Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:10 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 165054 times)

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Good, bad, or soul crushing- Anime has a lot to offer. I'm interested in seeing what the ballp.it thinks of the animoos.

I just watched the first season of Sword Art Online for an article, and boy howdy, that show is a thing. For the first half, it lies stranded in a field of storytelling incompetency for a majority, occasionally venturing out into the realm of good. But man, that second half is rough. It gets rapey, fetishistic, and no characters make any goddamn sense.

SHAMELESS SELF-PLUG: If anyone is interested, I review horrible animes and get angry. Here's one.
(Just PM me if this plug is not cool, I'll remove it. Just thought it falls into our collective wheelhouse.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:47:41 pm by FattyBoBatty »

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
SAO is shit.  Watch Ping Pong: The Animation, New Sailor Moon and JoJo instead.

Fatty Bo Batty

• Paid
JoJo Smoking Crow, July 07, 2014, 05:35:36 pm

DIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And yeah, I had polarized reviews going into SAO, so I figured it would be a interesting choice to dissect.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:41:27 pm by FattyBoBatty »

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
JoJo Smoking Crow, July 07, 2014, 05:35:36 pm

DIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And yeah, I had polarized reviews going into SAO, so I figured it would be a interesting choice to dissect.
FattyBoBatty, July 07, 2014, 05:39:24 pm

All you need to dissect it is "I could feel my hot sperm gushing deep into Asuna as she trembled in yet another climax. Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna. Every time my penis twitched, fireworks would go off in my head."

chai tea latte

Fatty Bo Batty

• Paid
All you need to dissect it is "I could feel my hot sperm gushing deep into Asuna as she trembled in yet another climax. Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna. Every time my penis twitched, fireworks would go off in my head."
Smoking Crow, July 07, 2014, 05:46:06 pm
I'm smart enough to NOT ask for context.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
FattyBoBatty, July 07, 2014, 05:49:37 pm

That's the SAO light novel.  The thing the anime is based on lmao
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:59:47 pm by Smoking Crow »

Fatty Bo Batty

• Paid
I'm genuinely glad they didn't stick to the books then.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.

Smoking Crow, July 07, 2014, 05:52:45 pm

ahahaha beautiful

also please tell me which anime is the best to watch for hipsterdom points, tia

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked

Smoking Crow, July 07, 2014, 05:52:45 pm

ahahaha beautiful

also please tell me which anime is the best to watch for hipsterdom points, tia
kal-elk, July 07, 2014, 06:31:50 pm

k-on!

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
fucking sweet, i've been meaning to watch k-on!.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
fucking sweet, i've been meaning to watch k-on!.
kal-elk, July 07, 2014, 06:39:40 pm

i recommended it bc i saw a ritsu poster in an anamanaguchi video once lol

chai tea latte

• Paid
Smoking Crow, July 07, 2014, 06:45:20 pm
i still don't know what voice to read synthy's posts in so it's been on my mind for a while. it seems cute (?)

VV thank
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:49:16 pm by kal-elk »

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Smoking Crow, July 07, 2014, 06:45:20 pm
i still don't know what voice to read synthy's posts in so it's been on my mind for a while. it seems cute (?)
kal-elk, July 07, 2014, 06:46:32 pm

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
k-on to my knowledge is one of the better "cute girls doing shit" series and has some genuinely good stuff about their friendships in it. unfortunately it's also kind of considered one of the starting points of the horrible trend of "cute girls doing shit" shows that get super creepy and fetishistic. Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star are also "cute girls doing shit" shows with genuinely good points and genuinely funny stuff in them that unfortunately helped spawn the genre.

If you're going for hipster cred, I'd recommend Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, and Paranoia Agent. All of them are excellent in terms of animation and writing, although the original series of GITS suffers from "main female character wears sexy clothing for no point but audience titillation all the time", which can easily be blamed on the the fact that it's based on a manga by Masamune Shirow, who is an excellent comic artist but can only draw and write 2-3 kinds of women at max. Bebop kind of falls into this category too but it actually fits in with Faye's character that she dresses the way she does.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
k-on to my knowledge is one of the better "cute girls doing shit" series and has some genuinely good stuff about their friendships in it. unfortunately it's also kind of considered one of the starting points of the horrible trend of "cute girls doing shit" shows that get super creepy and fetishistic. Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star are also "cute girls doing shit" shows with genuinely good points and genuinely funny stuff in them that unfortunately helped spawn the genre.

If you're going for hipster cred, I'd recommend Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, and Paranoia Agent. All of them are excellent in terms of animation and writing, although the original series of GITS suffers from "main female character wears sexy clothing for no point but audience titillation all the time", which can easily be blamed on the the fact that it's based on a manga by Masamune Shirow, who is an excellent comic artist but can only draw and write 2-3 kinds of women at max. Bebop kind of falls into this category too but it actually fits in with Faye's character that she dresses the way she does.
Tiny Prancer, July 07, 2014, 07:03:28 pm

haha that's all basic shit

that's as hipster as liking nickelback