Repetitive and trite.
RedMinjo, September 11, 2013, 10:29:55 pm

I was mostly surprised at how accurate it was for me.

advancedclass

• Paid
The FPlus fanfic! #21
So at some point should we expect an episode of The F Plus reads about The F Plus, or will that be saved for a future F Plus Live that will never be recorded, lest it encourage this sort of thing?

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
The FPlus fanfic! #22
I'd rather read something someone wrote because they independently wanted to write it, not because they think someone might be watching. All reading this in an episode would do is send the message "hey, write an F+ fanfic and we will give you free publicity!"

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
The FPlus fanfic! #23
Yeah, I'm going to repeat what I said to Acier earlier. That fanfic is pretty much "Hey, I'm writing gross stuff about you, Fplus people! Please pay attention to me!"

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
The FPlus fanfic! #24
So at some point should we expect an episode of The F Plus reads about The F Plus, or will that be saved for a future F Plus Live that will never be recorded, lest it encourage this sort of thing?
advancedclass, September 11, 2013, 11:12:06 pm

No.  Never.  Not even ironically.

People writing about the F+ just so the F+ people make readings of it?  That's some bizarre circlejerk terrain that makes me wonder if people understand what the hell is even going on.

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
The FPlus fanfic! #25
I wish I had a silly internet name now.

(and that the author wasn't so correct)

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
The FPlus fanfic! #26
Besides this is all so wrong. Everyone knows the OTP in the F+ fandom is toast/jimmyfranks

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
The FPlus fanfic! #27
I thought the fandom OTP was two Jimmyfranks making out while talking about their glasses.

Edit: also, in response to Acier I was actually under the impression that the nasty one was written by someone as a passive aggressive way of insulting the F+ because you guys made fun of something they like.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:05:44 am by Al »

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
The FPlus fanfic! #28
No.  Never.  Not even ironically.

People writing about the F+ just so the F+ people make readings of it?  That's some bizarre circlejerk terrain that makes me wonder if people understand what the hell is even going on.
Acierocolotl, September 12, 2013, 12:31:17 am

1) There's a nicer way of saying this
2) I don't agree with you

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
The FPlus fanfic! #29
1) There's a nicer way of saying this
2) I don't agree with you
Boots Raingear, September 12, 2013, 07:22:15 am

Okay, how about, "I refuse to participate in fanfic readings where my only presence is a single line where I protest that I am not a gray dog."

I may have been in a bit of a surly mood last night.