Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:06 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Christmas season!  (Read 19978 times)

beelzeboob

• Risen from the tits of hell.
  • Paid
  • call that the boobonic plague
Christmas season!
I love holidays and I love Christmas most of all. Decorating and gift-giving are so much fun and express so much about the individual engaging in them. I would love so much to see what you guys are up to this season! I really want to see Christmas lights, decorated trees, and presents you are especially excited to give to your loved ones. If you aren't into Christmas specifically, please show me what you are doing with other holidays! It's such a fun and festive time of year and I really want to share it with all of you. :)
Caroline Mique

beelzeboob

• Paid
Christmas season! #1
I'll start since that seems fair.

Costco let me down this year, so I made my boyfriend an advent calendar myself instead of just buying it. It's 24 individually wrapped unique local craft beers, most of which are ones he'll probably like but a few of which are a bit weird. He's a big Grinch so I figured this could help him mellow out a little.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte Lemon Corn Syrup bubbleuj Mique adrenochrome dome

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Christmas season! #2
I'll start since that seems fair.

Costco let me down this year, so I made my boyfriend an advent calendar myself instead of just buying it. It's 24 individually wrapped unique local craft beers, most of which are ones he'll probably like but a few of which are a bit weird. He's a big Grinch so I figured this could help him mellow out a little.

beelzeboob, December 01, 2017, 09:49:33 pm
This is incredible
Mique

bubbleuj

• Paid
Christmas season! #3
I'm going outlet shopping in the states!!! I'm so excited.
beelzeboob Mique

Apricaughts

• Paid
Christmas season! #4
I got my girlfriend a poster of this
Macho Masc Sangy Savage bubbleuj Eider Duck Sherman Tank Mique

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Christmas season! #5
I do christmas caroling!

By which I mean my life in december is an undending hell of being both holly and jolly. (i have 3-4 gigs every single weekend)
beelzeboob Sherman Tank Mique Pavlova FinchChunk

beelzeboob

• Paid
Christmas season! #6
House decorations are up!!!! Here are some of my fav bits :)

Also, I started wrapping this morning! There are officially gifts under the tree.
Caroline Macho Masc Sangy Savage I Liked That Joke bubbleuj Mique NutshellGulag

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Christmas season! #7
You know when someone turns on a bright light or opens the shade when you've been in the dark for hours and it kinda burns?

Dang your Christmas spirit is just too powerful for me beelz
bubbleuj

beelzeboob

• Paid
Christmas season! #8
Dang your Christmas spirit is just too powerful for me beelz
Sanguinary Novel, December 07, 2017, 02:06:08 pm

It's hereditary. We've actually toned it down quite a bit, as a family. Our house used to win awards when we'd do the outside.

This is from 2009. We wrote "Merry Christmas" in cursive on the roof in lights. The last year we had it all up (2010, maybe?) we installed a projector to make the northern lights on the wall behind Santa, whose workshop had animatronic elves visible through the window. Not pictured is the lake of blue lights with the fishing penguin. All in all, a massively time consuming and expensive passion for the holiday season. That we only have 5 Christmas trees in the house every year now is seriously downsizing.
bubbleuj Mique
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:25:47 pm by beelzeboob »

beelzeboob

• Paid
Christmas season! #9
Not to double post in my own thread or anything but last night I finished wrapping everyone else's presents- over 30 gifts boxed and wrapped in a variety of different papers, complete with ribbons, bows, and handmade tags. I'm thoroughly dedicated to my loved ones getting the opportunity to tear open paper instead of just emptying a boring old bag.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop bubbleuj Mique

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Christmas season! #10
Beelz, Spirit of Christmas, I need your help. I bought some really boring practical gifts for my mom (new cookie sheets, oven safe wire rack, and oven mitts) but holy shit that is boring. Do you have any solid advice for cheaper gifts that would be good for moms that aren't spa related?
Mique

beelzeboob

• Paid
Christmas season! #11
Beelz, Spirit of Christmas, I need your help. I bought some really boring practical gifts for my mom (new cookie sheets, oven safe wire rack, and oven mitts) but holy shit that is boring. Do you have any solid advice for cheaper gifts that would be good for moms that aren't spa related?
Sanguinary Novel, December 20, 2017, 12:24:08 pm

I find tasteful, but personal, jewelry is usually a safe bet with older women. My mom likes camping and snakes and bugs, so I like to buy her jewelry that reflects her oddities. What does your mom do with her time that makes her "her"? Favorite animals, favorite colors, favorite flowers, and quirky hobbies are great building blocks for a perfect present. It sounds like she loves baking, so it may be worthwhile to hit a Hobby Lobby or a Michaels (but ESPECIALLY Hobby Lobby lol) and check out their jewelry section for baking themed charms and pendants! They literally always have cute, unique items instead of something generic like "pretty rock" or "silver heart" (though neither of those things are bad if you think that would be significant to her), and they sell the chains or earring bases to complete your project. You could even hit up the miniature dollhouse section and make "plate of cookies" earrings or something similar, if she's slightly kitschy. I've also found that, if giving someone a charm necklace or something simple like that, tucking a short note in with the gift about why you picked it, how it represents the person to you, and that you made it yourself ratchets that gift up about 20x higher on the sentimentality scale without actually increasing the cost.

Alternately, if you've got Amazon Prime (which I believe you can get free if you have a student email? Don't quote me on that) there's some cute baking jewelry in there without ever having to assemble it yourself. Searching for and contacting local Etsy sellers in order to skip on shipping times is also a potential option.

ETA: If she's not the jewelry type, please hit me up in a PM or something cause I love gift shopping and I'd still love to help you find something that fits her. Everyone deserves something frivolous and impractical for the holidays.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage bubbleuj Mique
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 04:00:30 pm by beelzeboob »

Dawnswalker

• Paid
Christmas season! #12
Merry Xmas, ballp.it!
beelzeboob Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Mique bubbleuj

beelzeboob

• Paid
Christmas season! #13
CHRISTMAS DAY IS IN OUR GRASP SO LONG AS WE HAVE HANDS TO CLASP
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Mique bubbleuj

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Christmas season! #14
EVERYBODY GETS BULBS FOR CHRISTMAS
QueenSyreen beelzeboob Macho Masc Sangy Savage lazzer grardaion? Mique Dawnswalker GirlKisser420 bubbleuj NutshellGulag Sherman Tank Cirr Seth "Slimy" Rollins Yavuz nuffkins, of all people, adrenochrome dome