Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:12 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Nice to meet old friend  (Read 21483 times)

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Nice to meet old friend
I was relistening some of the earlier episodes of the podcast and got the urge to find out what has happened to some of the young hopefuls featured in the episode Sub Sub Pop.

Charlotte Sometimes is still doing music, she was a contestant on The Voice, but got eliminated in the first live round. She's still doing small shows (good for her!) and is performing a few gigs in a place called Vans Warped Tour-Acoustic Basement - Buffalo, NY, if anyone is interested in seeing her perform.

This is one of her latest songs, which I'm sure is not autobiographical at all.

Here are some choise bits from her FB and Twitter.

my cat just farted. just thought i'd share #catfarts

Performing tonight at Arlenes Grocery 8 PM! See ya then xo

Hey everyone!! I am teaching a Songwriting Camp this summer! How fun! Right? Anywho, click the link to learn more... http://fb.me/2F3lvibaz

Did you know I write songs for your weddings, birthdays, and gifts? Did you also know I play private events?

She also apparently has a small Tumblr following, and someone likes her enough to take a tattoo of her song lyrics.

See her Tumblr here
http://4eversometimes.tumblr.com/

Compared to this, Caleb Lovely has not been nearly as successful. He doesn't even warrant his own Wikipedia entry. On the other hand, his FB and Twitter are much more amusing.

Taking a break from doing youtube videos. They were a BLAST to do this summer! Which one was your favorite?

My internship at @chestnut_ridge church is done August 31st. I'm not sure what happens next. How've I impacted you this year? Post below for all to see, or message me! I'd love to hear. Ready. Go.

Had my wisdom teeth out Friday! Starting to feel better. Here are a few ways you can cheer me up:
1. Buy a tshirt and post a pic on here of you wearing it.
2. Pick your favorite youtube thursday vid and share the junk out of it.
3. Make a new friend today (say, at Dunkin Donuts), tell them about me, and have them 'like' this page.

@jcataneo it's cause you're a freaking skeleton. Now go make me some chili!! #manchili

I'm pretty sure the coyote pack in the woods behind my house just had a sacrifice. C'mon guys, really? It's 4:30 in the morning. #shutup

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
Nice to meet old friend #1
Oh lord, I thought that tattoo was an infection until I scrolled further down.
icarus

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Nice to meet old friend #2
I actually kind of liked that Charlotte Sometimes song you linked. I do have awful taste in trashy pop music, though, as anyone who's ever suffered through my setting-up-of-playlists can warrant.

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
Nice to meet old friend #3
Oh, that's what I remembered Charlotte Sometimes from!  When I was watching The Voice, I thought the name seemed familiar.

gee golly gosh

• Paid
  • Poisonously Pink.
Nice to meet old friend #4
Connie Marshall (episode 50: What's Louisville got to do with it?) seems to be in the process of getting herself arrested, if you believe her website (and honestly, why wouldn't you?):

http://justiceforallcitizens.com/conniebeatenarrested.html

After the False Arrest and Stomping of Connie Marshall, the
Louisville Metro Police are a "No Show" for Court Six (6) Times.
Why hasn't this case been Disimissed?  The Louisville Metro Police
were not present for Court on the Following Days,  The
Arraignment - June 29, 2012 &  Probable Cause
Hearings - consistently rescheduled July 9, 2012,
July 26, 2012, Sept.14, 2012, Nov.14, 2012, &
 Jan. 29, 2013. I continue to be tormented and
harassed by them which started in 2005 before the Incident on
 June 24, 2012 & continues to present date 2013.  I have
consistently ask Officials in my town for assistance and have
been denied assistance regarding the Louisville Metro Police.
See pages on this website, entitled, "Officials Denying Assistance,"
"Officials Direct Quotes," "Police Reports, etc.  On November 14,
2012 I again asked my Attorney where the police were and was told
they were upstairs, however I have never seen the police at the
courthouse or in the courtroom. I Do Fear for My Life due to the
high degree of Corruption, Racism & Nepotism in my town.
  (see page entitled, "Is this Nepotism?)

