Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:01 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The Jack Chick Quartet!  (Read 5678 times)

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
The Jack Chick Quartet!
Have you ever thought to yourself, "I wonder what it would sound like if Jack Chick sang all 4 parts of a barbershop quartet"?

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE IN LUCK
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes NutshellGulag Frank West Caroline Baldr Afraid of Audio Boots Raingear Digital Walnut Fanzay Isfahan

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
The Jack Chick Quartet! #1
You should do more electronic music so I can nitpick it. (Especially since you apparently studied that? I think that's pretty cool.)

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
The Jack Chick Quartet! #2
Let me actually nitpick your "Some kinda menu thing" composition.  (Fair warning: I am not a real musician, I just hack stuff out in Ableton periodically) Fair warning, this turned out both long and possibly poorly explained. Don't take me too seriously!

NSFW content. Click to show.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
The Jack Chick Quartet! #3
You should do more electronic music so I can nitpick it. (Especially since you apparently studied that? I think that's pretty cool.)
Zekka, February 23, 2016, 11:41:15 pm

patience, daniel-san.

what did you think of the actual reason this thread was posted? [earthworm]

Zekka

• Paid
The Jack Chick Quartet! #4
Zekka, February 23, 2016, 11:41:15 pm

patience, daniel-san.

what did you think of the actual reason this thread was posted? [earthworm]
jack chick, February 24, 2016, 09:29:27 am

I kind of figured you were going to reenact the rise and fall of George Clinton, starting from barbershop, moving on to operatic funk music, and then maybe you'll help some of your friends developing a crippling heroin addiction.

It just occurred to me you might want actual critique. The orchestration sounds OK and you picked good transitional chords, although it sounds kind of like you mixed the top part out of existence. There's something fuzzy about the tonality of this one. My gut is that you're slightly sharp near the beginning for the melody line, but it might be another part. The quaver in this recording makes it sound a little more intimate than I'm used to barbershop sounding -- I think this is a mix of vocal technique and mic distance, but I'm not sure. I'm suspicious there's something funny about your breathing since it seems like you'll hit a few notes fairly well and then start to quaver.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:38:31 am by Zekka »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
The Jack Chick Quartet! #5
Omg jack chick where did you find three other guys who sound just like you?
Courtesy Bee NutshellGulag Digital Walnut chai tea latte

Courtesy Bee

• Paid
  • buzz buzz
The Jack Chick Quartet! #6
breathing
Zekka, February 24, 2016, 10:21:49 am

This is the number one thing I'd recommend working on. It sounds like you might not be properly supporting your notes with your diaphragm. That can lead to problems with wavering and unsteadiness.

You've got a pleasant singing voice though dude. Good job on that.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
The Jack Chick Quartet! #7
this was recorded at midnight when i had a cold so i was trying not to wake up my neighbors. I've been working on improving my breath control through pianissimo sections.

Thanks for listening!

Mango Tango

• Paid
The Jack Chick Quartet! #8
Holy shit! You're actually a really great singer.