Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

Robots in hell contemplate the meaninglessness of their suffering

(1/9) > >>

Zekka:
    LYKOURGOS
Hi, new here. About to walk out, but I wanted to see if any answers appeared when I ask; how do you think Hegel and Wittgenstein would reconcile between each other's systems? Hegel was a universalist who was anti solipsism and anti nominalist, from my limited readings, and Wittgenstein was a solipsist, according to Findlay (the translator of the Phenomenology of Spirit), who met with Wittgenstein.

I take Wittgenstein being a solipsist to mean that he does not attach metaphysical concepts to the world, he sees all attempts at attachment as language games. He could be interpreted as a fideist, in some sense, if he is spiritual, because if so, he is against rational attempts at containing god. Nonetheless, the reconciliation between these two thinkers is difficult for me, as they seem to directly contradict one another.

How would any of you reconcile this? AFK.

CYRIL
"new"

Haven't you been banned before?

LYKOURGOS
Maybe in a past life. I had a re-birth experience recently. I was able to uncover the memory of a childhood fall after I monster cockyzed my own memories via Plato's cave and Freud's id, simply by paying attention to subconscious memories as they arose through days of meditation.

I built a machine called the god's eyes machine that I used to watch colors and elaborate shapes which would appear behind my eye lids faintly. I have been hospitalized several times and need heavy accomodations in my college, but I no longer ascribe to nihilism.

My brain was so deeply ingrained in it due to my neuro-atypical aspect, that when I stopped believing in nihilism as an obsessive thought train, I could no longer move and began consuming about 4000 calories a day due to fight or flight mode, and perhaps rebuilding sensitive tissue which Plato, Plotinus, and The Bhagavad Gita tore into it.

My god is Shiva, the destruction of the corporeal illusion, and incorporeal form; the gateway to the beyond. I believe Shiva has granted me re-birth. Shiva is the Hericlician river which exists in the field, and Shiva took kindly to me because I believed only in the field and was detached as a solipsist from the knowledge of their unification.

Brahma is in us all, we see the world through god's eyes. That is my testament. I will be going now.

FinchChunk:
How do you tell who is trolling and who is just dumb?

chai tea latte:
FinchChunk, March 04, 2020, 03:46:35 pm
--- End quote ---
even the trolls are dumb, I think,

Zekka:
FinchChunk, March 04, 2020, 03:46:35 pm
--- End quote ---

well, I certainly can't!

Zekka:
    GORGOPHONE
the goal of life is to create a thing that always feels good, and wants to make more of itself, so as many best-possible-existences can exist as can be made.

DORUS
For whom is this thing supposed to feel good?

GORGOPHONE
the thing

DORUS
And not me?

GORGOPHONE
no

DORUS
And how do I create a sentient thing that can feel anything?

GORGOPHONE
you should value its goodness as much as your own. it's jsut as good for it to always feel good, as it would be for you to, if it started as a human like you are

DORUS
So like make a baby?

GORGOPHONE
no

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version