Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:45 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Stumbling across old F+ subjects in my daily life  (Read 133008 times)

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
Just wondering how much this has happened to everyone else. I've been spending more time looking into mental health matters online, and I'm kind of amused/bewildered whenever I stumble across websites that the F+ has done episodes on before. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, given that the people who submitted said episodes had to have found them somewhere, but it's been kind of surreal to turn up results from Experience Project, Daily Strength, and Above Top Secret of all things in the course of one or two related google searches. I guess the upside of there having been episodes on these things is the fact that I now know better than to turn to them for advice, but it's still kind of funny.

So, weigh in: have any of you accidentally bumped into old subjects while looking for or doing something unrelated to the F+?

advancedclass

• Paid
Walking home and doing a double-take when seeing, alongside posters for upcoming bands and shows, an "awareness" poster discouraging women from being one of those women who ruins the legal system and men's careers by filing rape charges after they've "regretted" a one-night stand.

From A Voice For Men of course. So much more infuriating to encounter in public than via the comforting mockery of the F Plus.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Every fucking search I make brings out results from Experience Project. Then again, I do search for stuff like "people who are in love with Godzilla". Sometimes making Fplus docs is its own reward.
slandersonn hautecouture

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Every fucking search I make brings out results from Experience Project. Then again, I do search for stuff like "people who are in love with Godzilla". Sometimes making Fplus docs is its own reward.
montrith, January 28, 2014, 09:25:11 am

I'd always thought Gamera was a better spousal candidate.
Sherman Tank

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
I've more or less given up on keeping up a lot of animation news, since Cartoon Brew and its goofy-ass opinions come up way too often. If it's not Cartoon Brew then it'll be a site that acts just like it. If it's not a site, it'll be a PERSON who acts just like them. A couple of years ago I was talking to a cartoonist-type-guy who said "oh yeah, I met Doug TenNapel a while back! Fun guy!" At that point he immediately rolled his eyes because he knew how I felt about that asshole, and said "yeah, yeah, I know, different political opinions and all but still, great guy, fun to be around!" The tone of his voice suggested that I was being the unreasonable one here. If anyone's wondering, reducing something like "gay marriage is the same as bestiality!!! ZING!" to "differing political opinions" just because you like a dude's art and he has a wacky, fun persona is absolutely something that cartoonists do all the goddamned time. In the past people have also linked me to John K's blog for "animation tips" even though his blog is so batshit that we had to cut 40 fucking minutes of his ramblings out of that episode. They always say "yeah he's weird BUT HE MAKES SOME GOOD POINTS ABOUT MAKING GOOD CARTOONS!!" which I heartily disagree with, because the man is just incoherent.

Unfortunately I've ended up with kind of the reverse problem. I'll look at a site for potential episode material, only to find people I know of on said sites. Thankfully I haven't found any actual friends on such websites, only vague internet acquaintances. But someone will show me something Tumblr SJ-esque*, and I'll read through it thinking "oh good, this is a hilarious post about how Bugs Bunny was clearly consciously SMASHING THE BINARY whenever he'd dress in drag and how it's the most inspiring thing ever and how the WB animators were clearly SJWs themselves and--oh god, really? Dude, THIS PERSON agrees with this?? Oh god, get some new friends, buddy :("

* Incidentally I'd like more hilarious Tumblr SJW stuff if anyone has any. I'd want a wide variety of crazy though, not just "you know _______? It's PROBLEMATIC! THE END!"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:43:22 pm by portaxx »

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
I see Fred bottled water at the grocery store. I guess it was always there, but I never noticed it (him?) until after I listened to the bottled water ep.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
I see Fred bottled water at the grocery store. I guess it was always there, but I never noticed it (him?) until after I listened to the bottled water ep.
Garbage Dacey, January 28, 2014, 08:44:14 pm
Fred now makes a wide variety of novelty drinking glasses and ice trays... I hope they spontaneously combust if you fill them with tap water.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
While my best bread pudding recipe comes from allrecipes.com, every so often I face the temptation to enter in search terms like "sprite" or "cheetos".

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
While my best bread pudding recipe comes from allrecipes.com, every so often I face the temptation to enter in search terms like "sprite" or "cheetos".
Cuddlesquid, January 29, 2014, 12:40:44 am

That's only natural. Some of the best F+ content comes from the allrecipes.com episodes.
chai tea latte One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Cuddlesquid, January 29, 2014, 12:40:44 am

The tater tots ingredient search was the funniest when we dredged content for the original episode.

Oh and when we found whatever the sanitized version of 'cool whip' was.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
My city is bland, staid, and boring, so I haven't had anything from The F Plus bleed over into real life experiences.

I think I'm the most F Plus-y thing in the city, really.
Boots Raingear

slandersonn

• Paid
I noticed a girl at my college with a button I recognized as the demisexual pride flag on her backpack the other day. I've never had to interact with her thankfully.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
I was trawling through Amazon and what should I find but a biography (I think) of the man who taught the world to fuck, Jamie Gillis. Sadly, it was not part of the Buttman Remembers series.

Schumin Capote

• Paid
  • Nice to see you, to see you nice.
I've done onsite tech support for someone who I am 90% sure is an adult baby and I used to work at an academic library where I dealt with everything from masturbating transsexuals, to three different foot fetishists, to hobos fighting in the library, and all sorts of other crazy shit. I miss that job because no matter how depraved or weird you thought people were, someone would always surprise you with something new and horrible that you had never thought of before.

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
We recently hired two new nurses in my research office. One of them chews ice occasionally (fully aware it's because of anemia), and the other gets all her recipe ideas from allrecipes. I asked jokingly if she'd ever heard of Taco In A Bag, and I swear to god, she beamed at me and said "oh, that recipe is just delicious, isn't it?" She isn't near as corpulent as you might think, but she's every bit as white and suburban housewife-y as you're probably imagining.

It threw me for such a loop when the first lady went on for a good minute about the benefits of white ice over clear ice.