Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:02:56 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 79 - Amber is the Color of Your Energy Drink  (Read 12443 times)

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Mix chai tea latte GirlKisser420

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
ok well since SHELL wont share the image, I'll do it- here's a photo of the drink concoction referred to as the Heart Stopper (do not click until you have listened to what this is in the episode):

NSFW content. Click to show.

edit: its in the show notes now but honestly i feel like everyone should have to witness this monstrocity in some form
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:51:08 am by Mix »

Shell Game

• Paid
Y'all have no sense of suspense.

Also dear The F Plus: you're welcome for not forwarding this abomination of a recipe to Neal.
Mix
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:16:14 am by Shell Game »

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
That canned parenthood joke was a work of art. It was a miracle. It was everything.
Shell Game Salubrious Rex

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I used to abuse caffeine pills and these guys are regularly getting more caffeine than I did then. That can't be healthy!

KendrickLobstar

• Paid
  • 69 year old father to a bunch of shit goth sons
as a 1-3 can a week energy drink user, I’m glad to finally hear an episode for guys like me!

at the peak of my 30-hour police workdays 2-3 Monster Energy cans per shift was my go to, until one of my younger soldiers had 4 of those huge double-sized screw top ones in a single work shift and his heart gave out
Ugly In The Morning Lemon Salubrious Rex
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 02:14:39 pm by KendrickLobstar »

Shell Game

• Paid
as a 1-3 can a week energy drink user, I’m glad to finally hear an episode for guys like me!

at the peak of my 30-hour police workdays 2-3 Monster Energy cans per shift was my go to, until one of my younger soldiers had 4 of those huge double-sized screw top ones in a single work shift and his heart gave out
KendrickLobstar, November 08, 2019, 02:07:54 pm
Shoulda added a minty shot of ol' reliable.

Ugly In The Morning

• Paid

KendrickLobstar, November 08, 2019, 02:07:54 pm
I usually do 2-3 in a 10 hour shift working safety. I thought that was a bit much but at least I see it as something to keep me conscious on a long day and not a weird lifestyle thing.

Shell Game

• Paid
I think we all wound up talking about "our first time" after the recording. The first energy drink i had was for my cashier job on black Friday. They scheduled me from 5a to 1p but they insisted everyone get there by 4:30 to be briefed on the upcoming day. I normally worked nights so I absolutely could not get to sleep at a reasonable time. I resolved to stay up and power through. A coworker saw i was a wreck and showed me the contents of her jacket pocket, four energy drinks. I don't remember what kind. Anyway she gave me one and it definitely helped me uh. Wake up. I was bouncing off the walls,  speedtalking, filled a LOT of bags.  I should mention i was 5'10" and 120lbs back then so there wasn't much me for it to go through. I ended up staying until 6pm anyway.

There wasn't really a reason to tell this story and it's not that interesting. I guess really the point I'm trying to make is it's gross that people have to work so much they are compelled to drink giant quantities of this stuff.

Eta: i don't drink them anymore. Did for awhile.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 02:27:16 pm by Shell Game »

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I've never had an energy drink, goodbye!

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
ive mentioned this before but i have a condition where caffeine in higher doses has the opposite effect on me (stuff like soda/coffee is fine but higher doses like 5hr energy or most types of monster are a risk; for context, i've legitimately passed out from accidentally chewing caffeine gum before), so I've basically completely avoided any kind of energy drink so I don't have a similar effect happen

which made making this doc a very interesting experience taking that into consideration

Monkey’s Paw Wish

• Paid
I think there would be some value in a "Fake Energy Drink Names Make Me Giggle" thread.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Shell Game

Shell Game

• Paid
I think there would be some value in a "Fake Energy Drink Names Make Me Giggle" thread.
Spontificus, November 19, 2019, 12:23:21 pm
Ear Ringer
Graveyard
Ball Bustin' Blue
Areola of Effect, the official energy drink of loverslab.
Monkey’s Paw Wish

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Spontificus, November 19, 2019, 12:23:21 pm
Buzzd logo of which looks like an absolutely anabolic barry bonds ass bee

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
ARSENIC
Shell Game Monkey’s Paw Wish Salubrious Rex