Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:35:07 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: TV we've been watching lately  (Read 146053 times)

Kreega

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #240
I've just caught up on FX's Legion and I cannot recommend it enough. Go watch, it's cray
chai tea latte

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
TV we've been watching lately #241
Waiting in line for Samurai Jack premiere + Q&A w/ Genndy.
CormansInferno, March 09, 2017, 08:44:00 pm

Watched the two new episodes and damn is this series just so good.

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #242
Waiting in line for Samurai Jack premiere + Q&A w/ Genndy.
CormansInferno, March 09, 2017, 08:44:00 pm

Watched the two new episodes and damn is this series just so good.
Sanguinary Novel, March 21, 2017, 11:37:02 pm

Next week's episode is a scorcher too. Excited to see what the rest of the series looks like.

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #243
So, it's generally not something that people think of it for, but Crunchyroll has a selection of live-action Japanese television shows, and I just found out that they have NINE DIFFERENT ULTRAMAN SERIES, from the 1974 Ultraman Leo, to the 2016 Ultraman Orb. Excuse me while I drown in giant monster wrassling

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:46:05 pm by LancashireMcGee »

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
TV we've been watching lately #244
Putting this in the big TV thread because it's important, for just FOUR (that's right, 4) bux a month, you can legally help combat space imperialism and listen to some chill opera bangers. This is like one of the "least anime" anime ever, check it out it rules

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #245
Putting this in the big TV thread because it's important, for just FOUR (that's right, 4) bux a month, you can legally help combat space imperialism and listen to some chill opera bangers. This is like one of the "least anime" anime ever, check it out it rules

AgentCoop, June 20, 2017, 02:03:03 pm

And to whom should I be paying these 4bux?

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #246

AgentCoop, June 20, 2017, 02:03:03 pm

And to whom should I be paying these 4bux?
LancashireMcGee, June 20, 2017, 06:37:15 pm
Yo my B, the sites down right now but it looks like HIDIVE

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-20/hidive-anime-streaming-service-launches-with-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes/.117768

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #248
I feel like I've been remiss in not mentioning that the new twin peaks rules, cause it does, it rules ass, check it out

znarf

• Paid
  • aka Ludwig von Bangthoven
TV we've been watching lately #249
GLOW on Netflix. 

Really enjoyed.  Finished it today.  Last scene of the first episode and the conclusion of the Machu Pichu arc are my favorite moments.

I didn't even recognize that was Carlito in the scene and he was holding a damn apple.

Ambious

TV we've been watching lately #250
Rewatching Star Trek: TNG.
Darmok is probably one of the best written episodes of any TV show ever.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Blandest

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
TV we've been watching lately #251
Rewatching Star Trek: TNG.
Darmok is probably one of the best written episodes of any TV show ever.
Ambious, July 15, 2017, 05:16:13 pm

The first two seasons contain some real Shaka when the walls fell episodes though. I'm coming to the end of my rewatch of TNG, next up is another rewatch of DS9.

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #252
A list of the team in the newest sentai show:

The Luckiest Man Alive Who Won't Shut Up About It
Sad Wolf Boy
Totally Not Spock, I Swear Guys
Captain Italian Stereotype (but still Japanese)
Angry Justice Bull
Lando Calarissian and C-3P0's illegitimate love child
Calvin, but a female android
Bossy Ninja Chick
Angsty Scorpion Man

It's a fun show, but I'll be surprised if they can keep me caring about the characters.

Ambious

TV we've been watching lately #253
GLOW on Netflix. 

Really enjoyed.  Finished it today.  Last scene of the first episode and the conclusion of the Machu Pichu arc are my favorite moments.

I didn't even recognize that was Carlito in the scene and he was holding a damn apple.
znarf, July 01, 2017, 01:41:58 am

Tried a couple of episodes and really didn't like it.
I found the writing lazy and the characters unoriginal.
The concept of the show is really good, but the execution is your basic Netflix formula of "boring and sad main character with an assortment of quirky and 'interesting' side-characters".
Did not surprise me one bit to learn it's from the same people who made "Orange is the new Black", not because it was bad but because it's basically the same show in a different setting.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
TV we've been watching lately #254
GLOW on Netflix. 

znarf, July 01, 2017, 01:41:58 am

Tried a couple of episodes and really didn't like it.
I found the writing lazy and the characters unoriginal.
The concept of the show is really good, but the execution is your basic Netflix formula of "boring and sad main character with an assortment of quirky and 'interesting' side-characters".
Did not surprise me one bit to learn it's from the same people who made "Orange is the new Black", not because it was bad but because it's basically the same show in a different setting.
Ambious, August 10, 2017, 12:07:36 pm
Interesting review! To me, Jenji Kohan shows start out strong and get weaker over time, so I really enjoyed the first season of GLOW but don't know if I'll end up liking the third.

Ozark$ seemed bad. Bateman is good but I can't buy into the plot.

I watched a few eps of Penn And Teller: Fool Us while I was really stoned and I still don't think I'd recommend it. Lots of little moments of sexism, usually from Penn Jilette. The magic tricks were very cool, though. Here is the most visually impressive trick I saw.

Friends From College, the Netflix Keegan-Michael Key vehicle, seemed bad but not offensively so.

The show I've really liked lately is Netflix's Last Chance U. It's a compelling human documentary that feels a lot like Friday Night Lights, which is a good thing. Lots of footage of people torn between worlds, obligations, and self-preservation.