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
Nice to meet old friend #5
Kentucky has an online court repository, and it confirms that Connie Marshall of Louisville has an active criminal case. Details aren't available, but it's marked as VINE-eligible. VINE is a program that notifies crime victims of things going on with the offender's cases, so this wasn't a victimless crime.
Baldr Lemon chai tea latte Jas.AFK Sherman Tank

Haydon

• Paid
Nice to meet old friend #6
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I must unfortunately tell you that the Edgertonite National Party has recently abolished itself. No word on the future of Laura-ism.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Nice to meet old friend #7
So, what's going on with Mike Bike?

https://twitter.com/michaelbyc

@Beppo_Venerdi You should review video games and rate them in regards to how masculine they are or what not.

My new thing: every time I feel hungry I'm going to eat a tea spoon of coconut oil. Interested in joining me?

Going by Mickey has been one of my better decisions. People's eyes light up and everyone thinks I work on the docks or something

He's also started writing again. Behold,  Alpha Dog Days of Summer.

http://michaelbyc.com/category/alpha-dog-days-of-summer/

Mission:

If you never had a girlfriend or a girl that “broke your heart.” Consider yourself boss. Unless you never had a girlfriend because you are a fat slob. Then you need to work hard. Update those 300 pushups to 1000. Sweat.

Either way read this http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/589072628.html and come back tomorrow.

To those that have been “hurt” it is high time that you finally deal with this parasite that has been gnawing at your armor.

Today I want you to sit down and put pen to pad and write all the good times and the bad times. I want you to squeeze out every memory between you and her. Write it down. Record.

Then I want you to sit back, grab a beer, and think back to how pathetic you were in her presence. Yes I am judging you to have been pathetic. Otherwise you would have been over her.

Think of all the times you let your head rest on her shoulders. All the times you didn’t let her deal with her emotional tantrums on her own time, asking her “baby are you okay? can I get the Ben and Jerry’s for you.”

I need you to get rid of all the excess fat that was your relationship. So that when she does see your transformation you will not be tempted to let her back in.

Sex with her is fine. If she maintained her body. Relationship. Never again.

On to the next one.

Look deep into your emotional core and deplete it. Only then will you be able to continue unperturbed.

Till tomorrow.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Nice to meet old friend #8
My new thing: every time I feel hungry I'm going to eat a tea spoon of coconut oil. Interested in joining me?
Five teaspoons of that is 100% your daily value for saturated fat, so by Jingo why not!

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
Nice to meet old friend #9
Meanwhile, good old Roosh V has been defeated by Denmark: http://www.dissentclip.org/article/cockblocked-by-redistribution
Zsa Zsa KingKalamari Runic Sex Bomb Sherman Tank

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
Nice to meet old friend #10
Meanwhile, good old Roosh V has been defeated by Denmark: http://www.dissentclip.org/article/cockblocked-by-redistribution
Ansemaru, October 02, 2013, 09:06:05 am

Advocates of Nordic social democracy should be thrilled to discover a perk of gender-equalizing work-family reconciliation policies: they combat skeeviness.Quote from

BRB, moving to Denmark.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Nice to meet old friend #11
Man, dissent mag is fucking incredible. If anyone liked that article, I really recommend you check out more of the stuff they've published. The little queer/feminist library I volunteer at has a subscription and I'm always really impressed by at least half a dozen things an issue. I'd also suggest The New Inquiry and (especially) N+1 Mag.

suggested readings:
http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/further-materials-toward-a-theory-of-the-man-child/
http://nplusonemag.com/death-by-degrees
nilvoid

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Nice to meet old friend #12
The Death by Degrees article highlights a phenomenon I've noticed for a while now, a kind of "education inflation" which is devaluing the college degree and placing ridiculous requirements on some posted jobs.

My degree positions me for a career in the IT field, which is fine and all, that's what I wanted, etc. However, having a degree is no longer enough to get even an entry-level job. I've seen jobs with "Junior" even "Entry Level" titles requiring three years of experience. Lots of them. Some say three to five years! Where are we supposed to get this magical, mythical first three years of experience everybody wants but nobody is willing to give? Unless you're an unpaid intern all of your college years you don't even rate a shot? It's maddening.

now what can I read to wash the taste of Marxism out of my mouth
count_actuala crow

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Nice to meet old friend #13
now what can I read to wash the taste of Marxism out of my mouth
Isfahan, October 02, 2013, 06:06:07 pm
Might I suggest a swish of... red wine?

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Nice to meet old friend #14
Don't fight it Isfahan. Drink in the truth.