Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:45 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1445092 times)

dijon du jour

• your zesty bud
  • Paid
  • oh gosh
Honestly my therapist is a saint for the fact that she has to listen to me ramble for a half hour about how I've decided I probably don't believe in either God or Satan but I'm still comforted by occasionally saying simple symbolic prayers to one or the other because I've concepted them in my head as metaphorical spirits of "wanting to be your best self" and "loving your current self" respectively and after hearing that she doesn't laugh directly into my face.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Dr. Buttplug

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
The furrorist pawttacks 140 years ago
xX_sp00ks_Xx Salubrious Rex RoeCocoa
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:03:48 pm by chai tea latte »

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
You'd have thought by the 30th bomb attack they'd have assigned more than 5 counterterrorism officers.
Great Joe

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
If Americans did Christmas pantos, I think lots of them would be adaptations of Tom Sawyer.
Sauce

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
At what point do waterfront mansions engulfed by the sea due to climate change, uh, at what point does liberating valuables turn from theft into salvage? This is very important for a angel investor pitch I'm making.
Great Joe GirlKisser420 Salubrious Rex Frank West Penultimatum Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa

chai tea latte

• Paid
Like at what point do I and my SCUBA team suddenly count as treasure hunters.
Great Joe Salubrious Rex Dr. Buttplug

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Just say you're recovering and upcycling what you salvage in an effort to create a new line of green and distressed furniture and objects. And since the patterns and distress caused by the water are truly unique, you can only charge top price for these masterpieces
chai tea latte Great Joe Salubrious Rex

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Just say you're recovering and upcycling what you salvage in an effort to create a new line of green and distressed furniture and objects. And since the patterns and distress caused by the water are truly unique, you can only charge top price for these masterpieces
Guy Ferrari, September 18, 2021, 01:24:59 pm

I hadn't realized this was a response at first and thought I was having an episode
chai tea latte Penultimatum

• Paid
As someone who read a couple of books about ships once and was interested enough that I wanted to research (in the current, less strict meaning of the word) this upon seeing the question, I think I can help.

I assume a submerged McMansion is basically a shipwreck (I am not a marine lawyer), in which case you don't strictly need to wait (I am not a marine lawyer), a person who voluntarily rescues property from marine danger is entitled to fair compensation (I am not a marine lawyer). It's still technically the property of the original owner, so they may prefer to give you money or some other asset in lieu of the goods themselves, but there's something in it for you (I am not a marine lawyer)! If you can't come to an agreement, you may have to take it to arbitration, be prepared to consult a marine lawyer.

You do have to be careful not to leave it too long. In the US once a wreck becomes embedded, which is kind of ambiguous but basically means that you can't access it without shifting the sediment (or coral), it belongs to the whichever state you're in, and you're not allowed to touch them at all.

Best check your local laws unless you happen to be salvaging in Bir Tawil (unlikely) or that one chunk of Antarctica (more likely). If I had to give one piece of advice, it would be to speak to a real marine lawyer before going any further. Then keep him on hand in case you need that arbitration.

chai tea latte Seth "Slimy" Rollins Dr. Buttplug

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
if a cowboy is someone who wrangles cows, a catboy should be someone who wrangles cats
Antivehicular Great Joe Salubrious Rex Penultimatum Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa cat_examiner

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
Reaching the point in a relationship where you ask "what are you wearing?" not for sexy reasons, but because you want to make sure you don't wear the same color of shirt as them when you go out to get a hamburger
Salubrious Rex thelizzerd RoeCocoa

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
Random revelation I just had: it's the 25th anniversary of the birthday where my mother bought me a watch, then worried so hard that I'd think it was too mannish that she forgot to pack my lunch for school. I should celebrate by buying a watch and then forgetting to eat.
Great Joe xX_sp00ks_Xx thelizzerd

thelizzerd

• Paid
  • Make documents, not sense.
Reaching the point in a relationship where you ask "what are you wearing?" not for sexy reasons, but because you want to make sure you don't wear the same color of shirt as them when you go out to get a hamburger
Antivehicular, September 19, 2021, 04:40:29 pm

Asking what are you wearing because you know if you accidently show up matching to this party your friend will make fun of you again.
Great Joe chai tea latte Macho Masc Sangy Savage Antivehicular

• Paid
why did no-one tell me wonderbread guy was a nazi?

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
why did no-one tell me wonderbread guy was a nazi?
moooo566, September 25, 2021, 06:07:37 am
we all thought you knew
you're always wearing that "wonderbread guy is a nazi" t-shirt.
chai tea latte Salubrious Rex Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa