Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:40:47 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: TV we've been watching lately  (Read 147436 times)

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #210
I've been watching Stranger Things and everyone else must watch it because it's fantastic
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop NutshellGulag Gyro Celebeast

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #211
I've been watching Stranger Things and everyone else must watch it because it's fantastic
Kaleidoscope, September 04, 2016, 12:17:22 pm

I just marathonned all of Season 1 of Stranger Things with my dad and it is FUCKING GREAT.

I want this soundtrack now.

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #212
Kaleidoscope, September 04, 2016, 12:17:22 pm

I just marathonned all of Season 1 of Stranger Things with my dad and it is FUCKING GREAT.

I want this soundtrack now.
Gyro, September 04, 2016, 08:33:46 pm
Me too.

It sucks we have to wait for season 2 though

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
TV we've been watching lately #213
Raja, Rasoi, Aur Anya Kahaniyaan (Kings, Kitchens, and Other Stories) is a phenomenal Indian food documentary show. There are two seasons, one on Netflix, each of 12 episodes, and each episode covers a specific region of India, its royal culinary history, some social and demographic content, and then how the historical food of kings survives and morphs through the present day. I was mildly interested in the first two episodes but starting from S01E03, the Delhi episode, I was totally hooked. The depth with which it dives into each region of India's culinary history is fascinating to me as an outsider, and it's gorgeously shot. The subtitles are sometimes a little off, and it's annoying to have to read English subtitles for a Hindi voiceover of an English interview, but the show is otherwise without blemish. Highly recommended.
Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #214
Holy FUCK, the season finale to Vice Principals. Some of those synthwave drops over the season seemed a little out of place, but it all makes sense now. This whole first half of the series was a set-up for what is going to be a bloody and brutal South Korean revenge movie set in the American South. I am both excited and nervous to see where this goes.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Ryan Byewood

• How do I forum?
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #215
I've been rewatching Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law for like the 100th time and that's really it. I haven't found anything that catches my eye to start watching.

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #216
Just finished Kakuranger. Great, insane sentai show. Also the only one with a legitimate female lead who is portrayed as both human and capable, rather than a Strong Female CharacterTM.

I highly recommend it.
Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

Ambious

TV we've been watching lately #217
Ash Vs. The Evil Dead is super stupid and super fun! Watch it if you liked the original Evil Dead movies.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Ragnarok Boobies

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
TV we've been watching lately #218
For some reason it took me until now to watch Ash Versus the Evil Dead. I regret my decision to wait this long as any moment not having watched old Ash fighting the Evil dead 30 years after he originally did was a moment wasted.

If you like enjoying things and being happy then I suggest watching this show.

Come on

Really_Quite_Nice

• "Do I look like the kind of man who goes to wicked parties?"
  • Paid
  • Every time I've built character, I've regretted it
TV we've been watching lately #219
A Penny Dreadful podcast ran an F Plus episode.

Breakfast

• Most Important Meal
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #220
I didn't catch the Turkey Day MST3K marathon, but I just watched Manos: The Hands of Fate and now I'm a little ways into Time of the Apes! God, Mystery Science Theater 3000 was such an amazing show and I'm surprised people don't talk about it more here.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #221
Wait until January and you will pray for death instead of having to hear another hot take from the recaposphere on how the new season of MST3k gives liberals the rhetorical tools to fight Trumpism.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop cyclopeantrash Breakfast

Fanzay

• Failson Prime
  • Paid
  • Turned on is the wrong word
TV we've been watching lately #222
I've been marathoning Westworld. It was great! I'm curious how and where they would go from here, though. I almost don't want a second season.

Speaking of, Norwegian national treasure Ingrid Bolsø Berdal has a semi-large supporting role in it, and she fucking steals every scene she's in.

Watch Westworld.

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
TV we've been watching lately #223
Some mad lads on reddit have been working for a while on remastering Avatar: The Last Airbender and they finished a couple weeks ago. If you've ever watched ATLA in the past five years you know that even on the DVDs the visual quality is nowhere near as good as that show deserves, and this version is glorious.  You can check the screenshot comparisons here. I highly recommend using the torrent link and just downloading it episode by episode because the whole thing is 63 gb.

Also, if you haven't watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, oh my god please. This show is incredible. I always thought it looked like a dumb fake anime for children, and it kind of is for the first few episodes, but by the end it's actually the best show ever.
Yavuz bubbleuj Ashto

Patterns

• An actual venture capitalist worth supporting
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #224
Last Chance U is a very good Netflix documentary series about a community college in Mississippi that recruits football players who are talented enough to play Division 1, but don't have the grades to be eligible. This team slaughters every other junior college in the area, but the challenge is getting the players to perform well enough academically to be eligible to transfer. It's a really interesting look at the personal lives and struggles of these elite athletes, and how going to a bad high school can hold you back.
Achilles' Heelies