Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:07 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 329: Mid Riff Movies  (Read 9786 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
329: Mid Riff Movies
Mix Secret Gaygent 69 Wrought chai tea latte GirlKisser420 alqemizzy Puppy Time Dr. Buttplug Shell Game Hux

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
  • Intelligent Doggie Tracking System
329: Mid Riff Movies #1
I'm really enjoying the Fuck Shit Stack era of the F Plus.
Secret Gaygent 69 Lemon chai tea latte Immoral Filth Spenny Shell Game

Secret Gaygent 69

• Paid
329: Mid Riff Movies #2
I really appreciate that you are putting out weekly episodes!

It's bizarre how many people think there must be a conspiracy for these movies to be so popular or unpopular. They just are incapable of fathoming people legitimately disagreeing with them.

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
329: Mid Riff Movies #3
10 star reviews of disliked movies: bro it's fine just turn off my brain lol. it's ok just watch it it's all good. it's just a fun movie guys
1 star reviews of beloved movies: I cannot turn my brain off and it's gonna be everyone's problem
GirlKisser420 Boots Raingear Down10 Penultimatum adrenochrome dome Spenny

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
329: Mid Riff Movies #4
Props to Bozarth for the cover concept and execution, by the way.
Secret Gaygent 69 Boots Raingear The Smoking Dad Dr. Buttplug

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
329: Mid Riff Movies #5
“Blood, breasts, and beasts” are the Three Bs of drive-in cinema, as explained by author Joe Bob Briggs.
Tenerence

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid
329: Mid Riff Movies #6
I miss going out to movies. :(
Diploskull Seth "Slimy" Rollins Dr. Buttplug

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
329: Mid Riff Movies #7
a real scene from son of the mask, presented without comment
NSFW content. Click to show.
adrenochrome dome Dr. Buttplug Tenerence

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
329: Mid Riff Movies #8
how can people be so bad at consuming media, this is yet another reason America is doomed

also Britain, but that's obvious

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
329: Mid Riff Movies #9
a real scene from son of the mask, presented without comment
NSFW content. Click to show.
A Meat, August 02, 2020, 01:36:56 am

So is that kid the wolf or the eight-legged horse?
Dr. Buttplug znarf

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
329: Mid Riff Movies #10
This is exactly why everyone I know who went to film school ignores rhe IMDB ratings system. They all use it for posting their projects and cast info, but even that sucks because they make the format of the website worse every six months or so.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
329: Mid Riff Movies #11
In these troubling times it's so nice to see a truly authentic Kumquatxop experience.

LIBERAL BRAINWASHING!!!!
Seth "Slimy" Rollins Dr. Buttplug chai tea latte adrenochrome dome

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
329: Mid Riff Movies #12
Adam Bozarth Dr. Buttplug

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
329: Mid Riff Movies #13
This is exactly why everyone I know who went to film school ignores rhe IMDB ratings system. They all use it for posting their projects and cast info, but even that sucks because they make the format of the website worse every six months or so.
Dr. Buttplug, August 02, 2020, 10:22:35 am

The longer I live, the more I'm convinced that there's no reason for creators to look at any kind of ratings score.  At most, just find some critics/other people whose opinions you trust and follow them.

Numerical scores suck for creative works in general because there's no real sense of calibration and "this is middle of the road mediocre" can easily net the same score as "this is written amazingly but the sets are made of cardboard and the steadicam was broken."
Seth "Slimy" Rollins Deep 13

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
329: Mid Riff Movies #14
Dr. Buttplug, August 02, 2020, 10:22:35 am

The longer I live, the more I'm convinced that there's no reason for creators to look at any kind of ratings score.  At most, just find some critics/other people whose opinions you trust and follow them.

Numerical scores suck for creative works in general because there's no real sense of calibration and "this is middle of the road mediocre" can easily net the same score as "this is written amazingly but the sets are made of cardboard and the steadicam was broken."
Puppy Time, August 02, 2020, 10:22:20 pm

Sure, but things like Rotten Tomatoes have some utility. You can compare the critical consensus versus monetary success of a film. For big blockbuster films, something critics I like don't cover a lot, I can skim over the aggregated reviews and see if the film is something I'd like to see or not. I can also point to the red tomato and convince my friends, no it looks dumb or gloomy but lots of folks enjoyed it etc.

I agree numbers don't accurately represent a subjective art form, but they are helpful for navigating a huge growing library of media that we have access to. The problem is that IMDB is run and populated by absolute gits.